• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

Atrocitus is awesome to play as. I don't know much about the character but I love playing as him. Punch walks, man.

I wish the default was competitive mode. I don't like that my opponent has to agree to play without gear buffs. I think it should be the opposite.

delSai

Atrocitus is awesome to play as. I don't know much about the character but I love playing as him. Punch walks, man.

I wish the default was competitive mode. I don't like that my opponent has to agree to play without gear buffs. I think it should be the opposite.

Ranked will be Competitive Mode only. Your character will still look the way you made him look though.

Spinky

The visuals of this game are pretty impressive. I'll finally be able to show people a DC fighting game without being embarrassed by the character models. Feelsgoodman.

38VgIpb.png

Lol this guy....
He's not even trying to hide it
Boon is just straight raw trolling here, he obviously knows what the result would be haha

Magwik

Banned
At this point I am convinced that I forgot to sign up on the link for the beta even though I was the one who sent it to my friends and got theirs on the first wave.

I REALLY hope we don't have another MKX situation and he wins damn near every tournament. That shit will make the competitive scene die faster than Evo's MKX donation drive lol.
But you can't really hate on that.

Yeah it makes Tourneys boring but he's just that good and anytime he does get knocked off or even nearly there dies be bluebalks released of hype

sinkfla87

But you can't really hate on that.

Yeah it makes Tourneys boring but he's just that good and anytime he does get knocked off or even nearly there dies be bluebalks released of hype

Yeah, that's true. I just want more of those hype moments like you mentioned to happen in IJ2. I remember the match where KDZ beat him at Winter Brawl and that shit was insanely hype. Or in MKX where GGA DIZZY beat him with raiden.

EDIT: I want to level up and beat him lol. You heard it here first, I will challenge the young lad.

Compbros

I REALLY hope we don't have another MKX situation and he wins damn near every tournament. That shit will make the competitive scene die faster than Evo's MKX donation drive lol.

Disagree, the scene continues on the same path no matter who's winning. IGAU didn't die any quicker or slower thanks to KDZ/Fox winning. MKX didn't die any quicker or slower thanks to SonicFox/Dragon/Scar winning. The scene is the scene and will remain such.

sinkfla87

Disagree, the scene continues on the same path no matter who's winning. IGAU didn't die any quicker or slower thanks to KDZ/Fox winning. MKX didn't die any quicker or slower thanks to SonicFox/Dragon/Scar winning. The scene is the scene and will remain such.

Yeah, I see what you're saying and that's fair. My intent really is just the desire to see new people level up and take on the best. I love a good underdog win and upset. I can't really hate on SonicFox because he's earned his victories.

Btw, I'm a dumbass and am having a hard time linking my own post lol. I've updated the ability list and will update more as we go along. Please share your unlocked abilities.

EDIT: Here it is! Let me know what you think, Ryce.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=230129829

Ryce

Nice! I have a couple of moves to add.

Superman

Meteor Drop (2 slots, replaces Supermove)
Superman flies into orbit, grabs a meteor, and smashes it onto the head of the opponent, triggering his Supermove.

Black Canary

Body Bounce
Meter Burning the Hard Lock attack now bounces the opponent for a combo.

sinkfla87

Superman

Superman flies into orbit, grabs a meteor, and smashes it onto the head of the opponent, triggering his Supermove.

Black Canary

Body Bounce

Awesome man! I updated the post to include those. Thank you! If anyone else has some abilities not listed yet, please share!

Xevren

Superman

Black Canary

Body Bounce

Wut, can you make a clip of that meteor drop? I've never seen that, sounds weird.

I've unlocked a two slot ability for Atrocitus that you don't have listed, Sinkfla. I'll post the details when I have another chance to play later tonight.

I opted for honesty and selected Australia for my location when I registered. I'm presuming, however, that codes are only being distributed to US players. I don't think I'm going to receive a code I can share here.

vg260

I got a part for BC which is a command grab move. It takes two slots. Don't recall what it's called and I won't be able to check back until later.

Awesome man! I updated the post to include those. Thank you! If anyone else has some abilities not listed yet, please share!
Black Canary

- Air Canary Cry (cost 1 slot)
Black Canary can use her Canary Cry while airborne.

Supergirl

- Kryptonian Grinder (cost 1 slot)
The Kryptonian Force Meter Burn is replaced with a grab that grinds the victim a great distance across the ground. (Replaces Kryptonian Force Meter Burn)

DrBo42

There is, but its viable now if you just want to go straight into a super. Wasn't a good idea before.
But if people are playing competitive you can't use the overhead version right? I think the added abilities are cool but who is actually going to play with gear stats on?

sinkfla87

I've unlocked a two slot ability for Atrocitus that you don't have listed, Sinkfla. I'll post the details when I have another chance to play later tonight.

Awesome, thank you!

Black Canary

Supergirl

The Kryptonian Force Meter Burn is replaced with a grab that grinds the victim a great distance across the ground. (Replaces Kryptonian Force Meter Burn)

Thanks, Felix. I'm getting to work on it now. Great contributions everyone!

EDIT: contributions have been updated in post. Now to stream on twitch and embarrass myself lol

Black Canary

Supergirl

Whoa! Air Canary Cry is sure to see some use.

I had some time to jump on Sinkfla. Here you go!

Atrocitus

- Blood Push (cost 2 slots)
A powerful shot of pure rage blasts the opponent back. Meter Burning increases range and power.

Replaces Napalm Vomit.
Requires both Ability Slots.

Thanks, Felix. I'm getting to work on it now. Great contributions everyone!

EDIT: contributions have been updated in post. Now to stream on twitch and embarrass myself lol
Not a problem. I just unlocked another Black Canary ability.

- Rising Kick (cost 1 slot)
Gain a vertical kick. Meter Burning follows up with a second airborne kick that launches the opponent up in the air for a combo.

Whoa! Air Canary Cry is sure to see some use.
For sure! It quickly became an essential part of my Canary arsenal.

Spinky

Think he just left, pretty sure that's what happens here. Kind of like when their heads exploded in mkx.
Oh.

If that's the case, they should uh, probably tell you your opponent just left.

I don't even blame him though, connection was awful.

If you want to keep an updated post for gear sets I'm happy to contribute my findings to that as well.

Batman

Plastisteel Tactical Gear
Set Bonus
[2/3] Bonus Defense: Gain an additional 100 Defense.
[3/3] Bonus Defense: Gain an additional 200 Defense.
[3/3] Kryptonian Defense System: Reduces damage from Kryptonians by 50.00% (Single Player Only).

Blue Beetle

Kha-Ef-Re's Regalia
Set Bonus
[2/4] Environmental Resistance: Reduces damage taken from Environmental Interactions by 25.00%.
[3/4] Transition Resistance: Reduces damage taken from Stage Transitions by 50.00%.
[4/4] Heroic Force: 100.00% extra damage to Villains (Single Player Only).

sinkfla87

I had some time to jump on Sinkfla. Here you go!

Atrocitus

- Blood Push (cost 2 slots)
A powerful shot of pure rage blasts the opponent back. Meter Burning increases range and power.

Replaces Napalm Vomit.
Requires both Ability Slots.

Awesome, I'll add this too! Thank you. And your gear set idea is great, should I put it in the same post and just retitle it? I just got destroyed by a guy online playing black canary, holy fuck at some of her combos lol. I learned something new today.

Awesome, I'll add this too! Thank you. And your gear set idea is great, should I put it in the same post and just retitle it? I just got destroyed by a guy online playing black canary, holy fuck at some of her combos lol. I learned something new today.

I definitely think you should add it to the same post with a new title to keep the information together.

Black Canary has a number of frightening combos.

But if people are playing competitive you can't use the overhead version right? I think the added abilities are cool but who is actually going to play with gear stats on?

I think some organizers will play with the idea of gear and abilities being turned on, but yes, it's mainly going to be for casual play. Still cool.

Top Bottom