• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

Flowmoney

This beta thing is lame , with its white list factor and giving out like 50 codes to single people that either stream or have some fgc presence. There should have been disclaimer on site to say that people that we favor will be the majority and people who signed up would be a very low percentage like 1% and don't get your hopes up..

Well its not like I wanted to play it or anything.

I honestly hope that they're wiling to do a gender change premium skin because then the floodgates just open and they'll have so many possibilities to choose from.

Flowmoney

I honestly hope that they're wiling to do a gender change premium skin because then the floodgates just open and they'll have so many possibilities to choose from.

Wouldn't some characters look silly , unless they change the stances and how they walk somehow?

If they tried to have male character off of poison ivy or like harley quinn , don't think it would work out.

Batwoman, Bleez, Jesse Quick and Superwoman come to mind. I guess it depends on how much work NRS are prepared to put into Premier skins. Atrocitus would need to be completely reworked to translate Bleez effectively.

I'm assuming some characters will have a change of gender. If Poison Ivy is her own character, I can't believe they'd use another space for Swampy.

I don't buy Poison Ivy and Swamp Thing sharing a spot on the roster. If translated well, their move lists and play styles should be considerably different.

vg260

Yeah I'm happy about it too. Slaythe, Ryce and 2n2 appear to all be in. I was actually offering to buy a bundle of codes from that dude that sold me mine on Reddit so I could do another giveaway haha.

Yeah, I got lucky. I would be bummed to have missed out, but not enough to pay for one. I'd rather save it to buy the Ultimate. I don't really want to encourage scalpers.

I'm waiting for Sony to run their usual February spend 100/get15 to preorder on PS4 as I want it digital. I'm hoping to put much more time learning it this time since the netcode is seemingly much better. I mostly just dabbled in single player with the first and never really got the mechanics down.

I didn't get much time to try the beta yet, but I already love being able to customize your costumes. That alone is gonna get me hooked.

Yeah, I got lucky. I would be bummed to have missed out, but not enough to pay for one. I'd rather save it to buy the Ultimate. I don't really want to encourage scalpers.

I'm waiting for Sony to run their usual February spend 100/get15 to preorder on PS4 as I want it digital. I'm hoping to put much more time learning it this time since the netcode is seemingly much better. I mostly just dabbled in single player with the first and never really got the mechanics down.

I didn't get much time to try the beta yet, but I already love being able to customize your costumes. That alone is gonna get me hooked.

Hey 2n2, what's your PSN ID? I want to add you.

I want the digital version as well, but it's $149 AUD on the PSN store, whereas the physical version is $139. $10 isn't a big difference for convenience, but it adds up. Thinking about it now, the GAF community is likely going to be predominantly US based, so maybe I'm better off buying the US version if multiplayer is region locked again.

Oh man I can already tell unlocking those shaders is going to kill my ass. Good thing they didn't do it like Capcom and gate the colors behind a shitty mode.

You can buy the colours with FM now. Any premium costumes/characters purchased with real money also have all colours unlocked.

Yeah I got all the Alex colors that way but only his cause I need my fight money for free DLC. I got a refund on season 2 when it ended up looking like the leak was true.

Lettuce

giphy.gif

Still waiting for my Beta Code

Slaythe

Oh my god I figured out what was so bad.

Release Check is on by default.

D:

I can finally combo again !

bonus Superman screenshot that I really love. Perfect frame.

NSbdqgh.jpg

Netherrealm sure came a long way with faces.

They just need to fix the lightning during winposes and super attacks trigger.

Oh my god I figured out what was so bad.

Release Check is on by default.

D:

I can finally combo again !

bonus Superman screenshot that I really love. Perfect frame.

NSbdqgh.jpg

Netherrealm sure came a long way with faces.

They just need to fix the lightning during winposes and super attacks trigger.

The beta is an older build, right? So maybe the lighting has already been fixed. Great screen cap. I played a few rounds of the first Injustice this evening and it's amazing how different the game feels and looks.

It's not about a willingness or not.
A Swamp Thing skin for Ivy would have jump kick's passing right through Swampie's giant head because he's 4 feet taller than her, and if you change the hitboxes then it's a different character

Spinky

I'm developing a hatred for Black Canary.

This chick is EVERYWHERE, 80% of the players I'm coming across are using her. And some people are insanely good with her already, no idea how you get to that level without a practice mode.

Slaythe

I'm developing a hatred for Black Canary.

This chick is EVERYWHERE, 80% of the players I'm coming across are using her. And some people are insanely good with her already, no idea how you get to that level without a practice mode.

I'm more annoyed at Batmen.

they don't know what to do with him so they keep doing shitty grapple into stage transition.

Gets old fast.

Also regarding Black C.

I thought she was gonna be lame and bland as fuck.

