• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

Tejina Senpai 44

JmsHkyF.png

woo crossovers

Finished Junji Itou's Black Paradox and Uzumaki. Both were good and pulpy though werent as freightning as I hoped. Black Paradox's scariest moment was the amazing and mesmerizing close up picture of the black haired dudes doppleganger looking at him near the beginning of the series.

Uzumaki was weird but interesting, the ending was meh but servicable. Could see this as a one or two season episodic series honestly

Stinky

Finished Junji Itou's Black Paradox and Uzumaki. Both were good and pulpy though werent as freightning as I hoped. Black Paradox's scariest moment was the amazing and mesmerizing close up picture of the black haired dudes doppleganger looking at him near the beginning of the series.

Uzumaki was weird but interesting, the ending was meh but servicable. Could see this as a one or two season episodic series honestly

Great manga. Creepy and cool and weird.

UPVv467.jpg

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I've got to just make an actual word document to track recommends and drops at some point

Samsies. I think Baka-Updates Manga has a thing where you can keep track if you get an account (same with myanimelist I think?) but I've never bothered. And now, I can barely remember what I have read and what I haven't over the years. It's all just kind of blurred together into one God Form moe blob.

Can anyone recommend really great seinen manga? I love Berserk, Monster, and LOTGH if that helps

Is the Akira manga better than the movie? I know they have different endings right?

I'm bad at recommendations so I'll let other people handle this.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 159

Well fuck, this chapter was pretty much all just seriousness.

Not gonna lie, my heart kinda hurt at that full page of Youko and Aizawa crying.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Is the Akira manga better than the movie? I know they have different endings right?

Like fucking day and night. Yeah, I'd recommend Akira(read from the beginning, they changed quite a bit for the movie) even after so many years I think its a pretty good read even if it gets pretty weird at the end. Movie only barely touched upon some of the weird stuff that happens.

Based on what you've read, you might like Spirit Circle a lot. Though its art style might be more shonen esque than what you're looking for.

Edit: also Vagabond. Vagabond is pretty great.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 159

Pretty heavy chapter. In the end future Aizawa doesn't look happy about current Aizawa's plans. But then again future Aizawa won't really reveal anything about the future. Either way, I'd say its obvious something big and not good is coming.

Usobuko

Banned
Can anyone recommend really great seinen manga? I love Berserk, Monster, and LOTGH if that helps

Ongoing:

Kingdom
Vagabond
Vinland Saga

Completed:

Blame!
Blade of the Immortal
Lone Wolf and Cub

They are all action-packed series. Quite frankly, you'll get hooked if you start on any of them. Don't wait, starts now !

Kenshin END

So this was nice! I actually really liked the after Kyoto arc. When people were saying, *but Kenshin fight a robot* I was unsure, but of course it was a big puppet and not a robot. Seeing Kenshin's past was definitely a highlight, with how is life during the war was. Pretty fucked up at times honestly. Enishi and co were pretty cool bad guys. Some weakers then others for sure. I kind of wished some early characters would have made a come back, but oh well. Yahiko was definitely the best character of the last part. That kid showed so much heart and determination during the hard times that he was inspiring. His time-skip chapter was very good/one of my favorite part and his older self is very awesome and cool.

Good ending overall.

Lol at Saito snubbing Kenshin at the end, even if it really fitted the character's motivation and emotions.

Also really liked the two one-shot Watsuki did before serializing.

Great series.

Homukano (SFW doujin) + C83 bonus
The blessing of Maitake is upon us. This was written right before Rebellion released so there's no Homura EX, just a lot of light submissiveness on her part. I'm not adverse to sickly moe, but it's not really suited for her and her admirers are philistines for not recognising this. Similarly, Madoka's taste needs refining if she favours the glasses look.

Tejina Senpai 44

Senpai is flawless, except for all the flaws. I should start reading Kaguya one of these days.

cntr

Banned
apparently, Jump pushed up their internal deadlines? something went wrong, at least.

so all the releases this week might have unfinished art.

dani_dc

My Hero Academia 128

Was hoping that he wouldn't accept Midora, the idea of Midora having to grapple with not being the true successor of All mighty was interesting. Though it seems that might still be the case with All Mighty side kick trying to push Midora to give up his powers.

Seems like things are going to get going really fast in the next few chapters.

Series has been on a great run lately.

apparently, Jump pushed
up their internal deadlines? something went wrong, at least.

so all the releases this week might have unfinished art.

That's peculiar, wonder why.
Any source on ylthis?

no direct source, but both MHA and Black Clover have unfinished art, so something must've gone wrong internally with the deadlines
I thought it was a leaked copy of this week's chapter or that Horikoshi was deliberately going for a copy bon style lol, that's fucked up

You Will Hear the Voice of the Dead 8

I've developed a pre-emptive phobia of head snakes, should evolution ever permit them to exist. The club president's come a long way from the whole 'ordering people to their deaths' plan in chp 2.

Top Bottom