• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT| Stamina is Ki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baliis

Story spoilers regarding a certain character towards the end:

Couldn't help but laugh when Nobunaga gave zero fucks about partaking in the end of the world and fucked off. I love video game Nobunaga. Naturally had to change my character to him.

I did the exact same thing.

In order to soul match and pass on an ability from one weapon to another do both weapons need to be max familiarity? I thought it was just the one with the ability you want to pass on but last night it said it wouldn't work so maybe it's both.

Deku Tree

How do I coop a twilight mission with someone? I don't see any option to choose the twilight missions. Does one of us have to beat it first like in the regular game?

I think one or both of you may have to beat it. But I am not 100% sure.

The best option for doing co-op with a friend for a whole mission is the "Yokai realm with companion" one where you get a few deaths.

dubq

Do people have to also be specifically tied to a sub mission for support in order for me to summon them? I've been trying to get someone for about 45min and I find it hard to believe that no one else is out there playing this game in a support role..

Izuna

Banned
Do people have to also be specifically tied to a sub mission for support in order for me to summon them? I've been trying to get someone for about 45min and I find it hard to believe that no one else is out there playing this game in a support role..

Well, they'd have to actually beat it themselves

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Nice. I've been doing all the side missions and was worried I'd burn myself out a little given how much I've played over the past week. But it sounds like I'm near the end. It's a shame they repeat some of the submission maps, but hot damn I like the design of the graveyard, shrine and shipwreck. So... I'll allow it.

I've been one shotting some of these region 3-5 bosses, but this current boss is a bit of a roadblock, which actually feels nice.

SephiZack

It's just that there are a lot more people summoning that visiting. I've been visiting other players for hours and it always takes me one second to find a match

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I should try helping others, I completely forgot. What item do I need to be summoned in? Can I only be summoned in to level appropriate maps?

SephiZack

I should try helping others, I completely forgot. What item do I need to be summoned in? Can I only be summoned in to level appropriate maps?

You don't need any item, just select starting point, torii gate and then random encounters. You can be summoned to any mission that you completed without restrictions, even if there is like 200 level difference between you and the mission

Wagram

I really like Nioh. If it were a tad bit harder I could see liking it on par with Souls. It feels like its own thing which is nice.

Deku Tree

It's really incredible that there are no level restrictions on summoning help.

So you can summon these people who are way over leveled and they can just pulverize the whole level for you.

Carbonox

Question regarding Way of the Strong: Do I still not bother with forging, soul matching, etc. until I start getting 320 gear much later on? Until then just switch out and replace my gear with higher level stuff as I find them?

Just want to know at what point to start working on spending gold for that blacksmith trophy.

Jharp

Is it better, worse, or equivalent to keep soulmatching gear rather than forging the same gear brand new? I keep soulmatching my Warrior of the West stuff rather than farming Shiggy for the smithing text to make my own, but I can't tell if that's better or worse.

Mentok

Banned
why I love the Umi-bozu fight

hR2iPCGs9WVyw.gif
Yup!

Question about the storehouse, do items transfer to other characters? Once I finish my kusarigama/duals I want to start another run.

dubq

OK this is bizarre. So I was at the shrine in this sub mission, looking for a visitor. Gave up after ten min of waiting. Go to fight the boss and halfway through someone joined. Does the shrine keep looking for someone even after you leave and move on? I was under the impression you had to stay in the summon menu in order to successfully get someone in your game.

Mesharey

OK this is bizarre. So I was at the shrine in this sub mission, looking for a visitor. Gave up after ten min of waiting. Go to fight the boss and halfway through someone joined. Does the shrine keep looking for someone even after you leave and move on? I was under the impression you had to stay in the summon menu in order to successfully get someone in your game.
It tells you it'll keep summoning when you leave the menu and walk around the stage.

Baalzebup

Is it better, worse, or equivalent to keep soulmatching gear rather than forging the same gear brand new? I keep soulmatching my Warrior of the West stuff rather than farming Shiggy for the smithing text to make my own, but I can't tell if that's better or worse.

Item level X, color Y item will always have the same base stats, no matter how you arrived there. The only reason not to repeatedly Soul Match shit is the steep increase in costs with repeated use. Eventually you'll have to either forge that shit or get higher level
versions from revenants, as just soul matching Muneshiges drops will eventually get way too expensive even if you farm a new set from him. The increased level difference and the price tag that comes with it will become an issue.
Question regarding Way of the Strong: Do I still not bother with forging, soul matching, etc. until I start getting 320 gear much later on? Until then just switch out and replace my gear with higher level stuff as I find them?

