• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

I'm trying to learn some stuff with Black Canary but Jesus, everyone online right now is acting like they're at fucking Evo lol. I created a GAF Injustice community on PSN, if you'd be so kind as to join post your gamertags here!! I sent you a friend request, too btw pocket!

I accepted your request. I've had a few disconnects where the match has been disynchronised as opposed to just ejecting me back to the menu due to low ping. Does that mean people have been intentionally disconnecting, or is it just general server errors? Most of the times this has happened has been when I've been about to beat someone, using a super.

I've also encountered a few hardcore players who just annihilated me when I was checking the move list, but it doesn't bother me.

I just played some Black Canary she's pretty good I'm no good at parrying though so I won't play her much. Canary Cry is pretty good though it can interrupt Supergirls punch walk eye beam.

sinkfla87

I was able to get a bit of practice time in with Canary right after the update, but now it's back to just being completely rammed. lmao

Requested to join the community. I'm DJEverlasting.

Hey, thank you so much for joining. The community page probably looks like shit but it's a work in progress lol. I love Canary's F2 hip toss.

I just played some Black Canary she's pretty good I'm no good at parrying though so I won't play her much. Canary Cry is pretty good though it can interrupt Supergirls punch walk eye beam.

I haven't been able to consistently parry with Black Canary, but in my limited success, her low parry has proven extremely effective. Canary Cry at full power is also amazing. Its full screen range has shut down many opponents. I'm extremely happy with Black Canary.

AdaWong

"What fuels your anger?"
"Being a woman in a man's world."

Dinah is coming to end misogynists, one player at a time.

I'm trying to learn some stuff with Black Canary but Jesus, everyone online right now is acting like they're at fucking Evo lol. I created a GAF Injustice community on PSN, if you'd be so kind as to join post your gamertags here!! I sent you a friend request, too btw pocket!

Requested to join the community as well! Great idea!

sinkfla87

I haven't been able to consistently parry with Black Canary, but in my limited success, her low parry has proven extremely effective. Canary Cry at full power is also amazing. Its full screen range has shut down many opponents. I'm extremely happy with Black Canary.

When she got revealed I was kind of disappointed with her play style, but now that I've gotten a few matches in I can say holy shit, she is a TON of fun. Little tip for using the parries: if you're fighting someone who is quick to counter after you do a combo string, you can cancel her strings into a parry. Don't abuse it though because good players will pick up on it fast.

When she got revealed I was kind of disappointed with her play style, but now that I've gotten a few matches in I can say holy shit, she is a TON of fun. Little tip for using the parries: if you're fighting someone who is quick to counter after you do a combo string, you can cancel her strings into a parry. Don't abuse it though because good players will pick up on it fast.

Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a go next time I'm online. I don't think the reveal trailer sold her well, but after some hands-on time with the beta, I could see her becoming a favourite of many players.

Wait, that Blue Beetle piece that gives you extra damage vs villains in single player. Does this mean you can have your gear in story mode? Maybe cutscenes are in-engine with gear showing?

Wait, that Blue Beetle piece that gives you extra damage vs villains in single player. Does this mean you can have your gear in story mode? Maybe cutscenes are in-engine with gear showing?

It definitely states the gear bonus applies to Super-Villains in single-player only. It could simply mean that the effects of gear are applied, however, the appearance remains the default model.

Even hearing the voice for years now(Young Justice Canary, bad Batwoman in BATB, Hera in Star Wars Rebels) I still can't believe Canary's actress was Olga Gurlukovich in MGS2.

sinkfla87

I'm never gonna try this, am I ?

:(

I'm sorry, Slay :(. When I posted the trivia question and didn't see you answer I was rooting for you and hoping you got a code from wave 4. Don't lose hope yet because my fiancee might have a code in her spam folder. I guess her iPhone automatically sends unfamiliar mail to a spam folder for 24 hours before she can check it (never heard of such a thing lol).

Slaythe

I'm sorry, Slay :(. When I posted the trivia question and didn't see you answer I was rooting for you and hoping you got a code from wave 4. Don't lose hope yet because my fiancee might have a code in her spam folder. I guess her iPhone automatically sends unfamiliar mail to a spam folder for 24 hours before she can check it (never heard of such a thing lol).