But they made her acrobatics and "plane" powers super super fun and it looks great. Better than in the trailer.

Khezu

But they made her acrobatics and "plane" powers super super fun and it looks great. Better than in the trailer.

That trailer was really bad.
It made her look like garbage compared to what she can actually do.
And two of the specials they highlighted in it are gear abilities she doesn't even have.

The Black Canary reveal trailer definitely undersold her potential. It's no wonder so many are playing her. Though there are only six characters available to choose from.

Ryce

https://twitter.com/Spinkadink/status/830422779572998144
Yeah, I wish that wasn't locked to an ability, though maybe it's overpowered or something. There are a bunch of gear-specific moves that should be part of the default move sets.

sinkfla87

Haha someone used that on me and I almost threw my controller through the wall. As for the black canary thing, people were doing the same with Beetle because he was new. Soon as Grodd or someone else gets put in, everyone will flock there, too. I had time to practice with canary last night and for whatever reason, her ass gets owned by Atrocitus easy. Life steal and the good keep away with Dex.

sinkfla87

I swear it's been forever and a day since I've unlocked a shader for ANYONE. Same goes for new abilities, too. I think they need to up the drop rate. I'm getting Destiny Forever 29 flashbacks lol.

Ryce

I kinda wish Meteor Drop (Superman's Super Move setup ability) was its own special. He could use a new move that showcases his strength and speed.

sinkfla87

This is VERY MUCH a work in progress but I will continue to update THIS post as more are discovered. You can share your own findings as well and I will paste them into THIS post.

ATROCITUS

- Pillar of Blood (cost 1 slot)
Summons forth a pillar of blood and rage. Meter burning adds a second blast (launcher).

- Blood Push (cost 2 slots, credit to pock3tmonstr)
A powerful shot of pure rage blasts the opponent back. Meter Burning increases range and power.

Replaces Napalm Vomit.
Requires both Ability Slots.

- Regurgitate Rage (cost 1 slot, credit to ArgyleReptile)
Dex-Starr rushes forward and vomits rage, causing damage over time.

Replaces Dex-Starr's Blood Ball.

- Siphon Power (cost 1 slot, credit to ArgyleReptile)
Atrocitus drains the power from his opponent, depleting their Super Meter.

Replaces Life Drain

BATMAN *credit to Pan1cMode from TYM*

- Advanced Parry (cost 1 slot)
Allows cape counter/cape parry to be MB

- Bat strike (cost 2 slots)
Replaces Character trait. Summons mechanical Wayne Tech bats that attach to the opponent and explode.

- Boomerang Belt (cost 1 slot)
Replaces MB up batarang. The MB Up batarang now returns to strike an opponent in the back instead of exploding.

- Taser-rangs (cost 2 slot)
Replaces MB baatarangs. All MB batarangs explode in a burst of electricity, stunning the opponents

- Dual Batarangs (cost 1 slot)
Replaces Batarang. Batman flings two batarangs straight ahead.

- Air-to-air Batarangs (cost 1 slot)
Replaces Scatter Bombs. Batman flings a single batarang ahead while airborne.

- Air-to-Ground Batarangs (cost 1 slot)
Replaces Scatter Bombs. Batman flings a single batarang downward at an angle while airborne.

- Evading Bat (cost 1 slot)
Batman rolls backwards from a wakeup and attacks with an evasive manoeuvre

- Cape Parry (cost 1 slot)
Replaces cape counter. Gives batman multi-hitting cape parry (like Injustice 1)

BLACK CANARY

- Body Bounce (cost 1 slot, credit to Ryce)
Meter Burning the Hard Lock attack now bounces the opponent for a combo.

- Air Canary Cry (cost 1 slot, credit to Felix)
Black Canary can use her Canary Cry while airborne.

- Rising Kick (cost 1 slot, credit to Felix)
Gain a vertical kick. Meter Burning follows up with a second airborne kick that launches the opponent up in the air for a combo.

- Sonic Burst (cost 2 Slots, credit to ArgyleReptile)
Black Canary lobs a Sonic Grenade that disables her opponent for a short time.

Replaces Canary Cry

- Clutch Crush (cost 2 slots, credit to 2n2)
Grants Black Canary a powerful command grab in addition to her Canary Cry

BLUE BEETLE

- Mandible Flurry (cost 1 slot)
Blue Beetle extends his back claws and spins, striking twice. MB adds additional launching hit.

- Aculeus Strike (cost 1 slot)
Back claws attack rapidly in a flurry of 5 strikes.

- Crawling Burst (cost 2 slots)
Replaces energy cannon, launches a slow moving projectile and MB increases size and damage. (Editor's note: this move is straight dildos).

SUPERGIRL

- Suncharge (cost 1 slot/disables lasers)
Grants the ability to charge her body with power, reducing damage taken from attacks.

- Kryptonian Grinder (cost 1 slot, credit to Felix)
The Kryptonian Force Meter Burn is replaced with a grab that grinds the victim a great distance across the ground. (Replaces Kryptonian Force Meter Burn)

- Speeding Bullet (cost 1 slot, credit to ArgyleReptile)
Supergirl flies straight ahead while airborne, delivering a powerful punch.

- Earthshatter (cost 1 Slot, credit to ArgyleReptile)

Replaces the limited flight of the Sun Strike Meter Burn with a powerful ground pound attack.

SUPERMAN

- Air Heat Zap (cost 1 slot)
Superman gains a straight, focused blast of heat vision while airborne.

- Empowered Heat Zap (cost 1 slot)
Superman's Heat Zap can now be MB to increase damage and size.

- Krypton Charge (cost 1 slot, credit to Slaythe)
With extreme speed, Superman delivers a powerful flying attack.

- Ground Tremor (cost 1 slot, replaces air flying smash, credit to Slaythe)
Superman smashes the ground with his fist, creating a shockwave of damage. Meterburning adds an additional strike.

- Meteor Drop (cost 2 slots, replaces Supermove, credit to Ryce)
Superman flies into orbit, grabs a meteor, and smashes it onto the head of the opponent, triggering his Supermove.

GEAR SETS

ATROCIOUS

Traitor's Garb (credit to ArgyleReptile)
Set Bonus
[4/4] Force of Hate: 200% increased damage against Green Lantern Corps members (!)

The Five Inversions (credit to pock3tmonstr)
Set Bonus
[2/5] Interaction Boost: Increases Environmental Interaction damage by 10.00%.
[4/5] Heavy Throw: Increases Thrown Environmental Interaction damage by 10.00%
[5/5] Transition Boost: Increases Stage Transition damage by 20.00%.

BATMAN

Plastisteel Tactical Gear (credit to pock3tmonstr)
Set Bonus
[2/3] Bonus Defense: Gain an additional 100 Defense.
[3/3] Bonus Defense: Gain an additional 200 Defense.
[3/3] Kryptonian Defense System: Reduces damage from Kryptonians by 50.00% (Single Player Only).

Insurgent Armor (credit to pock3tmonstr)
Set Bonus
[2/4] Bonus Strength: Gain an additional 100 Strength.
[4/4] Bonus Ability: Gain an additional 100 Ability Power.
[4/4] Arkham Lockdown: 100.00% extra damage to classic Batman foes (Single Player Only).

Kryptonite Infused Armor (credit to ArgyleReptile)
Set Bonus
[5/5] Advanced Swarm: Increased Range on Bat Swarm Power

Billionare's Suit (credit to ArgyleReptile)
Set Bonus
[5/5] Affluent: Increases all currency gained by 15%
[5/5] Billionaire Batarangs: Activates Golden Batarangs

Blue Beetle credit to pock3tmonstr

The Reach
Set Bonus
[3/5] Interaction Boost: Increases Environmental Interaction damage by 25.00%.
[3/5] Heavy Throw: Increase Thrown Environmental Interaction damage by 50.00%.
[5/5] Fury of the Scarab: For every 25.00% of Super Meter above 25.00%, Blue Beetle gains 5.00% increases damage.

Kha-Ef-Re's Regalia
Set Bonus
[2/4] Environmental Resistance: Reduces damage taken from Environmental Interactions by 25.00%.
[3/4] Transition Resistance: Reduces damage taken from Stage Transitions by 50.00%.
[4/4] Heroic Force: 100.00% extra damage to Villains (Single Player Only).

SUPERMAN

Armor of the Yellow Sun
Set Bonus:
2/2 Quick Charge
Superman's Unchained Character Power
Cooldown is reduced by 20%

The House of El
Set Bonus:
2/3 Gain an additional 100 Health
2/3 Gain an additional 100 Defense
3/3 Activates Blue Heat Vision

Regime Regalia (credit to Slayte)
Set Bonus:
2/4 +200 Strength
4/4 Rage: +10% damage -10% defense

Last Son of Krypton (credit to pock3tmonstr)
Set Bonus
[3/5] Heroic Force: 100% extra damage to Villains (Single Player Only)
[5/5] Damage Shield: 10.00% chance to gain a Shield that reduces damage by 50.00% when hit

SUPERGIRL

Alura's Guardian (credit to ArgyleReptile)
[3/5] Bonus Health: +150
[3/5] Bonus Defense: Defense +300
[5/5] Hangtime: Super Hover last 2 more seconds.

Sunlight Armor (credit to pock3tmonstr)
Set Bonus
[4/4] Yellow Sun: Supergirl starts the match with one bar of Super Meter.

Top Bottom