• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really happy that i won Nier! I want to pay it forward somehow but these are the only games i can give away for now.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Prison Architect -- MB-060E8C53AEC1C3AE - Taken by Kudo. 15 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Project CARS -- MB-0683207CED8889FB - Taken by InquisitorAles. 36 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Ryse: Son of Rome -- MB-F159E37ACA1A54DC - Taken by EdmondD. 33 entrants total.
ADR1FT -- MB-F427C2D9D0D68D72 - Taken by Catshade. 34 entrants total.
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn(Non-Steam) -- MB-424DE02247AD06A8 - Taken by kakashi08. 11 entrants total.
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse -- MB-1311FE9C679848F7 - Taken by Large Professor. 18 entrants total.
Slime Rancher (Early Access) -- MB-B0310B09A99AD4C9 - Taken by Eila. 54 entrants total.
XCOM 2 -- MB-1074D4FAD831120A - Taken by Zeknurn. 53 entrants total.

t1488739601z1.png

Phinor

I dislike everything about that ME:A video from yesterday that has to do with numbers. Filling up viability meters? Getting viability points in order to wake up more people from your Ark ship? Everything just seems like such a bad way to tell what should be a really cool story premise.

I was still trying to get over being a goddamn flying leaping superhero based on that combat gameplay video but I hadn't watched the latest video yet. Just did and I just don't like any of it except the visuals. I don't want to establish outposts within a mile of each other or to collect resources for every damn faction because they can't be arsed to do it themselves. I don't want to fill meters past pre-established limits to unlock this and that. I just want to play Mass Effect without any of the current game design open world crap :( (and to some degree all ME games have had some of that crap but it hasn't felt like the focus of the game as much as it seems to be in Andromeda.)

But we pretty much knew this would happen after DA:I. It was double confirmed when Bioware said that they aren't going to just repeat DA:I because with AAA games that translates to doing pretty much exactly the same. It focus tests well so that's just what you're going to do.

Hopefully at least the story and characters are good unlike, again, DA:I which had terrible game story and only few good characters.

Momentary

Banned
Wbacon confirmed arbitrary resolution and other pc tweaks like AA. The page is just copy paste from ps4.

Damn.. 100% buy then.

Next week is stacked for me.

March 6th = Marvel vs. Capcom 3
March 7th = Atelier Firis
March 8th = Ghost Blade
March 9th = Danmaku Unlimited 3

Then...

March 17th = Senran Kagura Estival Versus and Nier Automata.

I'm gone be broke son.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Damn.. 100% buy then.

Next week is stacked for me.

March 6th = Marvel vs. Capcom 3
March 7th = Atelier Firis
March 8th = Ghost Blade
March 9th = Danmaku Unlimited 3

Then...

March 17th = Senran Kagura Estival Versus and Nier Automata.

I'm gone be broke son.
You forgot the GOTY

My Boyfriend – He loves me, he loves me not

What the fuck did I link?

bloke

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Another World 20th Anniversary Edition -- MB-7706B08E4BA020A0 - Taken by Vazra
Reus -- MB-C44666C97D350A67
Viscera Cleanup Detail - House of Horror DLC -- MB-B150299F1E7CB3A9

Pachimari

Are there any mods for Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition, that exchanges the Xbox controller buttons with PlayStation ones? And one that makes me play it in borderless windowed mode?

Borderless makes it kind of possible, but it still blinks the monitor when tabbing to other programs.

Toukiden 2 also comes out this month. Game looks interesting to me but the reviews for the first Toukiden don't look so good on Steam so I'm note sure if it'll be good.

Vuze

Toukiden 2 also comes out this month. Game looks interesting to me but the reviews for the first Toukiden don't look so good on Steam so I'm note sure if it'll be good.
Yeah, I hope the PC version will be good this time around. First one was pretty terrible (1080p lock + 30fps lock with random crashes). Waiting for user impressions.

E: oh and yeah, the reviews are mixed because of the "quality" of the PC version. I liked what I played very much.

Max Payne 3 is really enjoyable. I've been putting it off because I never finished 2 back in the day, but HEALTH released DISCO3 a couple weeks ago and I figured, why not?

It's full of lots that I dig on.
  • Incredible 3rd person shooting
  • Great soundtrack by a favorite band
  • Rockstar's sky high production values
  • Lots of style, I like the flashbacks that wipe over Max's model, and the words onscreen
  • And for me personally, picking up AAA releases for single dollars down the line
Unfortunately, I just had my first full CTD on this card. Checking my fans and they're clogged with dust.
raw

Ascheroth

As I understand it, Toukiden itself was a good game, but the usual awful Koei port (1080p/30 lock).

dex3108

Max Payne 3 is really enjoyable. I've been putting it off because I never finished 2 back in the day, but HEALTH released DISCO3 a couple weeks ago and I figured, why not?

It's full of lots that I dig on.
  • Incredible 3rd person shooting
  • Great soundtrack by a favorite band
  • Rockstar's sky high production values
  • Lots of style, I like the flashbacks that wipe over Max's model, and the words onscreen
  • And for me personally, picking up AAA releases for single dollars down the line
Unfortunately, I just had my first full CTD on this card. Checking my fans and they're clogged with dust.
raw

Only other game that uses 360 degree shooting at least in prone that i noticed is Ghost Recon Wildlands (and probably ARMA). But in my opinion MP3 is still best TPS game from gameplay standpoint. Animation work in that game is so good.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Anno, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Anno, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Total Warhammer -- MB-FD0520E0FC6F4006 - Taken by Khilandros. 14 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
XCOM 2 -- MB-4C70E308C8C1A958 - Taken by Xanathus. 16 entrants total.
Hollow Knight -- MB-65B7BE93BDA83F00 - Taken by Nzyme32. 76 entrants total.

t1488659279z1.png

Only other game that uses 360 degree shooting at least in prone that i noticed is Ghost Recon Wildlands (and probably ARMA). But in my opinion MP3 is still best TPS game from gameplay standpoint. Animation work in that game is so good.
I love the physics on the ragdolls, and how the cutscenes are in-engine so the bodies all all there in their poses. Oh and the enemies trip over some bodies too, but it happens rarely so there must be some bit of planning for that scenario.
I have never skimmed through the 180 already available visuals of Cooked Served Delicious 2 on the official website. Some are very impressive.

A few others are a bit weird.
I've never heard of okonomiyaki. It sure looks tasty.
Okonomiyaki_new-600x400.jpg

I should play mad payne 3 again someday
Cheapest it had been is $5 right?
I got the whole series for $8, but I bet there aren't many people that have none of the games and want all, at this point.

Ascheroth

And Pictimos is dooooooooooown!
Actually isn't that insane once you know that his spawns will eventually run out.
I made a video, but with my connection it will probably take until tomorrow until it's online, lol.

xezuru

What's the best way to play Metro 2033 Redux?
Normal or Hardcore (Leaning to latter) | Survival or Spartan, These descriptions don't tell me shit

Vazra

Want to preorder nier, but the quality of the port is worrisome :(

Somehow Im not worrying about it. Im expecting it to be a suprise like Berseria port. I remember them announcing the game having something locked but it wasnt lol.

Ascheroth

Somehow Im not worrying about it. Im expecting it to be a suprise like Berseria port. I remember them announcing the game having something locked but it wasnt lol.
Yeah, I'm not sure why people are suddenly shouting doom and gloom from the rooftops.
Platinum ports have been, as far as I know, decent with an upwards trend.

DasFool

Normal or Hardcore (Leaning to latter) | Survival or Spartan, These descriptions don't tell me shit

Best way to play is hardcore survival. Don't turn on ranger mode on your first run through.

Benedict

How come this game has never had a proper sale or part of a bundle?
As an archaeologist I need to try this someday....

C14 Dating

C-14 Dating is an otome dating sim that combines archaeology, friendships and love.

Maybe you’ll dig up some bones, or even unearth tools that were manufactured by early humans. And of course, you might forge friendships and find romance during your stay…

melissa.jpg

Vazra

Yeah, I'm not sure why people are suddenly shouting doom and gloom from the rooftops.
Platinum ports have been, as far as I know, decent with an upwards trend.

Hmm I do wonder how was Ninja Turtles port. Also this is a different engine from Transformers so I wonder how well things scale here. Sadly the cutscenes are 900p on PS4 so expect that here.

Nzyme32

Best way to play is hardcore survival. Don't turn on ranger mode on your first run through.

Actually I've been the opposite. Playing blind and Ranger was a must. It's awesome to play with next to no HUD and sparse weaponry. It isn't overly difficulty but it is challenging and keeps you thinking and being a little conservative with what resources you have

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom