• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros for Switch Roster Prediction Contest - Deadline: one hour - Prize

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I would like to invite everyone to join this contest: Super Smash Bros for Switch Roster Prediction Contest.

The point of this contest is that people would have to predict most accurate roster for Smash for Switch in order to win the prize. I would like to remind people that this contest might last about few years because we are going to wait and see if Smash for Switch is going to get DLC contents or not. At once the full roster get revealed, the winner will be announced and get their reward accordingly.

It's up to you to predict the full roster for Smash Bros for Switch and Super Smash Bros for Switch DLC. Keep it in your mind, getting DLC for SSB for Switch isn't guaranteed so it's likely that we wouldn't get any.

This contest is going to be very interesting one because it's possible that it would be first time for Smash franchise to have a port along with new contents. We don't know how the game would be since it's our first time experiencing this kind of situation so it's going to be very refreshing to see where people are at with their mentality. The rules and patterns for Smash Bros is going to be throw out of the window for people who are familiar with the developments.

There are rumors out there claims that we would only get two characters? It's entirely up to you to believe it or not. (It's plausible that it came from a source with limited knowledge)
We have no single clue with what to expect for potential Smash port
We don't know if this game is going to have it's own DLC or not.

The rules should be simple enough for the contest and please follow the rules. If you don't then you're automatically disqualified from the contest.

Rules:

1. There is no fixed limit to the amount of fighters you can suggest, however you will lose points for the difference between your roster count and the final roster count. So if the final roster comprises of 40 characters and someone guessed 44 character they will lose 4 points. The same would apply to someone who was under, so guessing 36 fighters will also lose you 4 points.

2. Please do not put character/character in the prediction roster. For example, if someone decides to put Victini/Zoroark then this person will be disqualified for the contest. Choose one of two characters or put both if you feel like they will be in the roster. Transformation characters are the exception.

3. Transformation characters (Zelda/Sheik) and Party character(Pokemon Trainer) will be equal as 2 to 5 points. If you got them right then you are rewarded as equal points of how many characters it included. Otherwise, it is same thing as losing the points.

If you listed Samus/Zero Suit Samus. If they announced Samus but Zero Suit Samus got cut out of the game. You will get zero point because it cancelled each other out.

If you got Zelda and Sheik then you got two points because they counted as two characters.

For Party character, if you got Pokemon Trainer's pokemons right then that would be 3 points. If you got two out of three wrong then you will only lose a point. -2 + 1 = -1.

4. You will lose a point per character that did not make it into the roster.

5. If you really want to add future characters then you may add the characters but please to be specific with information. Also the games MUST BE mentioned or rumored to coming to Nintendo Switch. Example: "Retro Protagonist" or "Nintendo New IP"

6. Please post total amount of characters at the bottom or top of the post, so it would make it easier for me to do the scores. Please make sure that your total count would included transformation characters as well.

7. IMAGE ROSTER ARE WELCOME BUT if you want to post your image roster, then you are required to type up the roster as well, because people can easily edit the photo by uploading with the same file name. If you are going to post image roster only by deadline then you would be disqualified.

8. If you are going to edit after the deadline, then you are automatically disqualified.

Tiebreaker method:
If we are getting tied in the contest then we have a tiebreaker method ready. You must list three new stages

Guidelines:
1. Please don't include veterans from Smash Bros for 3DS and Wii U because there are more likely that there wouldn't be any cut because it's high likely to be a port.
2. Just list newcomers and cut veterans (example: Ice Climbers, Snake, Wolf, etc)
3. If you are going to post the picture of your prediction. That's fine but please make sure you should type it out as well, just in case if the picture link break in the future.
4. Make sure that you are going to list 3 new stages, just in case if there are a tie breaker.

Deadline: Jan 12 12:00AM EST

Why so early? I would like to be able to avoid the media leaks or anything that could possibly happens. Also, if there are reliable sources leaking the characters, then the thread would be requested to get locked, and if people edited their posts to reflecting on those leaks, would be DQ'd.

Reward: Coming Soon

Neoxon

Everyone from Smash Wii U/3DS (DLC Included) + 2 Additional Characters
  • Ice Climbers (Ice Climber)
  • Inkling (Splatoon)
  • Spring Man (ARMS)
TIEBREAKER: Potential New Stages
  • New - Hyrule (The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild)
  • New - Inkopolis (Splatoon)
  • New - Spring Man's Arena (ARMS)
  • Old - Summit (Ice Climbers stage from Brawl)

rardk64

Likely:

Ice Climbers
Inklings

Hopefuls:

Dixie Kong

EDIT: oh and a Splatoon stage to go with the Inkings!

Current roster and dlc roster

Two additional fighters:
Inkling
Ice Climbers

Stage
Fountain of dreams
Splatoon stage
Ice climber stage

Total characters 60

Grexeno

All the characters from the Wii U and 3DS versions, with the addition of the Ice Climbers and the Inklings

EDIT:

New stages: Inkopolis, Summit (Brawl), stage based on the Mario launch title

RK128

-Entire Roster from 3DS & Wii U Base Release
-All DLC Fighters (Cloud, Ryu, Roy, Mewtwo, Lucas, Corin, Bayonetta)
-Newcomers: Paper Mario, Inkling, Third Party Guest (Yooka & Laylee, Crash Bandicoot, Simon Belmont or Dragon Quest XI Hero)
-Returning Vets: Wolf, Ice Climbers, Squirtle, Ivysaur

Smash 4 Roster + All DLC +

Vets:
Ice Climbers

Newcomers:
Inkling

Man, what an off the wall prediction. Absolutely ludicrous.

Stages
Inkopolis
The Summit (Brawl)
Pokemon Stadium

Clov

I'm predicting four characters being added to the base game:

-Inkling
-Decidueye
-Ice Climbers
-Wolf

Stages:
-Inkopolis
-Summit (Brawl)
-Po Town

Alienous

Newcomers

Inklings
(Venom) Snake

New Stages

Inkopolis
(MGSV) Mother Base
Mario Kart 8's Mario Circuit (just checked, it was in the Wii U version)
The Great Plateau

Roster will consist of the playable cast of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and the dlc fighters (Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, Ryu, Cloud, Corrin, Bayonetta.)

That's it.

Search your feelings, you all know this to be true.

Edit: No new stages, instead we get veteran stages.

Say "welcome back" to Hanenbow, Great Bay, and Brinstar Depths.

Link of the Wild

Ice Climbers

Chorus Kids

Inkling Girl (+ Boy Costume)

Deciduye

Wolf

Snake

Shovel Knight

Rayman

Spring Man (+ Spring Girl costume)

Bomberman

That's everyone over the course of DLC.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
- Inkling
- Shovel Knight

Stages:
- Inkopolis
- Plains of Passage

Character Total: 60

Maybe this time!

lol

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I imagine no changes from the Wii U/3DS roster and we'll see the DLC characters too.

As for new additions:
Ice Climbers (hopefully enough processing power to include 16 Popo & Nanas)
Inkling (Nintendo IP Splatoon)
Cross (Nintendo IP Xenoblade X)
Wonder-Red (Nintendo IP Wonderful 101)
Takamaru (Nintendo IP Murasame Castle)

Shovel Knight (Third Party Yacht Club Games)
Jibanyan (Third Party Level 5 Yo-kai Watch)
Lloyd Irving (Third Party Namco Tales of Symphonia)
Dragon Quest Hero with 9 Skins for each game (Third Party Square-Enix)

Tiebreaker Stages:
3DS exclusive stages
Poke Floats
Something Mega Man X themed, need more Mega Man levels.

Character Total: 76

Newcomers:

- Ice Climbers
- Wolf
- Chorus Kids
- Inkling

I do not think this port will get more than 4 new characters, if it gets any at all.

EDIT: Oh, I need stages for the tiebreaker. I honestly don't think we're getting a single new stage, but let's see...

-Inkopolis
-Heaven World (from Rhythm Heaven Megamix)
-Rainbow Cruise (back from Brawl)

Newcomers: 4

I'm gonna go with Ice Climbers, Inkling and Wolf.

I'm not expecting much in the terms of new characters for Sm4sh Switch but I think 3 is a good number.

EDIT: Stages: Summit (Brawl) and a Splatoon-themed stage.

Everyone from Wii U/3DS base and DLC come back obviously.

Additional characters:
- Ice Climbers
- Inkling (or some other Splatoon character like Agent 3)
- Chorus Kids
- Wolf
- A 7th Gen Pokemon (Decidueye would be my bet)

Total additions: 5
Total entirely: 63

Tiebreaker stages:
- Inkopolis
- Alola League
- Rhythm Heaven (kind of like a WarioWare stage that changes between minigames)

(Sarcastic picks:
- Lyn
- Eliwood
- Leif
- Chrom
- Seliph)

PK Gaming

akihiko-sanada-shin-megami-tensei-persona-3-fes-49.8.jpg

You heard me

Zebei

Time to be wrong!

5 characters

-Inklings
-Decidueye
-Elma
-Wolf
-Ice Climbers

EDIT Tiebreaker stages
Inkopolis Plaza
Mira (if this is too broad then NLA)
One of those temples from BotW

Ice Climbers
Wolf
Squirtle
Ivysaur
and Inkling

4 old characters plus one new one for the hardcore fans seems right to me.

5 characters being added is my guess.

Raysoul

Two new characters to promote the ports:

- Itsuki Aoi (Tokyo Mirage Session protagonist)
- Cross (Default name of Xenoblade X protagonist)

Then these two:

- Rayman
- Inkling

Sesha

Returning:

Everyone from Smash Wii U/3DS, DLC included.

Newcomers:

Ice Climbers
Wolf
Inklings
Decidueye
Chorus Kids
Banjo & Kazooie

Stage:

Splatoon
Rhythm Heaven
Ice Climbers

Platy

PEOPLE ARE FORGETING THE STAGE FOR TIEBRAKERS

and since everyone is posting ice climbers and inkling it will be needed =P

Sponge

Banned
Ice Climbers
Inkling
Rayman

Hopeful: Dixie Kong

Tiebreaker stages:

Inkopolis Plaza
Summit from Brawl
Rayman Origins/Legends stage
Something Breath of The Wild

Illucio

Banned
Returning Roaster:
Everyone + DLC characters from Super Smash Bros 3DS/WII U

Veterans returning:
Ice Climbers
Wolf

Newcomers:
Inklings (Splatoon)
Dovahkin (Skyrim)
Hunter (Monster Hunter)
Decidueye (Pokemon Sun & Moon)

Wild card:
Tracer if Overwatch makes it to Switch.

Stages:
Inkopolis (Splatoon)
Skyrim (To be more specific either Helgen, Whiterun, or the most likely: Throat of the World.)
Tetris Level

Ryce

Here's an unlikely prediction just for the hell of it.

RWyRMej.png

WwKgrgI.png

AtqW6kJ.png

b42KgOf.png

cchtopT.png

xt3JBNX.png

DPlX6Yt.png

UP4Hjsr.png

Tiebreaker stages: Summit (Ice Climber), Urchin Underpass (Splatoon), Great Plateau (Breath of the Wild)

Top Bottom