• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

Numb

I guess Orc girls love handsome guys comes closest to that.
full

im on this now

*rougher
Huge fan of Katanagatari so might see it everywhere
Thing brought me back to anime after quitting cos of Shit Art Online

Ascheroth

Kimetsu no Yaiba 51

Looks like the recovery/training arc is wrapping up. This last few chapters have been pretty humorous.
And something is brewing on the demon side.

Also, I'm a sucker for impossible architecture.

Listening to the viz jump pod cast a few highlights

-the podcast group seems very positive on we never learn and hungry marie, luke warm on u19, and they barely talked about poro.

-chance of red sprite novel release is low (shout out to goldcrusader who asked)

-listening to them try and bs about how good rwby manga was is hilarious they basically said the same two comments for like a minute and moved on

-the podcast group seems very positive on we never learn and hungry marie, luke warm on u19, and they barely talked about poro.

-chance of red sprite novel release is low (shout out to goldcrusader who asked)

-listening to them try and bs about how good rwby manga was is hilarious they basically said the same two comments for like a minute and moved on

About what I expected for the new series so far when it came to the west. The golf manga was and still is the biggest unknown (I expect Boichi's manga to be loved here). It's a sports manga which is a general negative for Viz, but could be weird/non-sports-like that it could find a spot in the Viz lineup.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
so i finished reading A Silent Voice and while i did enjoy it i couldn't help but feel that probably the last half or so of the manga was pretty weak and also that the ending was sort of rushed[ENDING SPOILERS].
I'm fine with the two mc not getting together but the thing was that it was the mangaka that brought that into the story and nothing never came from it which just makes me think, why the hell did you even bring it up if it wasn't going to go anywhere? :|
is the movie ending different from the manga?
either do something with the romance or cut it and just make them friends only imo

Koe no Katachi is trash because it didn't end with babies. I mean, they clearly were GOING to get together at the end though, they just didn't actually execute for no fathomable reason.

Higher chance of BLack Clover or HeroAca novel than Red Sprite

Higher chance of BLack Clover or HeroAca novel than Red Sprite
If I could get the MHA novels, I could more easily get over not getting Red Sprite's GNs. But I remember asking them about the possibility of them licensing the MHA novels and they were quite positive about it. Saying stuff like the Naruto and Tokyo Ghoul LNs did well for them.

Of course in the best of world I would get both the novels and Red Sprite.

bobohoro

Heh.
At least she's not tall and toned.

Hayate no Gotoku 561

You know, drama really isn't working anymore in this series.
The tears just felt jarring.
As did the psycho parent stuff.
I mean, it was foreshadowed and all, but the rushed execution just felt like going thorugh the motions to finish this fast.

wamberz1

Spirit Circle 45.5

Woops, almost missed this.

Short and sweet. The ability to forgive is important indeed, and a powerful thing. It's something I think more people these days need to remember.

And so ends what is easily one of my favorite mangas ever.

Taruranto

CSS 8-9

Where is this manga for little girls even going.

Like, how are they going to develop the characters at this point? What are they even trying to say? Especially given how modern CLAMP always felt less willing to deal with controversial themes compared to old CLAMP, to me.

Also I forgot about the whole Yukito/Yue business, mostly because him and Kero have been largely irrelevant.

So far all I can say about this continutation is: It exists.

Articalys

Hayate no Gotoku is still going? I dropped that like two/three years ago when it felt like Hata had no idea what he was doing, or at least had no idea how to properly balance the comedy/serious sides of the story.

Hayate no Gotoku is still going? I dropped that like two/three years ago when it felt like Hata had no idea what he was doing, or at least had no idea how to properly balance the comedy/serious sides of the story.

Apparently it's in the final arc...but yeah that series felt directionless when I put it on hold two years ago as well.

mdubs

Banned

Thanks for posting impressions, have hard time getting around to listening to the entire thing. I caught the segment on Hungry Marie where Marlene spent a good 10 minutes gushing about it, so that's a good sign.

Lol at RWBY, thank goodness that is done. I wonder if anyone actually liked it

I respect GoldCrusader's dedication to Red Sprite and hope it gets a GN release for your sake

LeleSocho

Banned
CSS 8-9

Where is this manga for little girls even going.

Like, how are they going to develop the characters at this point? What are they even trying to say? Especially given how modern CLAMP always felt less willing to deal with controversial themes compared to old CLAMP, to me.
I don't understand your concerns.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm just struggling to figure out why the author couldn't include 5 pages where she tells him she loves him and they kiss and presumably go on to have a large family. Like, those 5 pages would take it from a A- to an A+ (especially after that weird second half arc).

I'm just struggling to figure out why the author couldn't include 5 pages where she tells him she loves him and they kiss and presumably go on to have a large family. Like, those 5 pages would take it from a A- to an A+ (especially after that weird second half arc).

also nothing never happened with his old "friends", there were teases here and there but nope.

Thanks for posting impressions, have hard time getting around to listening to the entire thing. I caught the segment on Hungry Marie where Marlene spent a good 10 minutes gushing about it, so that's a good sign.

Lol at RWBY, thank goodness that is done. I wonder if anyone actually liked it

I respect GoldCrusader's dedication to Red Sprite and hope it gets a GN release for your sake

One thing I neglected to mention is Marlene has read all 3 chapters which is where her gushing is coming from.

mdubs

Banned
We Never Learn 4

I went into this chapter expecting to not like it because of the increasing size of the harem so soon, but the Uruka is too damn likable just like the other characters in this series.

Also:

09c8c8913d42580a7548ba4b18eb5cf490ce7611bd385fd0bcdee6620c83492f.png

One thing I neglected to mention is Marlene has read all 3 chapters which is where her gushing is coming from.

I didn't realize they got all three chapters that early, that's good to hear that she is this positive about it.

Angry Grimace

Fuuka

Guys

I can't breath

The new Fuuka wasn't actually Akitsuki (or her reincarnation), it was some girl from her high school who had an unnatural/unhealthy obsession with Akitsuki who decided to dress and act like Fuuka with the end game of stealing Fuuka's man by pretending to be her

SEEEEEEEEEEEO

Fuuka

Guys

I can't breath

The new Fuuka wasn't actually Akitsuki (or her reincarnation), it was some girl from her high school who had an unnatural/unhealthy obsession with Akitsuki who decided to dress and act like Fuuka with the end game of stealing Fuuka's man by pretending to be her

SEEEEEEEEEEEO

Bawhahahahahahahaha

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Fuuka

Guys

I can't breath

SEEEEEEEEEEEO

No...he didn't...oh my god he did...

SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEO

Every time I think he's peaked, he goes and does shit like this.

Fuuka

Guys

I can't breath

SEEEEEEEEEEEO
So what are the odds Seo pulls an actual "Fuuka was alive all along" plotline on top of this bullshit? Because that would be hilarious

Jump Week 14 ToC

Dr. Stone (Cover, Lead CP, New Series)
One Piece
Gintama
Hungry Marie (CP)
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Samon the Summoner (CP)
Haikyu!!
Demon Prince Poro's Diaries
Black Clover
The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.
The Promised Neverland
We Never Learn
Hinomaru Zumou
U19
Spring Weapon No. 1
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
Chronicle of Isobe ~Life is Hard~ (CP)
Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma

Weekly Shonen Jump #15
CP: Hinomaru Zumou, Kimetsu no Yaiba, Dr. Stone
One Shot: Gekkou no Arcadia (by Yagi Norihiro)

Verelios

On top of this? He may as well just end his career at that point because he'll have peaked.
Nah, you can't peak with that. He can only peak if it's discovered afterwards that Fuuka 1 was alive and well, but happily dating another rockstar/guy and doesn't want to go back.

Jump Week 14 ToC

One Piece
Gintama
Hungry Marie (CP)
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Samon the Summoner (CP)
Haikyu!!
Black Clover
The Promised Neverland
We Never Learn
Hinomaru Zumou
U19
Spring Weapon No. 1
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san

Weekly Shonen Jump #15

Food Wars is last?!

It might be ended by 2018 at this rate.

Jump Week 14 ToC

One Piece
Gintama
Hungry Marie (CP)
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Samon the Summoner (CP)
Haikyu!!
Black Clover
The Promised Neverland
We Never Learn
Hinomaru Zumou
U19
Spring Weapon No. 1
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san

Weekly Shonen Jump #15
Wait where is MHA?

But yea Food wars last hum? Are people just getting tired of it?

Mousou Telepathy 178 - 185

Lol, new guy is still winning over Hayato.
Poor Nanako and her terrible fashion.

Horimiya 75

Well that was a bit weird

Tomo 506 - 513

Maybe one of them will actually be able to say something.
I mean, its only been 500 chapters of awkwardness and dancing around the issue of them liking each other.

ubique

Gunnm

I read the whole thing during the past few weeks. Starts out strong, you're thrown into this cool-looking cyberpunk world along with the protagonist and she has no clue what's what and who she is and you gotta figure stuff out with her. The "arcs" are very different one from the other, to the point where the second arc is pretty much a sports manga, and that's cool

Much like Parasyte, it turns into complete expository garbage in the last couple of volumes, ruining the world and the characters while force-feeding me some poorly interpreted western philosophy with a little bit of tree-hugging shit on top

The author kept pretending he had something to say while he distracted me with some okay fights which were sometimes incomprehensible and whose outcomes were mostly decided by magical technology the characters pulled out of their asses (properly explained in notes at the bottom of the page) and mostly acceptable character designs, although some of them looked like monsters designed by pre-schoolers but redrawn by a professional, in a world that only initially appeared vast and interesting

Anyway it did consistently have some cool body horror/gore panels that I appreciated and that often came outta nowhere. In that sense it didn't disappoint me

convo

Gunnm

I read the whole thing during the past few weeks. Starts out strong, you're thrown into this cool-looking cyberpunk world along with the protagonist and she has no clue what's what and who she is and you gotta figure stuff out with her. The "arcs" are very different one from the other, to the point where the second arc is pretty much a sports manga, and that's cool

Much like Parasyte, it turns into complete expository garbage in the last couple of volumes, ruining the world and the characters while force-feeding me some poorly interpreted western philosophy with a little bit of tree-hugging shit on top

The author kept pretending he had something to say while he distracted me with some okay fights which were sometimes incomprehensible and whose outcomes were mostly decided by magical technology the characters pulled out of their asses (properly explained in notes at the bottom of the page) and mostly acceptable character designs, although some of them looked like monsters designed by pre-schoolers but redrawn by a professional, in a world that only initially appeared vast and interesting

Anyway it did consistently have some cool body horror/gore panels that I appreciated and that often came outta nowhere. In that sense it didn't disappoint me

Planning to go through Last Order? I haven't been able to follow that one for years now and the third series started by now. It's an alternate continuation since the author had ideas he wanted to expand upon. Things get crazier and grander in scale. Her origin story always gets dangled in front of you, i don't know how much it really mattered.

Fuuka

Guys

I can't breath

SEEEEEEEEEEEO

d4441f1fa0b8a1518f8334090be57685.jpg

ubique

Planning to go through Last Order? I haven't been able to follow that one for years now and the third series started by now. It's an alternate continuation since the author had ideas he wanted to expand upon. Things get crazier and grander in scale. Her origin story always gets dangled in front of you, i don't know how much it really mattered.

I don't think I'm gonna read anything else by him

Top Bottom