• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
What, specifically, is the issue in the image you posted? The ghosting? Hard to tell from a photo, and it's normal to see some trailing on a monitor still of a moving image.

Those two white lines that run along the top of the monitor. Happened ever since playing Mafia 3 with sweetfx :(

Very noticeable if I read a comic on my PC too

lazerfox

Nier Automata is $70 in my regional steam store. Is that just a placeholder or is it that expensive?

Would be cheaper for me to buy the retail version which makes no sense at all.

JustinBB7

Nier Automata is $70 in my regional steam store. Is that just a placeholder or is it that expensive?

Prices are really high in certain places due to a new digital tax or something. So doesn't seem like a placeholder.

JCG

Prices are really high in certain places due to a new digital tax or something. So doesn't seem like a placeholder.

The problem with that statement is it's currently affecting countries with no such thing at the moment and thus the increases don't appear to be strictly following that logic.

Manatox

I doubt its because of digital tax (it's very expensive here too, but we don't have digital taxes). Its probably just SE intentionally keeping it high.

lazerfox

Well looks like I'm getting the retail version. I hope it comes with a colored game booklet like Dark Souls 3 did.

Crazy how in some places a digital download is more expensive than the retail version.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

There are no placeholder prices on Steam as you're charged instantly even when pre-ordering.

I doubt its because of digital tax (it's very expensive here too, but we don't have digital taxes). Its probably just SE intentionally keeping it high.

I think that Valve just updated the price recommendation thing and it affected everyone (in regions with non-US pricing) without caring if they actually have digital sales taxes or not.

JaseC

I think that Valve just updated the price recommendation thing and it affected everyone (in regions with non-US pricing) without caring if they actually have digital sales taxes or not.

Nier Automata's pricing isn't indicative of the adjusted defaults.

JaseC

Oh, it's just Square going "screw these third world peeps" then.

Yeah, more or less. It's really just India and CIS Land that have an acceptable price. I think it was Bethesda that first began experimenting with notably higher prices for new releases in regions where games are notably cheaper by default and this gradually gained traction among other larger publishers.

Genki

Debating whether to buy UMvC3 on Steam after GMG cancelled the order. Wouldn't play it anytime soon so it'd only be to support Capcom who just inconvenienced me, lol.

Wok

Yeah, I got 5€ too from HM, having an annual plan but I never bought the freedom bundle.
A thing to consider is I own The Witness, so maybe the 5€ are for all those people already woning the game?

I own it as well, but only on Steam, not in my "Humble library". So either Humble checks my Steam account, which is easily doable for them (they do it all the time), or as Monooboe suggested, it is a way to compensate for the fact we cannot "pause" our subscription.

lazerfox

More or less. I think it was Bethesda that first began experimenting with sizeable price bumps in regions wherein games are notably cheaper by default and this gradually gained traction among other publishers.

Yup, I remember Fallout 4 being $80 dollars on launch.

I don't mind buying retail copies but what annoys me is that they most of the time it's just a code in a box for steam anyway.
Also they don't ship it until the steam release date so you can't even pre-load the game.

Yeah, more or less. It's really just India and CIS Land that have an acceptable price. I think it was Bethesda that first began experimenting with notably higher prices for new releases in regions where games are notably cheaper by default and this gradually gained traction among other larger publishers.
Yeah, they still putting laughable 60$ for new titles in region when 200$ is average monthly wage. At least their games is still around 35$ in RU region so it's relatively easy to get cheaper version from official russian key sellers. I guess it should work like that for South America region too, if game is overpriced in Peru or Chile, it's better to get cheaper keys from Brazil or Mexico, because they are in same region.

Unai

Nier outselling Ghost Recon on the topsellers charts where I am at least.

Steam audience knows what's up.

On my topseller list "(Germany I guess) Ghost Recon Wildlands is somewhere on the bottom second page. Even Far Cry 2 is higher at the moment. Far! Cry! 2!!!!

It's the top seller in Brazil too!

9aLSrpY.png

say what you want about the gameplay of dishonored 2, its level design and art direction is insanely good

But the gameplay is fantastic too!!

They pretty much fixed most of the problems in Dishonored 1 (not being able to air drop knock out, Dark Vision looking like a turd and being crucial to stealth playthroughs at the same time) and added a completely new character with a completely new set of abilties.

They pretty much perfected the formula of Dishonored 1 which IMO was exactly what they needed to do for a sequel.

Ludens

Banned
I own it as well, but only on Steam, not in my "Humble library". So either Humble checks my Steam account, which is easily doable for them (they do it all the time), or as Monooboe suggested, it is a way to compensate for the fact we cannot "pause" our subscription.

Well yeah, Humble can check your Steam account if you linked it (I did).
Also people astonished by the price of Nier...here pretty much all AAA releases have that price (60).
Even AC Unity was that price back in days.

But the gameplay is fantastic too!!

They pretty much fixed most of the problems in Dishonored 1 (not being able to air drop knock out, Dark Vision looking like a turd and being crucial to stealth playthroughs at the same time) and added a completely new character with a completely new set of abilties.

They pretty much perfected the formula of Dishonored 1 which IMO was exactly what they needed to do for a sequel.

Yes I agree, especially regarding the stealth changes, but for some reason D2 just doesnt get love re gameplay ?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Hektor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
NieR: Automata -- MB-F673F3F2E7591577 - Taken by Tart Toter 9k. 176 entrants total.

t1488649787z1.png

gabbo

Well yeah, Humble can check your Steam account if you linked it (I did).
Also people astonished by the price of Nier...here pretty much all AAA releases have that price (60).
Even AC Unity was that price back in days.

Anything not an indie release or an old port is getting that price here, so it's not a huge shock to see Nier getting it either

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm surprised there are actually people who prefer Doom 2 over Doom 1. After finally finishing it, I'm not at all surprised I stopped playing the game years ago on the first city level. The level design drops off a quality cliff at the point and never really recovers.

Doom > Doom (2016) > Doom 3 > Doom 2

The expansion pack they included in the BFG release is pretty solid though. The levels felt more like the first third of Doom 2.

Durante

Nier seems to be doing pretty well. I'm happy for Taro and Platinum, on the other hand I'd hate to think S-E are getting rewarded for all the bullshit they pulled.

Teggy

I had to laugh when I found that both Horizon and Zelda have Ubitowers. Ubi has infected everything! (Full disclosure: It's actually fine in these games, it's not even comparable to AC)

Console makers keeping me their bitch.

Manatox

Hmm didn't hear about that, but it might be related.
On the other hand, Atelier Firis is sold on the usual recommended price. I just might buy Firis instead since its sold for less then the half price of Nier. Don't have enough time to play them all either way :(

lazerfox

I had to laugh when I found that both Horizon and Zelda have Ubitowers. Ubi has infected everything! (Full disclosure: It's actually fine in these games, it's not even comparable to AC)

Console makers keeping me their bitch.

I bet Mass Effect Andromeda will have something similar as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom