• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

Congratulations :). If my fiancee has a code I'll do another giveaway, it might have gone to her junk mail. Please don't hate me, I'm sorry to those who didn't answer in time :(.

Thanks man! I can't stress how much I appreciate it. If a code ever shows up in my inbox, I'll be sure to pay it forward guys and give it away here.

Xevren

Congratulations :). If my fiancee has a code I'll do another giveaway, it might have gone to her junk mail. Please don't hate me, I'm sorry to those who didn't answer in time :(.

Why would anyone hate you? You're awesome for doing a giveaway here at all <3

Spinky

It's a missed opportunity if one of BC's shaders isn't called "Pretty Bird". The yellow/blue one looks like it should be.

Hell, maybe it is called that, I didn't actually look.

sinkfla87

Why would anyone hate you? You're awesome for doing a giveaway here at all <3

Thank you :). That makes me feel a little better because believe me, I wish I had enough for everyone in here :(. And 2n2, hopefully I'll be able to give another one out if my fiancee has it in her spam folder.

Tace

Downloading now... Black Canary is my first pick.

Yes! I really need to know what all she can do. I'm really interested in her backflip and frontflip 50/50 mixups.

Look for a two hit kick combo. It ends with her bringing her leg down on her poor opponent's head. From what I've seen, you can combo that directly into super

sinkfla87

If anyone wants to play with me at some point, feel free to add me. My PSN ID is "pock3tmonstr". I'd love to practice with some Gaffers.

Consider it done! I want to get paired with people in here for once so we can actually practice.

Is there a list of the unlockable abilities that people have found in the beta so far?

I think someone listed all of Batman's on TYM but I might work on a list for everybody else here.

Ryce

I think someone listed all of Batman's on TYM but I might work on a list for everybody else here.
That would be awesome. Have you noticed any completely new moves besides the Canary Bomb, or are they all just modified versions of existing attacks?

Spinky

I'd say "add me" but I'm in the UK, so I don't know how good the connection will be.

Either way I just faced an amazing Canary player, and Christ is that character insanely annoying to fight in the right hands. Endless combos and ridiculous pressure, what the hell.

I'd say "add me" but I'm in the UK, so I don't know how good the connection will be.

Either way I just faced an amazing Canary player, and Christ is that character insanely annoying to fight in the right hands. Endless combos and ridiculous pressure, what the hell.

I'm in Australia, but I'll add you just the same. I'm still waiting for the download to finish though...

sinkfla87

That would be awesome. Have you noticed any completely new moves besides the Canary Bomb, or are they all just modified versions of existing attacks?

I haven't had enough time yet to fully try her out yet :(. I'll definitely have more time later tonight to play and hopefully unlock some new abilities. Should I just make a single post and update it as I find more abilities? I can say now there's a slow moving projectile ability for Blue Beetle that takes both ability slots but man is it ass hahaha. With his standard plasma shots you can zone quite effectively so I don't know why they would even include an ability that grants that at the removal of his best zoning utility.

I haven't had enough time yet to fully try her out yet :(. I'll definitely have more time later tonight to play and hopefully unlock some new abilities. Should I just make a single post and update it as I find more abilities? I can say now there's a slow moving projectile ability for Blue Beetle that takes both ability slots but man is it ass hahaha. With his standard plasma shots you can zone quite effectively so I don't know why they would even include an ability that grants that at the removal of his best zoning utility.

Is the projectile comparable to Harley's Pop Pop? Slower but stronger?

sinkfla87

Is the projectile comparable to Harley's Pop Pop? Slower but stronger?

I would compare it more to Reptile's EX slow slime ball in MKX but without the juggle property. I could be wrong on the juggle thing and I'll check it out tonight but I'm pretty sure it just does a HKD. And I'm fairly certain it's even slower haha. I think you could use it to trick your opponent into jumping, granting you an air plasma shot but the start up is so slow they have ample time to get in on you. Another Beetle player went invisible on me in a match and beat my ass lol. I'll get to work on the post tonight, Ryce.

Tace

If anyone wants to play with me at some point, feel free to add me. My PSN ID is "pock3tmonstr". I'd love to practice with some Gaffers.

Done. Tre_aka_Dinkel. I have the chibi Ken icon. When I do get a chance to play, I definitely want to play with you guys

ryan13ts

If anyone has an extra Xbox one or PS4 code, I'd literally marry you to get it. I want to try this game so bad.

Also, wasn't there talk about adding grodd?

I've played a few matches with Black Canary and she is so much fun. After earning only a few pieces of gear, she already looks drastically different to the default model:

C4R1_14VUAEkcFj.jpg:large

My partner's brother managed to score a piece of Epic gear for Blue Beetle after his first match. It's part of a set of four pieces and gives a number of bonuses for owning additional parts, including 25% reduced damage from environmental attacks, 50% reduced damage from stage transitions and 100% additional damage against Super-Villains (single-player only).

I've played a few matches with Black Canary and she is so much fun. After earning only a few pieces of gear, she already looks drastically different to the default model:

My partner's brother managed to score a piece of Epic gear for Blue Beetle after his first match. It's part of a set of four pieces and gives a number of bonuses for owning additional parts, including 25% reduced damage from environmental attacks, 50% reduced damage from stage transitions and 100% additional damage against Super-Villains (single-player only).

When did she become playable and where's Grodd, he was among the first to be announced and he's not in the beta?

When did she become playable and where's Grodd, he was among the first to be announced and he's not in the beta?

Black Canary got playable as of today in the online beta.

Regarding Grodd, yeah he was among the characters shown during the initial reveal of Injustice 2. The online beta currently has six characters in it, four of which are brand new(Supergirl, Atrocitus, Blue Beetle and Black Canary). I would have preferred Grodd to be added, but Black Canary is also new, so I think that's acceptable.

I don't know when this online beta is set to end, but I've got a feeling that Black Canary might be the last character added to it.

sinkfla87

I'm trying to learn some stuff with Black Canary but Jesus, everyone online right now is acting like they're at fucking Evo lol. I created a GAF Injustice community on PSN, if you'd be so kind as to join post your gamertags here!! I sent you a friend request, too btw pocket!

I'm trying to learn some stuff with Black Canary but Jesus, everyone online right now is acting like they're at fucking Evo lol. I created a GAF Injustice community on PSN, if you'd be so kind as to join post your gamertags here!! I sent you a friend request, too btw pocket!

Fighting games are serious business, my dude.

What I hope the roster ends up being:

1. Superman
2. Batman
3. Wonder Woman
4. Flash
5. Aquaman
6. Green Lantern
7. Grodd
8. Harley Quinn
9. Deadshot
10. Supergirl
11. Blue Beetle
12. Atroticus
13. Robin
14. Black Canary
15. Braniac
16. Darkseid
17. Poison Ivy
18. Static
19. Clayface
20. Martian Manhunter
21. Dr. Fate
22. Killer Frost
23. Starfire
24. Question
25. Red Tornado
26. Etrigan

I was able to get a bit of practice time in with Canary right after the update, but now it's back to just being completely rammed. lmao

Requested to join the community. I'm DJEverlasting.

Top Bottom