• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

Slaythe

Caught up on the thread, you can change Canarys hair? Thats really cool. Hope Harley, Aquaman and well, pretty much every other character that shows their hair have that option.

Superman stuck with Henry Cavill's hairline is secretly crying right now.

It's good to have him back on the prequel comics. As you guys can tell, I'm a bit of a Tom Taylor fan (I'm enjoying his run on All-New Wolverine, where Tom's basically allowed to do whatever he wants).

I'm a big fan too. He's a fantastic character writer. It was a shame to see him step down from the Injustice series.

Caught up on the thread, you can change Canarys hair? Thats really cool. Hope Harley, Aquaman and well, pretty much every other character that shows their hair have that option.

I don't imagine we'll be able to customise Aquaman's hair, but I agree with you nonetheless. I could see Poison Ivy having the option.

Has Wonder Woman's hair been shown to be customisable alongside her tiara?

Slaythe

Some caps.

2d13ff2cf72255692e3b16b0a9fbbe0f.png

HO8iFqs.jpg

sqpz9aG.jpg

4vskIm5.jpg

ua2thw9.jpg

eCfLRyX.jpg

873a34ddca777f5e97fc169917e5225a.png

delSai

I don't imagine we'll be able to customise Aquaman's hair, but I agree with you nonetheless. I could see Poison Ivy having the option.

Has Wonder Woman's hair been shown to be customisable alongside her tiara?

But i want long hair/beard Aquaman :( Posion Ivy should definitely have it. Would be weird if she doesn't. But anyway it's cool that you can change hair and not just put helmets or whatever on their heads.

And i don't think we've seen WW or Harley with different hair, but maybe they just weren't part of the 3-4 gear sets they showed off in trailers.

But i want long hair/beard Aquaman :( Posion Ivy should definitely have it. Would be weird if she doesn't. But anyway it's cool that you can change hair and not just put helmets or whatever on their heads.

And i don't think we've seen WW or Harley with different hair, but maybe they just weren't part of the 3-4 gear sets they showed off in trailers.

I completely forgot about long hair/beard Aquaman. It definitely needs to be an option. It'd be incomplete without the hook though...

Slaythe

My combos don't work at all.

Like the special moves don't come out.

How come ?

BTW : There IS battle damage.

More like battle dust, but it's in :p .

Slaythe

They need to add an option for battles with no stats boost but the abilities are kept.

Or hell, just make sure the new abilities are balanced and allow them for tournament.

I understand why "+8100 defense" is garbage for a fighting game and I highly respect the competitive mode, but the abilities should stay no matter what.

I feel like it's fun to be able to design your character the way you like it. But it's not worth the price to pay (fighting with stats).

Khezu

They need to add an option for battles with no stats boost but the abilities are kept.

Or hell, just make sure the new abilities are balanced and allow them for tournament.

I understand why "+8100 defense" is garbage for a fighting game and I highly respect the competitive mode, but the abilities should stay no matter what.

I feel like it's fun to be able to design your character the way you like it. But it's not worth the price to pay (fighting with stats).

I have said on TYM already, but I don't think it's a good idea at all.
There is just too much.

It would make tournament logistics annoying, and it would suck for matchups, you would never know what you are getting into, some of those abilities are really good and game changers, 30 characters each with 10ish alternative abilities is too much.

Slaythe

I have said on TYM already, but I don't think it's a good idea at all.
There is just too much.

It would make tournament logistics annoying, and it would suck for matchups, you would never know what you are getting into, some of those abilities are really good and game changers, 30 characters each with 10ish alternative abilities is too much.

Make it 5 abilities.

Wouldn't be worse than variations in MKX from the same developer.

sinkfla87

Wow.

Somebody incredibly nice gave me a code.

YES!!! I'm happy for you, Slaythe. Same goes to Ryce. Makes me feel better because sure enough my fiancee didn't get a code from wave 4 :(. I'm going to try to make a post later about everyones abilities, been tied up with work.

EDIT: I did make an Injustice GAF community on PSN if you're interested!

Compbros

Abilities would be terrible for tournament play, unlike variations it gives characters their entire moveset plus more. Sure, some alter the moves like Supes losing dive bomb but you have things like Batman's bats being put in the opponent and canary getting an air canary scream. No thanks.

I actually enjoy the ability system more so than the variations implemented in MKX. It lends itself better to the character customisation. So long as there is a wealth of abilities to unlock, you can truly make your own version of each character. I have an ability for Atrocitus that replaces his blood vomit with a push back, however, it takes up both ability slots. I have found it extremely effective, but I'm sure many people would prefer the blood vomit. I guess that's not a strong argument in favour of customisable abilities versus variations, but the success of the former is going to hinge on the number of abilities each character can unlock and the level of change each ability brings to a play style.

sinkfla87

They can be blocked now, and they're telegraphed a mile away. If you get the chance the damage is worth it, but it's riskier now.

If you can end a combo with it, then go for it but it's like you said. Whenever I see people slowly inching back to the kegs in the bar stage I start laughing my ass off.

vg260

Black Canary is much cooler than I thought she would be. I've only tried her in the Beta so far, and I haven't been tempted to try another character yet. Her model looks great too. Hopefully they put the NR face issue to rest with the rest of the cast too.

sinkfla87

It's awesome so many people got into the beta today. I see the salt at reddit is still super high about not getting codes.

Yeah I'm happy about it too. Slaythe, Ryce and 2n2 appear to all be in. I was actually offering to buy a bundle of codes from that dude that sold me mine on Reddit so I could do another giveaway haha.

I'm always asleep at the time of these code giveaways.

Well, that's okay. Grodd's still not in the beta, and that's the only thing that will really make me hunt down a code. If he's added during the last week...then, I don't think I'll want a code.

Slaythe

How much does a code run anyway?

50 bucks on ps4 ...

Which seems crazy but keep in mind some people virtually don't work and get like 5000+ bucks a month just through shares and whatnot so that kind of money is nothing to them.

And those codes are very limited...

50 bucks on ps4 ...

Which seems crazy but keep in mind some people virtually don't work and get like 5000+ bucks a month just through shares and whatnot so that kind of money is nothing to them.

And those codes are very limited...

Damn I saw people selling wave one codes for 10-20 dollars the first week people got Black Canary fever.

Xevren

Holy shit at 50 bucks haha. That's insane. My fiancee bought mine for 15 as a birthday gift. Even at 15 I was kind of dissuading her from purchasing, but 50?!!!

I've been seeing them go for 60 often, hell in any twitch chat for injustice 2 those shitheads are always in their trying to sell multiple codes.

I know the final roster hasn't been announced but I'm looking forward to the discussion and speculation following the launch, about the DLC characters. I preordered the Ultimate edition for Batwoman
(pls don't let me down NRS)
, John Stewart and Power Girl though.

Top Bottom