• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

Zweizer

Banned
Reading this as we speak

FR0E3aF.gif

Glad that you're appreciating it~

Prison School ch243

Seems like he realized something important before going out (lol).

PK Gaming

Prison School is the only smut manga I can think of where the guy gets almost as much sexualization as the girls

It's actually kind of admirable

Fancolors

Fire Punch 41
Aaannnd back to Star Wars. The way things are moving the only logical way of ending this is the heroes (a term I use very loosely) team up with the villain to make their own shitty version of Episode V

mdubs

Banned
Does Fire Punch get any better? I read the first 10 chapters or something a few months ago and it just seemed like an stream of constant edginess and despair without much else interesting going on.

Does Fire Punch get any better? I read the first 10 chapters or something a few months ago and it just seemed like an stream of constant edginess and despair without much else interesting going on.

I wouldn't say it gets better per se... just gets different. In a strange way might I add...

EDIT: Also on a separate note anyone here apart from me read any of the Ilegenes series?

It "gets better" in the same way Dorohedoro "gets better"

Fancolors

I dunno what's "better", but Fire Punch is constantly shifting gears into different moods on each volume. It drops the depressing tone from the first chapters and gets increasingly sillier, although it still maintains some of the edginess.

Honestly, it's kinda dumb and I feel like it thinks it's smarter than it actually is at times, but I would be lying if I said I'm not entertained by it.

Yuzumori-san 14 + bonuses
Only just started dating and already they're getting straight to the impure stuff. I'm legitimately unsure where this is going now, if anywhere. I know romance series can continue once the lead pairing hook up, but you typically need strong characters/writing to maintain interest, and I wouldn't say this is exceptional in either respect.

Hey MangaGAF, I'd like some suggestions for some good mangas to read. I've stopped reading much manga after catching up with Berserk and really want to start some reading new ones. I enjoy genres like romance, fantasy, and mystery with some of my favorite mangas/animes are Berserk, Vinland Saga, Spice and Wolf, Rurouni Kenshin, Mob Psycho, and Monster. Thanks for any help.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Nanatsu No Taizo Kay, these forms are kind of cool, and I'm digging the fight still, but some little issues are bugging me. That pannel of destruction wasn't clear(especially because that forest shot right before was so good) and the return of 'power levels' yuck. Still enjoying a bunch, but kind ready for this flashback to end.

Demon Prince Poro Awwww this is cute. I really.... hey? Isn't this basically just The Devil is a Parttimer with a poorer concept? Really like Poro's design, it's really good, but every other character is really rubbing me the wrong way :/

Promised Neverland Kay, plan seems alright. Also go Emma! You hint at that psychosociopathic nature we all know hope you're hiding.

Thanks for reminding me I've got to catch up on Dorohedoro. Did that ever finish? I remember it was getting really close to an end last I picked it up.

Hey MangaGAF, I'd like some suggestions for some good mangas to read. I've stopped reading much manga after catching up with Berserk and really want to start some reading new ones. I enjoy genres like romance, fantasy, and mystery with some of my favorite mangas/animes are Berserk, Vinland Saga, Spice and Wolf, Rurouni Kenshin, Mob Psycho, and Monster. Thanks for any help.

Lucifer and the biscuit Hammer are usually my go to for recommendations and I think it would fit what you're looking for really well. Maybe also check out Vagabond if you like the later half of Vinland Saga and you want some good samurai stuff and top tier art.

Helck
Vagabond
The Ancient Magus Bride
Noragami

Golden Kamui if you like the historical stuff

What is this Dorohedoro slander?

Thanks for reminding me I've got to catch up on Dorohedoro. Did that ever finish? I remember it was getting really close to an end last I picked it up.

I mean, I'd say it's getting into the end game now but I said that 2 years ago and here we are so...

Also, how is everybody namedropping series to compare to Poro when it's obviously just Blood Lad?

BLack Clover
Real Account

Snow White with Red Hair
Yona of the Dawn

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Yona of the Dawn ch. 136

About time girl. That stone cold expression when handing over the hairpin too, so good.

mdubs

Banned
Jump 02/27/2017

Cover, Lead CP, New Series: Hungry Marie

1. Black Clover
2. My Hero Academia
Boruto (CP)
3. The Promised Neverland
Demon Prince Poro's Diaries (CP)
4. Haikyu!!
5. Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
Samon the Summoner (CP)
6. Kimetsu no Yaiba
U19
7. Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Souma
We Never Learn
8. Spring Weapon No. 1
9. Hinomaru Zumou
10. The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.
11. Gintama
12. Ole Golazo (END)
Chronicle of Isobe ~Life is Hard~

Issue #14 (Mar 6, 2017)
Cover, Lead CP: Dr. Stone (New Series by Riichirou Inagaki and Boichi)
CP: Chronicle of Isobe ~Life is Hard~, Samon the Summoner, Hungry Marie

-

Rip Ole Golazo - we all saw this coming. I wonder what will get the axe next week. Also, another colour page for Samon?

Jump 02/27/2017

Cover, Lead CP, New Series: Hungry Marie

1. Black Clover
2. My Hero Academia
Boruto (CP)
3. The Promised Neverland
Demon Prince Poro's Diaries (CP)
4. Haikyu!!
5. Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
Samon the Summoner (CP)
6. Kimetsu no Yaiba
U19
7. Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Souma
We Never Learn
8. Spring Weapon No. 1
9. Hinomaru Zumou
10. The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.
11. Gintama
12. Ole Golazo (END)
Chronicle of Isobe ~Life is Hard~

Issue #14 (Mar 6, 2017)
Cover, Lead CP: Dr. Stone (New Series by Riichirou Inagaki and Boichi)
CP: Chronicle of Isobe ~Life is Hard~, Samon the Summoner, Hungry Marie

-

Rip Ole Golazo - we all saw this coming. I wonder what will get the axe next week. Also, another colour page for Samon?

Im loving how awesome BLack Clover is this week. So much excitement and positive sentiment for it.

Fancolors

Goodbye Ole Golazo. I'm not surprised with your end, but I sure wish you did better.

Welp, with it gone the grand total of main Jump series I'm currently interested in is now zero.

Maybe We Never Learn will get there, but I'm hesitant of getting too heavily invested on it since it reminds me too much of Nisekoi. And I don't need another big disappointment.

Shengar

I read 5 volumes of the novel
It's basically your JYP beta MC embracing his betaness and literally being a lil bitch
He was brought over because the Queens ancestor escaped to earth with some chick and he descended from said ancestor. Now the royal blood only has her left and she brought him over so she could smash him and he give her babies who retain the special royal magic in them

I could go on but id get mad
He even did getting the high tech gear from earth wrong
You are going to another world(sword and magic) and you bring over your unwatched dvds ? nigga pls

*barf
*vomits

Demon Prince Poro's Diaries 1

It was alright, but it didn't really do much for me. If it lasts, I don't know if its something I'd follow.

U19 2

Interesting development. Wonder if he'll be able to act fast enough.
Though I have to say, I still can't get over how ridiculous this world is, and how being an adult means you can do whatever you want to kids. Like its so over the top.

Usobuko

Banned

Not sure if you had read them yet but

For action packed seinen stuff : Vagabond, Blade of the Immortal, Kingdom, Lone Wolf and Cub

For light-hearted narration with good humor: Helck, Dungeon Meshi, Grand Blue

For my personal favorites that deserve wider audience: Alice in Borderland, Kakukaku Shikajika

Kieli

How likely am I to enjoy Vagabond if I loved Berserk & Vinland Saga?

I also really like Inoue's "Real", but I haven't read Slam Dunk. I'm assuming Vagabond falls closer to the former than latter?

Usobuko

Banned
How likely am I to enjoy Vagabond if I loved Berserk & Vinland Saga?

I also really like Inoue's "Real", but I haven't read Slam Dunk. I'm assuming Vagabond falls closer to the former than latter?

I like Berserk and Vinland slightly more than Vagabond.

Vagabond has great art, possibly the best I encountered in manga. Great depiction of human anatomy, action scenes, backgrounds and the usage of waterbrush in some images.

The only flaw is it's narration. You would feel like it's drifting with no clear direction in place. I think you will like it but not as much as the above 2.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yamada and the Seven Witches [END]

Everything went better than expected and everyone got married to someone appropriate from their high school.

I mean, I guess she didn't want to go as inconclusive as her last series, but c'mooooon.

Lain

Siúil, a Rún - The Girl from the Other Side 1

A quality manga from Seven Seas.
Shiva and Teacher live Outside. Teacher has been taking care of Shiva for some weeks now and he's always reminding her to never touch him lest she be cursed and ends up like him.

The first volume manages to shed some light on how the two came to live together and setting up part of the backstory of insiders vs outsiders (through a fairy tale).
There is still a lot to be explained and shown but the first volume does an amazing job at building the right imagery imo.

Speaking of imagery, the art is quite evocative. It's something I'd describe as both simple and detailed at the same time. It's pretty nice and really gives the work a relaxing yet dark tone, as some of the events toward the end of the first volume are indeed dark, in stark contrast to the relaxing nature with a tinge of grey of the opening and middle part of the book.

Anyways, it's pretty good, go read it if you haven't.

Conan-san

Will listen later but not surprising, the nisekoi crowd probably ate it up

We never learn was most likely to be picked up since it fills the nisekoi gap that viz can't fill with ghost tits. It would have had to mega tank in the ratings for viz to not keep publishing it / 3 of the other 5 series would need mha/neverland levels of day 1 hype.

Won't fill with Ghost Tits. They could fill it with whatever the hell they wish (otherwise they wouldn't have depicted Obvious Nazi, Poro with Vibrator. Hell, they ran the subpar RWBY comic ffs). They choose not to publish Ghost Tits or that samurai comic.

Yamada and the Seven Witches [END]

Everything went better than expected and everyone got married to someone appropriate from their high school.

I mean, I guess she didn't want to go as inconclusive as her last series, but c'mooooon.

I'm super happy it went that way. I was so pissed when Yankee-kun ended and I was sure she was gonna pull some troll shit in this one too.

Jintor

i need a finished romance that isn't garbage.

I don't really know what I'm looking for but I can tell you what I liked, which is pretty much (in the realms of finished stories) Toradora and Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun. Maybe Whispered Words or whatever that was originally in Japanese, I forget.

Echii is okay but what I crave is something that will destroy me utterly. Has to be finished though. None of this catching up and waiting on weeklies bullshit.

LeleSocho

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! - 506
"They don't think it be like it is but it do" aka i didn't understand a thing.

Hakumei to Mikochi - 28
28 chapters in and i'm already forgetting characters lol... who's this Laika?
Also she made the merchant feel bad :(

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch506

So this guy really cares about looking good, and mostly because Tomo is all pretty and stuff. Alright then.

Keijo!!!!!!!! ch118-119

The boob version of windmill punches. Next they'll tell me that Keijo was an ancient Egyptian game.

Nice cover. I got this nagging feeling that it's trying to tell something though.

Yuzumori-san ch14 + Extras

Lewd. Let's see how it'll develop now that the storm is over.

The author sure had an interesting assistant, lol.

upandaway

I don't really know what I'm looking for but I can tell you what I liked, which is pretty much (in the realms of finished stories) Toradora and Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun. Maybe Whispered Words or whatever that was originally in Japanese, I forget.

Echii is okay but what I crave is something that will destroy me utterly. Has to be finished though. None of this catching up and waiting on weeklies bullshit.
Itoshi no Karin? it's calm though, won't destroy anyone but it's fluffy.

I don't think any romance destroyed me since toradora

Peco

D-ASH
Kabocha to Mayonnaise
Love Roma
Sukimasuki
Swweeet

Top Bottom