Timezones man !

It's ok I am not sad about your giveaway, at least somebody that wanted it got it.

I know many people that tried the game 5 minutes and never bothered again... :/

The only thing I'm mad about is the last reddit debacle. Shit was shameful.

Thanks for your PRAYERS though.

Timezones man !

It's ok I am not sad about your giveaway, at least somebody that wanted it got it.

I know many people that tried the game 5 minutes and never bothered again... :/

The only thing I'm mad about is the last reddit debacle. Shit was shameful.

Thanks for your PRAYERS though.

I registered for a code Slay, so if one shows up in my inbox, I'll be sure to give it away here. Hopefully giving you another shot if you don't receive one of your own. I understand fighters aren't for everyone, but I'm not sure how someone could play this for only five minutes and not pick it up again. Collecting gear and customising characters is addictive.

iBlue

Is it me or the move list is not complete? I see people do a lot of crazy moves that aren't in the move list.

I am new to injustice

Slaythe

I registered for a code Slay, so if one shows up in my inbox, I'll be sure to give it away here. Hopefully giving you another shot if you don't receive one of your own. I understand fighters aren't for everyone, but I'm not sure how someone could play this for only five minutes and not pick it up again. Collecting gear and customising characters is addictive.

Because

1) the beta had disconnects issues

2) very slow matchmaking for some people

3) people that never bothered with Injustice 1 get perfected and destroyed to oblivion which I guess makes them resent the game

4) they have no idea how to do combos because of the weird input system

5) they face shitty Supermans that just do the same combo forever and think the game is bad

:p

I'm a ps4 pleb btw.

Because

3) people that never bothered with Injustice 1 get perfected and destroyed to oblivion which I guess makes them resent the game

5) they face shitty Supermans that just do the same combo forever and think the game is bad

I'm a ps4 pleb btw.

Valid points, especially the slow match making, but the player base is likely very small.

I registered for the PS4 version. ;)

I love her Meter Burn Frost Breath and Walking Heat Vision. She's also sassy; her pre-fight and clash dialogue (especially with Atrocitus, the "big baby") is hilarious.

I love her flip kick people never see that coming her frost breath is also really good and her eye beam just looks so damn cool. I had a funny moment with Atrocitus the other day I managed to KO someone with a Dexstar punch combo it was hilarious seeing Batman getting knocked out by an evil cat.

I love her flip kick people never see that coming her frost breath is also really good and her eye beam just looks so damn cool. I had a funny moment with Atrocitus the other day I managed to KO someone with a Dexstar punch combo it was hilarious seeing Batman getting knocked out by an evil cat.

Hahaha. The flip kick is so weird, but yes, it seems to take many people by surprise. I discovered Dexstarr's shield ability earlier tonight. The Black Canary I was fighting didn't know what was going on and started to panic.

Hahaha. The flip kick is so weird, but yes, it seems to take many people by surprise. I discovered Dexstar's shield ability earlier tonight. The Black Canary I was fighting didn't know what was going on and started to panic.

Her teleport punch is really good against blue beetle if they decide to fly and show off. What does that shield do anyway?

sinkfla87

Because

I'm a ps4 pleb btw.

Yeah, it's that kind of stuff that kills me. Like I said earlier, one of my best friends wanted a code but I know he'd boot the game up and only play it one time lol. Because of that I wanted to make sure at least someone who is legitimately interested got a code on here. If I get another code, I'll give a 24 hour warning instead to compensate for time zones.

Btw, 5) is hilarious haha. I don't see enough F2 D1 combos, those are fun.

Spinky

pock3tmonster, I think we've actually been friends on PSN for ages and I only just realised.

Mind is blown right now. We must've played on the first Injustice or MKX or something, back when I was living in NZ.

I registered on day 1, but I have terrible luck with these things.

Oh yeah, I'm still loving Rebirth, to the point I wish Jessica Cruz was the GL in this game and not boring ass Hal.

Hopefully you'll receive a code, I know how much you love DC.

Jessica Cruz is my favourite Lantern after Rayner. She'd make a great Premier Skin alongside John Stewart. Have you dropped any books thus far?

tim1138

Hopefully you'll receive a code, I know how much you love DC.

Jessica Cruz is my favourite Lantern after Rayner. She'd make a great Premier Skin alongside John Stewart. Have you dropped any books thus far?

I've dropped the bulk of the double shipped books that I was reading, but that had to do with cost more than quality. Pretty much everything I don't pull monthly I'm reading in trade.

pock3tmonster, I think we've actually been friends on PSN for ages and I only just realised.

Mind is blown right now. We must've played on the first Injustice or MKX or something, back when I was living in NZ.

I thought as much too. I tried to add you but realised you were already on my friend list. I vaguely remember playing Injustice with you, possibly MKX too, the first time around. I look forward to sparring with you again, man. You said you're in the UK now, right?

I've dropped the bulk of the double shipped books that I was reading, but that had to do with cost more than quality. Pretty much everything I don't pull monthly I'm reading in trade.

I totally understand. I need to catch up on so many books, especially Green Lanterns. I was made redundant at work over Christmas. Money has been tight to say the least and I had to drop everything until I find more work. Have you bought the new Rebirth trade? I'm curious about the quality.

Spinky

I thought as much too. I tried to add you but realised you were already on my friend list. I vaguely remember playing Injustice with you, possibly MKX too, the first time around. I look forward to sparring with you again, man. You said you're in the UK now, right?

Yeah thanks, you too. I'm in England now, yeah. Not sure how the connection but would be but I just had a set with a guy in Montana and it was pretty playable.

How bad are rage quiters on PS4? On Xbone they seem to be popping up alot lately.

I encountered a few this afternoon on the PS4. How can you tell for sure though? Is a "server desynchronisation" =/= rage quitting? I ask because I've seen that error pop up a few times whenever I've ended a fight with a super move. Tonight, however, the matchmaking has been great. No server disconnects or rage quitters.

I encountered a few this afternoon on the PS4. How can you tell for sure though? Is a "server desynchronisation" =/= rage quitting? I ask because I've seen that error pop up a few times whenever I've ended a fight with a super move. Tonight, however, the matchmaking has been great. No server disconnects or rage quitters.

Getting dced isnt rage quitting rage quitting is where someone leaves the second they find out they won't win or have a chance at losing. I was getting alot of lag today on the beta but hardly any last week when I was playing alot.

Getting dced isnt rage quitting rage quitting is where someone leaves the second they find out they won't win or have a chance at losing. I was getting alot of lag today on the beta but hardly any last week when I was playing alot.

Oh sorry, I wasn't clear. I know what rage quitting is. I've just only encountered that error whenever I've finished a match with a super, that was obviously going to lead to me winning the fight, especially against someone with a high win ratio. I just assumed it to be less a problem with the server and more someone pulling the plug on their PS4 or whatever, to avoid taking the L. Of course it could be a weird coincidence.

Oh sorry, I wasn't clear. I know what rage quitting is. I've just only encountered that error whenever I've finished a match with a super, that was obviously going to lead to me winning the fight, especially against someone with a high win ratio. I just assumed it to be less a problem with the server and more someone pulling the plug on their PS4 or whatever, to avoid taking the L. Of course it could be a weird coincidence.

It's weird how protective people are of their win ratio in a beta. That sounds like rage quitting to me the time the server killed my game it froze for a few seconds and then said session lost.

It's weird how protective people are of their win ratio in a beta. That sounds like rage quitting to me the time the server killed my game it froze for a few seconds and then said session lost.

I know what you mean. I've spent the first part and later parts of many matches in the move list learning about the characters, in spite of knowing it's going to likely lead to a loss. The win/loss ratio is going to be wiped at the end of the beta, it's silly to put so much importance on it that you're willing to "ragequit".

Spinky

Guy I faced just spent an entire set bitching over the mic before quitting and saying he wasn't gonna rematch if I kept zoning him out.

Video games.

Spinky

I mained Batgirl on I1, one of my favourite memories was the guy saying at the select screen, "OK, I'll let you pick her, but don't spam the move."

We play, I teleport like twice and he ragequits.

I don't understand people who play fighting games with mics on, just stop. There is zero need for it and all it does is distract other player.

Top Bottom