• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
seems like certain steampage kinda got lost in the Atelier Firris and Nier hype

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/378540/

Thats the "sci-fi Souls" from the Lords of the Fallen devs right?

BlakeofT

This might be a silly question, but are Day 1 edition of Steam games only available on or before the day the game releases?

So do we know if the PC version of Nier is gonna go out to reviewers early? It's sitting in my inventory, I'm just waiting on the technical impressions from TB and PC Gamer and such.

Hektor

Gotta say, the combat is a bit ass, but since i'm playing mostly dialogue focused characters, it did not matter much.

People telling you that you can play this game without fighting are lying, you can play the game without murdering yes, but not without fighting, you simply have alternate solutions to finish forced encounters, like interacting with objects that paralyze the enemy and such.

The effort system in which statpoints are a consumable (but replenishable) ressource is in on itself an amazing idea, as in theory it foces you to really think through when you're going to do a skillcheck and how much you want to invest into it, knowing that you then will have less of a chance to win the next skillchecks.

In actuallty, i ran around with so many statpoints on all my characters that i could win every skillcheck in the game with a 100% win guarantee, rendering the entire concept pointless and making the game an abso-fuckin-lute cakewalk. It's probably the easiest crpg i've ever played because you can just do everything whenever you want without having to fear repercussions.

And that is only with my skillpoints being replenished whenever i rested, my characters were carrying a gigaton of items to further replenish statpoints if there would've been need for it.

This system desperately needs A LOT of rebalancing, something the early access should've been for, you know, as a kickstarter game and all.

Anyways, i really enjoyed the game's excentric sci-fi world, in terms of weirdness and uniqueness it's definitely coming close to Planescape but not quite as much.

The story is very intruiging, but the end is coming rather abruptly, the questions and themes this game takes on also aren't anywhere near the original Planescape in my opinion, not to say that they're bad, it's just that this game isn't exactly taking on original themes or old themes in an original manner.

The sidequests design is great and i was positively surprised how often different sidequests weaved themselfs into each other, meaning a lot of NPC's had more than one purpose to them, making them feel more alife in the process.

The party members and their backstories vary between okay and extremely intruiging, and they're fairly likable.

Except for this little piece of shit.

Rhin.jpg

Doing begets learning... i guess?
Doing begets learning!
Doing really begets learning!
Doing begets learning!
Doing begets learning!
Doing begets learning!
Doing begets learning!

I hope she fuckin' suffers.

All in all, it's not the best crpg i've ever played, but it's far, far from the worst one, i wholeheartedly recommend it to everyone who enjoys a lot of reading and decision making, i wouldn't recommend it to the ones who are in for looting an leveling.

Also, whoever designed the UI's deserves an Award. A+ work, never too much information, never not enough, easy usablity and slick design.

seems like certain steampage kinda got lost in the Atelier Firris and Nier hype

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/378540/

Consider: Lords of the Fallen

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is Lords of the Fallen even worth playing if you've played the best of the genre already?

Even tho everyone but me will say no, thats a strange question.

Is any game worth playing if you played the best in any genre?

Is Lords of the Fallen even worth playing if you've played the best of the genre already?

Not really, tbh. It's okay for a first attempt, but I'd only really consider it if you've already played through the Dark Souls trilogy and absolutely refuse to get a PS4 for Bloodborne and Nioh.

Rhaknar

real talk. People post all these cool ass gifs of games like dmc and whatnot, then when I play, I spend 99% of the time doing A,A,A,B combos >_>

Fuck you Square-Enix.

Why do you regionlock Nier in almost all asian countries???

no chinese pricing for chairmanchuck, he's gonna have to pay $60 usd like the rest of us
indifferent2t7oab.gif

I wouldnt really care. I just dont see why they lock that title in what might be their biggest market... (asia)

Adnor

Banned
So I tried the One Piece that came in the Humble Monthly Bundle and it looks like it's not compatible with a XBO controller? At least it looks like it takes it as a DInput controller, with the buttons being numbers and stuff like that.

Really weird.

So I tried the One Piece that came in the Humble Monthly Bundle and it looks like it's not compatible with a XBO controller? At least it looks like it takes it as a DInput controller, with the buttons being numbers and stuff like that.

Really weird.

Its the worst K-T port on PC. It has broken graphical options, that dont change anything besides resolution so you are stuck playing that game with assets between the vita version and the ps3 version, even though the PS4 assets were discovered in the game files....

The whole port just sucks.

Does the game switch trick on idlemaster still work?
Fuck you Square-Enix.

Why do you regionlock Nier in almost all asian countries???

I wouldnt really care. I just dont see why they lock that title in what might be their biggest market... (asia)
It's not like there's an exclusive retail deal in place, this is just classic Japanese incompetence.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 -- MB-DBD0C734730A2871 - Taken by yoshizzle

t1488606514z1.png

It's not like there's an exclusive retail deal in place, this is just classic Japanese incompetence.

The thing is, someone must have chosen to lock especially those countries. I mean its available in South America, so I dont actually understand why they lock most asian countries.

Adnor

Banned
Its the worst K-T port on PC. It has broken graphical options, that dont change anything besides resolution so you are stuck playing that game with assets between the vita version and the ps3 version, even though the PS4 assets were discovered in the game files....

That... that sounds bad.

JCG

The graphical options are messed up, but the actual game hasn't crashed on me nor did performance ground to a halt. I'll take that any day over Bladestorm, thank you.

Vibranium

Banned
One Piece deserves an AAA game like Nier Automata, with sailing mechanics something like from Black Flag. A shame it will never get the budget or time it needs from Bandai Namco though. Too much potential but money and lack of creativity get in the way.

JCG

One Piece deserves an AAA game like Nier Automata, with sailing mechanics something like from Black Flag. A shame it will never get the budget or time it needs from Koei Tecmo though.

That does sound nice, at least on paper. However, Bandai Namco are the actual publishers with the license here. Koei only makes the OPPW series. Which play well enough for what they are. The other One Piece game on Steam isn't made by K-T.

Vibranium

Banned
That does sound nice, at least on paper. However, Bandai Namco are the actual publishers with the license here. Koei only makes the OPPW series. Which play well enough for what they are. The other One Piece game on Steam isn't made by K-T.

Ah, thanks for the info. I don't play many games based on popular anime since they are never the right genre or budget for me.

PaulSane

Yeah, Nier price in my region is a bit higher than expected, as mentioned above. Firis is also a 60$ game, but it costs almost half as much as Nier here. So i guess i'm sticking to my original plan of only getting Firis on release, and Nier later down the line, since i won't be playing either (or anything remotely demanding, for that matter) in the coming 3-4 months.

I've somehow managed to avoid spoilers for Nier so far, hope this continues to be the case. I would appreciate if you guys would refrain from posting actual Nier spoilers in this thread even in spoiler tags when this game releases, i'm a weak man and always click those black bars :x

Toukiden is worse probably. 30fps lock + really bad crashing issue for Win7. No graphics options either.

Tecmo lol

JCG

Can you use two forms of payment on HB?

You mean combining them? I'd be surprised if there are more than a handful of online stores that do this.

EDIT: Not that I know of. Wallets are something else, but maybe those kind of count.

Ha ha, the thread title gave me a nice chuckle :)

Some of you may have noticed but we moved up the release time to March 6th at 5:00pm Pacific Standard Time. It'll be a global sim-release.

http://m.imgur.com/B8cErGv

I have to say Im glad your games are not locked for asia (compared to S-E) ;)

Though I actually wonder since you are here now, do you have any clue why a publisher would lock a digital game in a whole continent?

Momentary

Banned

This guy speaks the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom