• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 14 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

BoneBone: Rise of the Deathlord -- MB-605DF645779D58C3 - Taken by septicore
Breath of Death VII -- MB-1DE353191EDDAEFD - Taken by Last Baron
Defense of Egypt: Cleopatra Mission -- MB-A676AD9BDB4B898B - Taken by NeoRaider
Desire -- MB-E7952AD8D3E06DDD - Taken by zebez
Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood -- MB-82BC9FB79DC5E0CB - Taken by Hakkelus
Farnham Fables -- MB-4F2600BC7AC23B27 - Taken by ussjtrunks
Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride -- MB-8F05A7A786B5B7D9 - Taken by chronomac
Hyperspeed -- MB-A29F8EF1DD591586 - Taken by Abomination
Runestone Keeper -- MB-59FDE3F191F8A7F6 - Taken by NeoRaider
SWEATER? OK! -- MB-02D896AD573CB3E1 - Taken by InquisitorAles
The Adventures of Tree -- MB-8822099CB1A3324E - Taken by NeoRaider
The Extinction -- MB-7C511B410B79E20D - Taken by Servizio
The Lost Battallion: All Out Warfare -- MB-0AE6B3F3449AB2E5 - Taken by Nabs
Torch Cave -- MB-8D4AD06288407E5C - Taken by Jawmuncher

dex3108

I had to laugh when I found that both Horizon and Zelda have Ubitowers. Ubi has infected everything! (Full disclosure: It's actually fine in these games, it's not even comparable to AC)

Console makers keeping me their bitch.

I don't get how can it be ok in one game and not in other if mechanic is the same :D

Anno

Recent Humble Monthly strategy game giveaway time.

Also another key from me for 2017's Best Game, Hollow Knight.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Anno, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Total Warhammer -- MB-FD0520E0FC6F4006 - Taken by Khilandros. 14 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
XCOM 2 -- MB-4C70E308C8C1A958 - Taken by Xanathus. 16 entrants total.
Hollow Knight -- MB-65B7BE93BDA83F00 - Taken by Nzyme32. 76 entrants total.

t1488659279z1.png

Finished Hyper Light Drifter earlier today and I really enjoyed it. Some rooms felt like bullshit but in the same way Dark Souls is bullshit, I'm just trying to find some way to explain why I'm failing and don't want to blame myself.

Tempted to pick up Hollow Knight since every here seems to really like it. Used all my stem credit on HLD though so may wait to sell my remaining cards and see if I can't get £2-£3 off it.

Teggy

I don't get how can it be ok in one game and not in other if mechanic is the same :D

There's just a few of them, like one per large area, vs. AC where it's rotten with them.

Dying Light also did it a bit better because they were platforming challenges, rather than AC where it's mostly "push up until you reach the top".

Yakkue

I'm having some FPS drop problems in FFXIII-2, and in some cutscenes the audio is out of synch with the video. Does anyone here know a fix for that?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 -- MB-FBD5F8E079011F70 - Taken by Benedict. 7 entrants total.

t1488649900z1.png

Benedict

Subnautica in Freedom Bundle was a wonderful surprise that works fine on my laptop.
Was just going to try it for an hour or so... now played over 17 hrs.

Nabs

Hollow Knight is the shit. I "beat" it last night and still have a ton left to see. I can't believe it was made by 2-3 people.

Anno

I dislike everything about that ME:A video from yesterday that has to do with numbers. Filling up viability meters? Getting viability points in order to wake up more people from your Ark ship? Everything just seems like such a bad way to tell what should be a really cool story premise.

Knurek

Nier seems to be doing pretty well. I'm happy for Taro and Platinum, on the other hand I'd hate to think S-E are getting rewarded for all the bullshit they pulled.

That bothers you?
I thought you'd be more offended by the 1080p res lock?

Nier seems to be doing pretty well. I'm happy for Taro and Platinum, on the other hand I'd hate to think S-E are getting rewarded for all the bullshit they pulled.

What are you referring to? Generally speaking or did they do something with Nier other than make it look like a sequel wasn't going to happen?

I appreciate they stated upfront ff15 on pc might come out. Makes it easier to wait to see what happens (I can't afford to buy games at release these days).

Ascheroth

That bothers you?
I thought you'd be more offended by the 1080p res lock?
That's just speculation.
What are you referring to? Generally speaking or did they do something with Nier other than make it look like a sequel wasn't going to happen?

I appreciate they stated upfront ff15 on pc might come out. Makes it easier to wait to see what happens (I can't afford to buy games at release these days).
He's refering to their asinine communication where they went out of their way to not mention a single thing about the PC version and had several dumb back-and-forth where some information 'leaked' only to be pulled immediately and all that shit.

bbd23

My next day one purchase seems to be Little Nightmares....but thats end of April so I guess I can take my sweet time with Nier.

gngf123

Durante is referring to the absolute dumpster fire that was Square Enix communication regarding the PC version.

The release date shenanigans. Posting a trailer with a specific release date, deleting it, then posting the game's store page, deleting it again, then posting it again just two weeks before launch.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

This is gonna be gud -- MB-990E3D9F2195999E - Taken by Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

I feel like having all caps in your Steam synopsis is not only unprofessional looking, but almost comes off as hostile.

58c4a8cb3b799d16f6318079b0f4f3b4.png

Like FUCK game, I don't know!?

ModBot Basics:

This is gonna be gud -- MB-990E3D9F2195999E - Taken by Dusk Golem

(the game was Endorlight, btw.)

EdmondD

Subnautica in Freedom Bundle was a wonderful surprise that works fine on my laptop.
Was just going to try it for an hour or so... now played over 17 hrs.

Yeah it's a great game. A good example of how to do early access right. They are constantly updating and improving it. They just recently updated and added some new areas and things to explore.

Humbled

edit: RIVE isnt Riven, its http://store.steampowered.com/app/278100/

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (the_firewithin, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Flat Heroes -- MB-C9F96B98BC3143B0 - Taken by pantsattack. 4 entrants total.
RIVE -- MB-90AE8A5C124A7639 - Taken by NingenJanai. 10 entrants total.
Space Run Galaxy -- MB-9611D111CE474647 - Taken by rainking187. 4 entrants total.

t1488662502z1.png

Momentary

Banned

Teggy

I feel like having all caps in your Steam synopsis is not only unprofessional looking, but almost comes off as hostile.

58c4a8cb3b799d16f6318079b0f4f3b4.png

Like FUCK game, I don't know!?

How is it that you can immediately recognize a hidden object game by its title art (and bonus ease if the title has the name of a woman with just an initial as her last name. )

Dusk Golem

How is it that you can immediately recognize a hidden object game by its title art (and bonus ease if the title has the name of a woman with just an initial as her last name. )

They've got a very distinct look, naming, and style to them. There's a few publishers on Steam that publish mostly point'n'click type games, and they make some very distinct Steam Banners.

I don't think it's a bad thing, they definitely have their fans and I think it's actually commendable that many can look at the game's name and banner and immediately tell what sort of game it is. That sort of distinction I think is actually something more Store Pages should strive for, but I understand it's very hard to pull off.

I wish I liked point'n'clicks more than I often do. There's some I've adored, and so many have horror themes, but I have so much difficulty with the genre. I have to be in the right mood to play one, they're a bit less fun to play over long stretches than other games for me, and I almost always end up having to consult a walkthrough for these games and almost only these games as I get stuck somewhere not knowing where to click next. That's not all of them, some are intuitive, but they often have good atmospheres, many even have good stories, which is why I wish they were more to my taste as many do exist in a horror space so I do want to play them eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom