• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

Snk 91:

Well that was interesting. The reason Marley hasn't attacked again is due to being locked in a bitter war.. We get to see some of the new Titan warriors.

Oh and Marleys enemy's have weapons that can kill Titans in a single hit.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I mean, I don't need tags or anything, but it would be nice if a review of a new chapter was something other than just "wow here is the entire plot of the chapter in 2 sentences!"

More World's End Harem
It appears to remain trash
Who is reading this?

How sad is it that as shitty as it is, the #3 guy is STILL significantly more interesting and a better MC than the main protagonist so when it switched back to him I was like "Oh goddammit"

New Gate 24+25

Huh, missed a chapter in there somewhere. Bandits did not know who they were fucking with. Tiera's concern seemed a little weird, it's not like the MC is this dude who is constantly holding back bloodlust or has a deep evil inside of him. I'd think it might be a reference to how before this was all a game so he didn't have any emotion involved in what he was doing and it's kinda carried over even if everything is real now but I don't think the mangaka/LN writer is actually going for that feeling. Anyways, Tiera needs to step off Shnee's man cause she ain't got no-

Sy4AR6O.png

Jesus Christ.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't really know what else to write? I gave my thoughts and summary. Do you want me to write a narrative essay?

I mean, just reporting everything that happened isn't a take. It's just a plot summary.

More World's End Harem
It appears to remain trash
Who is reading this?

New guy successfully got baited into fucking a couple of times and now the jig is up, so I suspect he too will board the train of "no fucking." I mean, I can only assume the author has overly grandiose plans about a bait and switch plot where it turns out the MK Virus plot is a cover for some other sinister plot because the author seems overly concerned about taking the plot seriously.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Attack on Titan ch. 91

This has been a little confusing for me lately and an abrupt timeskip (?) here doesn't help any. Also, since it just throws you into this scenario all of a sudden, I've little reason to care about these new faces or their situation tbh.

I'm going to have to reread these last few chapters before the next one comes out.

Scum's Wish ch. 46

Wait, this is apparently ending next chapter? I feel like this has been coasting for a bit now, so maybe I shouldn't be too surprised.

New Gate 24+25 Huh, missed a chapter in there somewhere. Bandits did not know who they were fucking with. Tiera's concern seemed a little weird, it's not like the MC is this dude who is constantly holding back bloodlust or has a deep evil inside of him. I'd think it might be a reference to how before this was all a game so he didn't have any emotion involved in what he was doing and it's kinda carried over even if everything is real now but I don't think the mangaka/LN writer is actually going for that feeling. Anyways, Tiera needs to step off Shnee's man cause she ain't got no-

It made a lot more sense in the light novels.... though not until 2 Volumes later.

jbug617

Banned
A Silent Voice Vol 1

I still don't know why Shoya decided to bully Nishimiya. What did she do to piss him off like that? Boredom is not an acceptable answer.

Shoya getting bullied by his classmates after Nishimiya left also was extreme like the bullying in the beginning. At the end I wished he would of just fought back but I understand he accepted this as his punishment.

Seems like it's going to be a redemption story but I know it's not going to be easy to get some kind of forgiveness.

Is something wrong with Viz these days, my manga is only shipping from AMZN on the day that they actually release, instead of how its always been arriving at my doorstep on the day of release.

mdubs

Banned
Is something wrong with Viz these days, my manga is only shipping from AMZN on the day that they actually release, instead of how its always been arriving at my doorstep on the day of release.

That sounds like an Amazon issue - I have the majority of Viz stuff delivered at least a week ahead of street date (Indigo)

Angry Grimace

Fuuka

Glad to see the other people in the band don't fuck up for once instead of just standing around like twits while misunderstandings occur.

Main dude writes a song about how he wants Fuuka (2) and she's so dumb she doesn't get it despite everyone in the entire fucking casting getting really obviously. So Yuu is stupid and assumes its because she rejected him because he's stupid and he's clearly about to walk away with a misunderstanding and the rest of the band has to come in before he leaves and be like "stop being a fucking wuss" and solves it in 2 pages.

Now I guess its time for Aoi to die in a plane crash.

dani_dc

A Silent Voice Vol 1

I still don't know why Shoya decided to bully Nishimiya. What did she do to piss him off like that? Boredom is not an acceptable answer.

Shoya getting bullied by his classmates after Nishimiya left also was extreme like the bullying in the beginning. At the end I wished he would of just fought back but I understand he accepted this as his punishment.

Seems like it's going to be a redemption story but I know it's not going to be easy to get some kind of forgiveness.

Well the simple answer is "cause they're kids and don't know better", kids don't need much to start bullying just being different is enough. It's the adults responsibility (both the parents and the teachers) to handle a kid who's bullying.
If I recall, the manga showed that the teacher didn't care at all about what was happening. now that's worth wondering about.

Fuuka

Glad to see the other people in the band don't fuck up for once instead of just standing around like twits while misunderstandings occur.

Main dude writes a song about how he wants Fuuka (2) and she's so dumb she doesn't get it despite everyone in the entire fucking casting getting really obviously. So Yuu is stupid and assumes its because she rejected him because he's stupid and he's clearly about to walk away with a misunderstanding and the rest of the band has to come in before he leaves and be like "stop being a fucking wuss" and solves it in 2 pages.

Now I guess its time for Aoi to die in a plane crash.

Fwiw I'm very glad you summarize what happens in Fuuka so I can enjoy the mess without having to actually read it 👍

Rokudou no Onna-tachi 6

Lol its hilarious that almost everyone knows of his strange "powers" and he's easily being targeted.

Also he's making a new friend apparently.

Lets see where his decision will lead him to.

mdubs

Banned
A Silent Voice Vol 1

I've seen kids bully other kids for no reason whatsoever. I think what this volume shows well too is the escalation with his bullying causing the rest of the class to quickly turn against her as an outsider. Potently true to life

Lain

A Silent Voice Vol 1

She created discomfort for his friends. By being an immature asshole (like the rest), he thought bullying her because his classmates laughed at his bullshit/voiced annoyances here and there about her (because of her needs) was reason enough to do it and by seeing others laugh at it/take part in it in their own ways made him escalate things.

The duality between the bully and onlookers feeding each other and fueling the escalation was so spot on imo.

gintama 626

Its nice to see the invading army retreating finally.
However I think Gintoki might have possible made a horrible mistake.

New Game! 41

Group discussion really is the best way to think up ideas.

Jump Issue #15 Rankings

One Piece (Cover, Lead CP)
1.Haikyu!!
Hungry Marie
Dr. Stone (CP)
2. The Promised Neverland
3. My Hero Academia
Gekkou no Arcadia (CP, One Shot)
4. Spring Weapon No. 1
Hinomaru Zumou (CP)
We Never Learn
5. Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Souma
Kimetsu no Yaiba (CP)
Demon Prince Poro's Diaries
6. Black Clover
U19
7. The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.
8. Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
9. Samon the Summoner
Chronicle of Isobe ~Life is Hard~

Issues #16
Cover, Lead CP: Robot x Laserbeam(New Series by Tadatoshi Fujimaki)
CP: Haikyu!!, The Disastrous Life of Saiki K., Black Clover, Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san

Two most interesting points for issue 15's rankings: Spring Weapon's random life in the rankings is not a one time incident it seems, though will it be enough to offset it's horrid Vol 1 sales....maybe? Black Clover almost fell to the bottom 3 for the first time, though this really isn't concerning since it's getting a color page next issue and there were only 9 ranked series this time around.

Nordicus

Kanojo ni Naru Hi 18

Ugh, here comes the trash drama. He gets an offer to work over seas while she finds out she's 8 weeks pregnant.

cntr

Banned
So: Hungry Marie seems to be well received, which is great.
Neverland still going strong, My Hero Academia is back and U19 seems to be the least liked out of all the new ones so far.
No, they're all unranked at the moment. All Jump rankings are delayed by 8 weeks, so new series don't get ranked for 8 chapters.

Fancolors

Neverland 1-29
This is very good. Reading the first chapter I was afraid this was going to become an edgy story focusing exclusively on the suffering of the children and instead got a psychological thriller with the same elements that made Death Note entertaining. Couldn't stop reading and now I demand more. Hope it doesn't turn into a borefest like DN after L's death.

The moment this chapter ends felt a little off tho. If the information Norman gave was truly his last contribution, then it would make sense to show his dead body like they did with Krone. He will probably try to kill the mother in his last moments and fail miserably.

Love Live - School Idol Days S 2
The 'destroy them psychologically by committing suicide in front of them' strategy is such an inferior approach to the 'destroy them physically by gutting them with a steak knife' strategy. But to each their own. At the very least, it means a continuation where we get to see the unhappy couple falling apart.

Jintor

...that's that blood and depression doujin version right?

or did the official mangas get really hardcore while i wasn't looking

It's official. The CD sales aren't cutting it anymore so they're branching out to a new audience.

Alternatively, I forgot to put the (SFW doujin) tag in the title.

Jump Issue #15 Rankings

One Piece (Cover, Lead CP)
1.Haikyu!!
Hungry Marie
Dr. Stone (CP)
2. The Promised Neverland
3. My Hero Academia
Gekkou no Arcadia (CP, One Shot)
4. Spring Weapon No. 1
Hinomaru Zumou (CP)
We Never Learn
5. Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Souma
Kimetsu no Yaiba (CP)
Demon Prince Poro's Diaries
6. Black Clover
U19
7. The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.
8. Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
9. Samon the Summoner
Chronicle of Isobe ~Life is Hard~

Issues #16
Cover, Lead CP: Robot x Laserbeam(New Series by Tadatoshi Fujimaki)
CP: Haikyu!!, The Disastrous Life of Saiki K., Black Clover, Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san

Two most interesting points for issue 15's rankings: Spring Weapon's random life in the rankings is not a one time incident it seems, though will it be enough to offset it's horrid Vol 1 sales....maybe? Black Clover almost fell to the bottom 3 for the first time, though this really isn't concerning since it's getting a color page next issue and there were only 9 ranked series this time around.

A week with both haikyuu and BLack Clover color pages. I need.

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch520

Actions befitting a disgusting man.

Love Tyrant ch44

Kid Seiji is cute. Too bad it's only temporary.

Rokudou no Onna-tachi ch6

He gained an ally at least.

Murenase! Shiiton Gakuen ch22.5

Shouldn't have been so stingy.

Attack on Titan ch91

Unexpected change of focus, but I guess the timing will be beneficial for Eren and co.

MCD

Murata:

Q: The type of girl you like?

A: I'm not a lolicon, I prefer a plump figure, matured lady, so I'd say Fubuki...But the Fubuki from ONE sensei version is not plump at all...This version of Fubuki is fully based on my own liking and preferences. I love boobs since I was young, and the back, waist and the butt, I'm having fun time drawing them! Tastumaki is not my cup of tea, but turns out that I'm having fun drawing her as well! I've never been so interest in drawing the back and ass back then.

My hero.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePunchMa...ream_translation_opm_facts_from_the/?sort=new

Angry Grimace

So: Hungry Marie seems to be well received, which is great.
Neverland still going strong, My Hero Academia is back and U19 seems to be the least liked out of all the new ones so far.

Again, the chapter order doesn't mean anything. Hungry Marie has 2 existing chapters so they put it wherever they want according to editorial whim.

Angry Grimace

The spoilers for Shokugeki seem to confirm most of the things I had predicted would happen.

upandaway

Promised Neverland

Ray's lack of infantile amnesia is the weakest part of neverland's plot so far

But it's not the only series to use it as a plot point

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NoInfantileAmnesia

At the end of the day how Ray knew doesn't really change much of how things are playing out.
Yeah I'd say the problem isn't really the plot point itself but that it was somehow made to be important and worth its own chapter. If he just mentioned it alongside his traitor explanation it would've been easier to accept

Angry Grimace

So Negima is coming back in some sort of one-shot...which is random since it already has a sequel that's still running.

Fwiw I'm very glad you summarize what happens in Fuuka so I can enjoy the mess without having to actually read it ��

Well yeah, but that's because nobody actually reads it other than me and like one other dude and just reacting to it alone doesn't give any context but there's a lot of people who vaguely know what the plot is.

jbug617

Banned
A Silent Voice Vol 2-7

I couldn't stop reading after each volume. I had to find out what happened. To build friendships based on their own selfish reasons to destroying that once the motives got out there. It tooking Shoya almost dying for him to see that he just wanted to hangout with these people and not expect anything in return.

There are somethings I wanted to see happen at the end but it did leave a satisfying ending. I hoped there was going to be a conversation between Shoya and Kei/Kazuki to get some kind of closure. I guess them saving his life and working on the movie was their closure for what happened in elementary school.

My favorite character in the series had to be Yuzuru.

Not a fan of Miki and Naoka.

At the end they left to get married right?

I need to see this movie, hopefully someone will license it for NA.

Any other manga sort of like this I should read next?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
There's really nothing like A Silent Voice.

Wandering Son might come close but it's very plodding and less plot driven.

Top Bottom