• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

vg260

Guy I faced just spent an entire set bitching over the mic before quitting and saying he wasn't gonna rematch if I kept zoning him out.

Video games.

and these are the people that get beta codes :(

I never play with voice on unless it's someone I know.

I mained Batgirl on I1, one of my favourite memories was the guy saying at the select screen, "OK, I'll let you pick her, but don't spam the move."

We play, I teleport like twice and he ragequits.

I don't understand people who play fighting games with mics on, just stop. There is zero need for it and all it does is distract other player.

I have fond memories of Sinestro. Punishing people with Final Shackles and following up with Meter Burn Impact Event resulted in so much hate mail over PSN.

Neoxon

So the intro interactions for Black Canary vs. Superman directly reference the Injustice comics. I wonder if we'll get an explanation as to why Barbara's apparently bound to a wheelchair, again (she was Oracle, then became Batgirl again for Injustice 1, & is now apparently Oracle again in Injustice 2).

Kreim

Neo Member
I'm kind of amazed in the beta how good some people are. Like the instant canary dropped some people seemed to get optimal combos beamed directly into their brain.

I'm over here like "what was that string again? 1-1.... oh yeah then 3!"

I'm kind of amazed in the beta how good some people are. Like the instant canary dropped some people seemed to get optimal combos beamed directly into their brain.

I'm over here like "what was that string again? 1-1.... oh yeah then 3!"
People learn at different paces, some just have an easier time of pefecting muscle memory than others. That alone doesn't indicate skill IMO.

giphy.gif

Slaythe

I don't get how I failed this.

I kept refreshing and the ps4 codes were outside of my window for some reason unlike the xbox one.

Guess that's a sign.

So the intro interactions for Black Canary vs. Superman directly reference the Injustice comics. I wonder if we'll get an explanation as to why Barbara's apparently bound to a wheelchair, again (she was Oracle, then became Batgirl again for Injustice 1, & is now apparently Oracle again in Injustice 2).

I guess the DLC characters' appearances weren't "canon," especially given their consistency thus far in regards to the events of the comics.

Glad to see more people in here are getting into the beta!

Blue Beetle has to be the most pesky character in the beta so far. Those quick succession stabs keep getting me locked up in a corner, and I keep going to screech to distance myself but my timing is still a bit off

Starting to build up a pretty good guild loadout for Canary. That Air Canary Cry ability is really helpful, I hope I'll manage to get it early on in the full game once the gear loot pool is much larger.

vg260

Anyone in this beta also in the PS4 firmware beta? I am doing the PS4 firmware beta now, and the Boost Mode helps a little bit with loading times in some games. I was curious if that has any noticeable effect on this beta.

Compbros

Anyone in this beta also in the PS4 firmware beta? I am doing the PS4 firmware beta now, and the Boost Mode helps a little bit with loading times in some games. I was curious if that has any noticeable effect on this beta.

I am but on base PS4.

Neoxon

I guess the DLC characters' appearances weren't "canon," especially given their consistency thus far in regards to the events of the comics.
I'm legitimately surprised how closely they're following the comics in terms of the continuity found in Injustice 2. It makes me wonder if Tom Taylor was a consultant for the game's story (or even better, if he's the main writer). I get that Tom Taylor didn't do all of the prelude comics, but he got the ball rolling & hit it out of the park.

I'm legitimately surprised how closely they're following the comics in terms of the continuity found in Injustice 2. It makes me wonder if Tom Taylor was a consultant for the game's story (or even better, if he's the main writer). I get that Tom Taylor didn't do all of the prelude comics, but he got the ball rolling & hit it out of the park.
I posted some tweets of him right before Canary got added. He had just sent over the script for a issue IIRC and the Injustice 2 team sent him back messages like "You monster!", "Don't play god! :p" etc. They're throwing ideas between each other.

Neoxon

I posted some tweets of him right before Canary got added. He had just sent over the script for a issue IIRC and the Injustice 2 team sent him back messages like "You monster!", "Don't play god! :p" etc. They're throwing ideas between each other.
Oh, neat!

Also, I just realized that the DLC characters could be from Earth-1 rather than the Regime Earth, which is the Earth of the Injustice comics as well as Injustice 2. But didn't Barbara become Batgirl again in the Injustice comics (it's been years since I read the series)?

Tom Taylor had to be involved in a more hands-on capacity with the first game, the writing is too consistent for him not to have been directly involved. I'd imagine Tom's successors were following a roadmap after his departure from the series. I'm looking forward to the new prequel series even more now, given the number of references we know of to the first series.

Neoxon

Tom Taylor had to be involved in a more hands-on capacity with the first game, the writing is too consistent for him not to have been directly involved. I'd imagine Tom's successors were following a roadmap after his departure from the series. I'm looking forward to the new prequel series even more now, given the number of references we know of to the first series.
It's good to have him back on the prequel comics. As you guys can tell, I'm a bit of a Tom Taylor fan (I'm enjoying his run on All-New Wolverine, where Tom's basically allowed to do whatever he wants).

Neoxon

Have you picked up his JL/PR mini series?
Not yet, but I've been told that it's better than one would expect from the concept. I didn't even know that Tom Taylor was doing that mini-series, so now I have to check it out knowing that Tom's behind it.

delSai

Caught up on the thread, you can change Canarys hair? Thats really cool. Hope Harley, Aquaman and well, pretty much every other character that shows their hair have that option.

Top Bottom