Just want to know at what point to start working on spending gold for that blacksmith trophy.
Jesus, you shouldn't have avoided those in the first place. They money "saved" from not using them is a pittance in the ocean of money you'll be spending with fucking around with the divine items and the income you can accrue by revenant farming skyrockets once divine drops become available.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I use soul matching every now and then to "upgrade" some of my favoured pieces to higher levels. Sometimes I'll use a really nice light piece of armour, and all the newer pieces are heavier and barely have better defense (sometimes, not even) and/or less cool attributes, so to make my, say, nice level 50 light armour better I'll soul match it to a level 60 piece I just found and pump its defense a bit more.

Do the same with my dual kats. I rarely find really good dual kats, right now I'm using a fire one that's really nice, and the higher level ones I find are all yellow with 1 or 2 mediocre attributes, so I soulmatch my fire kats to them to buff them up.

It's not too expensive if you do it like that. But yeah if you want to soul match the Warrior of the West bow, LOL. Not worth it especially since bow damage isn't that useful, just gotta go for headshots.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Wow, this entire time I thought I had to stop the offering to move on. Whew..

Nah. That just revokes the call for help, I believe.
If you're waiting for help to arrive, say for a boss, maybe; it'd be courteous to clear the path between your shrine and the boss room of mobs.

And if nothing else, that's a helluva lot more fun than sitting at a menu for 10 minutes.
:)

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
why I love the U
mi-bozu
fight

While attacks do have tracking and momentum, if you let go of the analog stick while attacking, you will NOT thrust your way right off a cliff. This may not apply to certain special attack animations, but is a reliable way to fight near pits of doom, cliffs, ledges, rooftops, etc. with standard Square and Triangle attacks.

Deku Tree

Just got to Region
Six
last night! How many main story missions are in the final region?

Is there any new area's in NG+ ? Or is it just harder versions of the same missions with better loot?

N° 2048

At work thinking about this game, lol of course, and I kind of regret co-oping a couple missions in the end of Region 5.

Co-op dude basically came in with some type of infinite spin move with the Kusarigama or Dual Swords and destroyed everything.

I've never seen that much OPness until yesterday. He literally took the boss from 3/4 health down to 0 in 10 seconds flat.

Mesharey

Can I transfer accessory with Kidama sense to something else (another accessory)?

There's no gear with Kodama sense afaik.

Deku Tree
there's also a mission after finishing the game.

N° 2048

Can I transfer accessory with Kidama sense to something else (another accessory)?

I don't think so unless it has the [] and you Soul Match but I don't think you can Soul Match accessories.

I rolled a purple Red Demon head piece with Kodama Sense last night. So it is possible.

Leezard

Deku Tree
there's also a mission after finishing the game.
You can have both Kodama sense (yellow skill) and enemy sense (purple skill) on your helmets. You can probably have other senses too, but those are the most useful ones.

Fbh

Just beat the spider lady.
Hands down the easiest boss in the game so far.

Also started playing around with spears. They are really fun to use, specially in low stance. And it helps that a player ghost dropped a pretty good one.
Still don't find them to be broken as some people have complained. We had a thread the other day where someone was calling them "one of the two only viable weapons" but personally I'm more effective with the dual katanas

Man, the last part of the level with the M
agoichi
boss fight bums me out.

I think I know what I need to do to take them down, it's the time between returning to the shrine and running back to the boss chamber that ticks me off. It feels like it psyches me back down from wanting to get back into the fray when I have to run through the whole gauntlet over and over before I can get back to the fight. There isn't a shrine in there that I don't know about, right? I feel like I would have seen it in the radar, and the shortcuts don't help.

Man, the last part of the level with the M
agoichi
boss fight bums me out.

I think I know what I need to do to take them down, it's the time between returning to the shrine and running back to the boss chamber that ticks me off. It feels like it psyches me back down from wanting to get back into the fray when I have to run through the whole gauntlet over and over before I can get back to the fight. There isn't a shrine in there that I don't know about, right? I feel like I would have seen it in the radar, and the shortcuts don't help.
The route you should be taking is.
- Spawn at shrine
- Run to right, fall of edge
- Go inside building, turn right, go through doorway, up ladder
- U turn, then its linear to boss
Longest boss run in the game.

The route you should be taking is.
- Spawn at shrine
- Run to right, fall of edge
- Go inside building, turn right, go through doorway, up ladder
- U turn, then its linear to boss
Longest boss run in the game.

You know what was holding me up? I was taking on every gun-toting human on the way, sniping them for the title. >_>

Shortly after these posts, I took the boss down. Yay!

and omg this cutscene at the end of the level ;-;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom