• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manatox

I see that many Gaffers are talking about region locked NieR. What does that mean exactly in this case??

You can't buy it on Steam?
You can only buy it on Steam?
You can buy it online but not the ROW key?...

I am little confused.

They can't buy it from their region at all (this might change, but seems a bit unlikely knowing SE). Buying ROW keys seems the best option, but i don't know if the ROW keys work on this case without VPN though.

Monooboe

Hmh I might go for another humble month if it actually works getting 5 bucks instead of Witness, but I didn't get the freedom bundle, will I be able to tell if I get the choice before paying?

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
If you opt for the five bucks instead of another copy of the Witness, can you spend that five on bundles or is it strictly items in the store? Like you couldn't use that five bucks off for future monthly payment, could you?

Mokoi

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
NieR: Automata -- MB-90DE6ED84B291C9D - Taken by trailmix16. 189 entrants total.

t1488704079z1.png
If only Nier released on the 10th. Still really glad it's coming out on PC. Is metro the best steam skin still? Been using default because too lazy to apply skan.

sheaaaa

I see that many Gaffers are talking about region locked NieR. What does that mean exactly in this case??

You can't buy it on Steam?
You can only buy it on Steam?
You can buy it online but not the ROW key?...

I am little confused.

Can't buy it on Steam in East and Southeast Asia apparently.

Arulan

Shit like this is just WTF. I mean, i'm glad someone did the work. But no PC port should ever require this much outside work to look like it should on the platform.

This is certainly an excessive case, but I personally use external tools for every game I play. I'm using Nvidia Inspector at the bare minimum to force V-sync, because it's usually always better than in-game V-sync, and RTSS as a frame limiter. And GeDoSaTo for specific use-cases. The rest are more case-by-case.

Lain

Do I stick with my physical Nier copy from Amazon for 56€, or do I cancel and grab from Steam for 60€? Is an ugly valve plug worth 4€? Decisions decisions.

KainXVIII

You are comparing old titles that was released before "налог на Google" with new one, many publishers were pulling 1,999 price tag for a while, for example all recent games from Bethesda (Doom, Prey), Ubisoft (WD2, GR Wildlands), Capcom (RE7), Activision (COD: IW), Warner Brothers (Shadow of War), even frigging No Man's Sky, list goes on. You should get used for such prices and pray that ruble and russian economics won't drop even harder.
Sorry, but i don't know how to convince you, but for me Nier is overpriced in Russia.

Both game are 60$
2L8QwQK.png

PaulSane

Sorry, but i don't know how to convince you, but for me Nier is overpriced in Russia.

Both game are 60$
2L8QwQK.png

Well, considering that a lot of 60$ titles are sold here at 1999rub price point, i'd say we are dealing with an underpriced Firis instead :p

Although my view on this subject is influenced by the fact that i was absent from Steam for several years, during which i was only playing Blizzard games. For me, that 1999rub price has become the new norm, since i wasn't there when the prices changed. I've already mentioned this in one of the previous threads, but i kinda stopped buying games that cost 50-60% of their $ price, which 1999rub is. Looking at my purchase history, i've only bought games either on sale, or when their base price was in 25-40% range of their "western" price - it's kinda hard to not do it this way on my limited budget.

Momentary

Banned
Shit like this is just WTF. I mean, i'm glad someone did the work. But no PC port should ever require this much outside work to look like it should on the platform.

Yeah. That's why I laugh in people's faces when they try to defend Koei Tecmo titles. They have yet to make a competent port.

All their titles have performance issues that never get fixed or
They use PS3/Vita assets instead of PS4 assets or
They have busted graphical options or
They have busted controls or
They lack modes present on consoles

And so on and so on. On top of that they don't patch ANY of their shit. The ONLY game they've shown any love to assets terms release is probably Sophie, but that probably has more to do with gust assetsfternd it not being a conveyor belt game from Omega Force.

They are taking tiny steps forwards, but also continue to take step backwards.

I didn't said it's not overpriced in Russia, i understand that this price is too high for 90% gamers from ex-USSR region. I was saying that 1999 pricetag is really common for high-budget games now, and exceptions like Atelier Firis is proving my point. I also expect that Koei Tecmo will follow this trend sooner or later.

I also fully agree with duckroll response on your disappointment:
Come on, that's a stupid ass thing to say. It's okay to feel that the price is not competitive, but saying that the game is "not AAA" when compared to stuff like Dark Souls 3 and Civilization 6?

Wok

ONE PIECE PIRATE WARRIOR 3 ENHANCEMENT GUIDE

Credit:
MrBonk for the NVIDIA Inspector, DSRTool, Cheat Engine guides
Orbmu2k for creating DSRTool
apocalypse150 for the Pirate Warriors 3 Mods Unlocker

TOOLS
Cheat Engine
NVIDIA Profile Inspector
CustomDSRTool
ReShade
Pirate Warriors 3 Mods Unlocker

Can I make it work with AMD?

Also, where is the Unlocker? Edit: Maybe the mega link here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=544348346

CbsnTc1.png

C4rter

Hmh I might go for another humble month if it actually works getting 5 bucks instead of Witness, but I didn't get the freedom bundle, will I be able to tell if I get the choice before paying?

It's pretty clear you won't get the choice:
If you bought the Humble Freedom Bundle and subscribe for April, you get a choice between a $5 credit to your Humble Wallet OR a copy of The Witness. Whatever you choose, you'll still get the rest of the month's games when the bundle unlocks on April 7th!

Note: Only customers who bought The Freedom Bundle will have the option of the $5 credit. There are no exceptions.

Tizoc

Speaking of KOEI Tecmo

I set the game to be 1600x900+Windowed, but when I do that the game just goes down to that resolution mentioned in the image.
What's the cause of this? I can't use DSR, but NVidia Inspector hacking would be helpful @_@

Wok

Wok seems to managed to have gotten the option so I got little optimistic and hoped there would be a way to try and see if one is lucky without having to commiting.

Things might have changed. Keep in mind that:
  • I have an annual plan,
  • I got the 4.99€ yesterday, 12 minutes after the unlock for the April bundle was revealed.
If Ludens comes back, since he has an annual plan, maybe he can confirm.

NeoRaider

They can't buy it from their region at all (this might change, but seems a bit unlikely knowing SE). Buying ROW keys seems the best option, but i don't know if the ROW keys work on this case without VPN though.

Can't buy it on Steam in East and Southeast Asia apparently.

Locked in almost all asian countries:

https://steamdb.info/app/524220/

I can easily buy a ROW copy, but I have around 450RMB on Steam and would rather have it from there.

Thanks.
I wonder why SE did this...

Manatox

Speaking of KOEI Tecmo

I set the game to be 1600x900+Windowed, but when I do that the game just goes down to that resolution mentioned in the image.
What's the cause of this? I can't use DSR, but NVidia Inspector hacking would be helpful @_@

I haven't played the game, just speaking randomly.. but try to look if there is some confirmation needed on a hard to see spot on the screen when you set the resolution. Other then that, the only thing i can think of is that the config file is somehow write-protected for some reason.

Pachimari

I'm gonna buy a Logitech G29 wheel and pedals on Monday when it is on sale, and I own a few racing games, but which one would be the best one to play, if I want realism and racing?

I got Project CARS, DiRT Showdown, Assetto Corsa. Any other good racing games besides DiRT Rally?

Tizoc

I haven't played the game, just speaking randomly.. but try to look if there is some confirmation needed on a hard to see spot on the screen when you set the resolution. Other then that, the only thing i can think of is that the config file is somehow write-protected for some reason.

i'VE BEEN trying to find that file but no luck so far.

EDIT: Actually in my Documents folder I did find DQ Heroes folder which has save data along with a text file that has this in it
Get Reg Value Resolution : 6
Get Reg Value WindowMode : 1
Get Reg Value Vsync : 0
Get Reg Value Language : 0
Get Reg Value Filter : 1
Get Reg Value Setting : 3
Get Reg Value Character : 0
Get Reg Value Fog : 0
Get Reg Value LOD : 1
Get Reg Value Texture : 0
Get Reg Value Shadow : 0
Get Reg Value Shader : 0
Get Reg Value LightShaft : 0
Get Reg Value MotionBlur : 0
Get Reg Value DOF : 1
Get Reg Value FXAA : 0
Get Reg Value RLR : 0
Get Reg Value HBAO : 0
Get Reg Value PARTICLE : 0
Get Reg Value MovieMode : 0
Get Reg Value PadDecide : 0
Get Reg Value WarningAnnounce : 0
Windows 7 Compatible Mode ON
Init Devices Start
Init Graphics
Init Graphics Memory
Create Graphics Device
Reset Graphics Device
Init Sound
Init Devices End
OS Major ver: [6] OS Minor ver: [1]
Enable GPU particle on this machine

Dunno what to mess around with here to get the resolution up and proper.

Buraindo

I was okay with Lords of the Fallen until I had to fight the camera twice as hard as the enemies. Seriously what is up with the lock-on in this game.

AHA-Lambda

I was okay with Lords of the Fallen until I had to fight the camera twice as hard as the enemies. Seriously what is up with the lock-on in this game.

My biggest problem was that the character is so damn slow it takes forever to hit enemies.

Then combine that with tonnes of enemies with tower shields and damage sponge bosses, i gave up quickly.

Manatox

i'VE BEEN trying to find that file but no luck so far.

EDIT: Actually in my Documents folder I did find DQ Heroes folder which has save data along with a text file that has this in it

Dunno what to mess around with here to get the resolution up and proper.

Looking at your post, i assume that game is DQ1. I found this link here related to your problem
https://steamcommunity.com/app/410850/discussions/0/485624149153355164/

Try setting the Resolution value to 5 or 4 in that file to see if it works. Or try it from the regedit location if it doesn't.

Ruruja

I'm gonna buy a Logitech G29 wheel and pedals on Monday when it is on sale, and I own a few racing games, but which one would be the best one to play, if I want realism and racing?

I got Project CARS, DiRT Showdown, Assetto Corsa. Any other good racing games besides DiRT Rally?

iRacing is on Steam. It's subscription-based but if you want good, competitive online racing with great physics that's the best choice.

If you want something to mess around with racing against dodgy AI then Assetto Corsa is my choice, followed by DiRT Rally and pCars.

Buraindo

My biggest problem was that the character is so damn slow it takes forever to hit enemies.

Then combine that with tonnes of enemies with tower shields and damage sponge bosses, i gave up quickly.

I'm using agility based weapons which are faster but I definitely get what you mean. Especially annoying when enemies recover faster than it takes the man to lift his weapon and do 5 spins before attacking.
I'm not giving up yet, just baffled at how some things work in this game.

Monooboe

Things might have changed. Keep in mind that:
  • I have an annual plan,
  • I got the 4.99€ yesterday, 12 minutes after the unlock for the April bundle was revealed.
If Ludens comes back, since he has an annual plan, maybe he can confirm.

Oh! Yeah that makes sense, since they promised non-bundled games and now it just happened and annual members don't have to option to not subscribe.

Ascheroth

Ys Origin Yunica Nightmare progress:
Rado's Annex boss - check
Silent Sands boss - check

Next up: Blighted Blood.
I still can't believe the fucking fire boss gave me more trouble then the above 2. ...Was I really that underleveled?

Manatox

Apart from bundles I almost never buy anything from Humble store. Steam's regional pricing almost always makes it cheaper.

I almost never buy anything from humble store. I only suscribed for a month just for XCOM 2, and that was my only purchase after many years, thanks to regional pricing on steam.

Wok

Nier outselling Ghost Recon on the topsellers charts where I am at least.

Steam audience knows what's up.

Well, on OpenCritic, Nier is sitting at the top of the 2017 Hall of Fame for PC. Maybe people are just following the hype, just like I do.

y4ybpPX.png

C4rter

Nier outselling Ghost Recon on the topsellers charts where I am at least.

Steam audience knows what's up.

On my topseller list "(Germany I guess) Ghost Recon Wildlands is somewhere on the bottom second page. Even Far Cry 2 is higher at the moment. Far! Cry! 2!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom