• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finished Hidden Folks just now. It's basically a Where's Waldo hidden object game. It has some really complex scenes to find stuff in with charming animations and sound effects. There are a few objects that are absolutely bullshit to find but you're not required to get everything to progress a level and everything else is well placed in the maps.

Worth looking at for a chance of pace from the regular games you play.

Knurek

Overdrive?

That'a s function for reducing blur on (some) monitors.

pixperan.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yo jase sorry if i asked this already but is it possible to redeem eu steam codes n certain regions without the use of vpn?
I ask as i bought a nier tomato steam code from play asia which is europe region.

I think you'll find Play-Asia's region indicator to be incorrect as the only region-specific subs the game has are for Eastern Europe.

Edit: And a few other countries.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Auto-gift -- MB-AFEF1E13389C22A6 - Taken by Chairmanchuck

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Games involving AI -- MB-F7C29ADAC4A98ED2 - Taken by data. 8 entrants total.

t1488647060z1.png

Lain

Went out of my way to buy the Tempest Bundle for Evoland 2, and then turns out I already owned it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Lain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Evoland 2 -- MB-8AF09681515582CE - Taken by Shalashaska. 1 entrants total.
Raptor: Call of The Shadows 2015 Edition -- MB-CB2B21D61B8BFC9B - Taken by KainXVIII. 1 entrants total.
Stay Dead Evolution -- MB-7A454D6B6E7B5FC9 - Taken by Purkake4. 2 entrants total.
The Grandfather -- MB-901553373FC1D8B4 - Taken by anastef. 1 entrants total.
Wickland -- MB-2B38C01972A35AF3 - Taken by xGreg. 2 entrants total.

t1488637162z1.png

ModBot Basics:

Auto-gift -- MB-AFEF1E13389C22A6 - Taken by Chairmanchuck

Hoping it was Nier. It was that free Indiegala game.

Tizoc

I think you'll find Play-Asia's region indicator to be incorrect as the only region-specific subs the game has are for Eastern Europe.
So could it be an east europe key. If i try to redeem it will it tell me that i am unable to due to my region?

JaseC

So could it be an east europe key. If i try to redeem it will it tell me that i am unable to due to my region?

I doubt you have anything to worry about; the flag is that of the European Union and none of the countries the subs cover are members. I'd wager Play-Asia's just selling keys taken from stock purchased in an EU country.

Edit: But to answer your question: Yes. The "purchase" being "cancelled" doesn't actually mean anything beyond your IP being ineligible for activation (i.e. Steam won't eat the key).

gngf123

Edit: And a few other countries.

Wait, aren't Eastern European keys usually blocked from working in the rest of Europe?

Really hope I'm not stuck with a key I can't use.

JaseC

Wait, aren't Eastern European usually blocked from working in the rest of Europe?

Really hope I'm not stuck with a key I can't use.

Yeah, but as per my previous post, I don't think there's cause for concern.

madjoki

I doubt you have anything to worry about. The flag is that of the European Union and none of the countries the subs cover are members. I'd wager Play-Asia's just selling keys from stock purchased in Europe.

Yeah, I'd assume they're just covering their asses since many big publishers started locking physical EU keys.

On my topseller list "(Germany I guess) Ghost Recon Wildlands is somewhere on the bottom second page. Even Far Cry 2 is higher at the moment. Far! Cry! 2!!!!

In Finland:

GUUEIvO.png

The only region lock applied to Nier Automata is what Square Enix usually designates as RU/CIS/IN/BR. Which means Russia, Eastern Europe, India and Brazil.

To be more precise, these countries
Russian Federation, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Republic of Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Ukraine, India, Brazil, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Montenegro, Albania

If your key comes from a copy designated for these countries it will be activation and runtime locked.

As Jasec said, the odds of Play Asia keys coming from one of these regions seems low but there's no way to actually guarantee that until the first key is activated. If you've bought from Play Asia sit tight and your key will probably work. In the very small chance that it doesn't, they will refund you without any hassle.

JustinBB7

Still no Nier on cdkeys FeelsBadMan

Also it's top seller in Holland (if the region thing is right) for me. Which I wouldn't have expected.

JaseC

Is there a list of the games that have been removed for false reviews? (Also, will this actually prove to be a deterrent, or will indie developers simply not learn?)

Not that I'm aware of, excluding forum threads and such that aim to keep track of removed games in general.

Tizoc

The only region lock applied to Nier Automata is what Square Enix usually designates as RU/CIS/IN/BR. Which means Russia, Eastern Europe, India and Brazil.

To be more precise, these countries

If your key comes from a copy designated for these countries it will be activation and runtime locked.

As Jasec said, the odds of Play Asia keys coming from one of these regions seems low but there's no way to actually guarantee that until the first key is activated. If you've bought from Play Asia sit tight and your key will probably work. In the very small chance that it doesn't, they will refund you without any hassle.
Thanks for he info you two.
Really psyched to play nier, i have been in full media blackout on it anf all i know about it is itll be action goodness galore

data

A question about SF4 and all its versions, I redeemed a key from the GFWL SF4 Arcade Edition thing and that's what the license says, but in my library it's listed as USF4. Do I own the Arcade edition or Ultra?

gngf123

A question about SF4 and all its versions, I redeemed a key from the GFWL SF4 Arcade Edition thing and that's what the license says, but in my library it's listed as USF4. Do I own the Arcade edition or Ultra?

They renamed the listing when Ultra came out. You have AE, but you can upgrade to Ultra with the DLC.

Shantom

Things might have changed. Keep in mind that:
  • I have an annual plan,
  • I got the 4.99€ yesterday, 12 minutes after the unlock for the April bundle was revealed.
If Ludens comes back, since he has an annual plan, maybe he can confirm.
I also have an annual plan and didn't buy the freedom bundle, and was offered the $5.

It is crazy how good this game looks (Dishonored 2). One of the best art directions in games.

Recently playing through it myself and I have to agree, the game looks STUNNING. I thought the "less painterly" style wouldn't work as well, but boy was I wrong.

And I'm just playing on mostly high with some medium settings, playing on all ultra and downsampled like I can do with Dishonored 1? It would blow my mind.

Ludens

Banned
Yeah, I got 5€ too from HM, having an annual plan but I never bought the freedom bundle.
A thing to consider is I own The Witness, so maybe the 5€ are for all those people already woning the game?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.

ModBot Basics:

AUPeRsu.jpg

Mystery Gift -- MB-F428D3E4D69554BB - Taken by sheaaaa

Jawmuncher

In a VR game? Sounds nauseating.
Also wouldn't make sense in a proper survival horror game, which is, as we all agree, superior to silly action games.

If we're to push VR and survival horror to its limit, we need experiences such as suplexing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom