• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT2| It's 98 All Over Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else have crazy issues following the love note down the river?

It got stuck under this big enemy structure where there was crazy fast current. I died a few times, luckily I didn't have to restart the quest. Eventually I just got super frustrated and threw a bomb at the blockage and it worked! I was sure it was gonna destroy the barrel.

Or you could just pick it up and carry it the whole way like I did.

Only 16 shrines left to find... i have visisted everything... guess i have to stalk some npc so tehy can gave me quest for secret shrines!

mr.beers

Maybe this is a general Switch question but my profile isn't showing time played on Zelda it only shows I played for 7 days.

Also will I still be able to play in my current world even after the credits?

Jetman

Either that one or the downfall timeline.

It's
so far in the future it's hard to say for sure, but I'm seeing some people say it's in the downfall timeline for some reason.

I don't think it particularly matters. Much like the timeline in general lol.

Oh wow. Alright. So it's still in dispute, huh? No glaring indication, town, or other reference in-game to point to a definitive timeline? Interesting. Especially with all of the "hints" Aonuma was giving over the last year or so.

ckaneo

Maybe this is a general Switch question but my profile isn't showing time played on Zelda it only shows I played for 7 days.

Also will I still be able to play in my current world even after the credits?
To the 2nd question, yes. You get a star acknowledging you beat the game and your completion percentage unlocks, but you still end up at the save point before you fight the boss.

KHlover

Banned
It's a single cutscene and it's understandable why she acts that way.

Yeah. Once you've actually seen all the memories you'll just want to hug her :(

Actually you'll want to hug all the characters. Except Falco and the king. Fuck them.

ckaneo

Oh wow. Alright. So it's still in dispute, huh? No glaring indication, town, or other reference in-game to point to a definitive timeline? Interesting. Especially with all of the "hints" Aonuma was giving over the last year or so.
In true Zelda fashion it has all those things from multiple timelines.

KayMote

Guys, I need some advice fore Hestu's location. I think this time he really headed for the Korok forest which I understood is his final location.

I can't see the Korok forest anywhere on my map, so I assume it's somewhere up in the very north which I haven't explored yet. My question is: Korok Forest isn't the same as the
Lost Woods
right? Because of reasons of my own emotional build up I wanted to get the
Master Sword
as the very last thing on my journey. So basically my question is: can I get to Hestu before entering
Lost Woods
?

Red

The first guardhouse is incredibly frustrating with only three hearts. I can get this green son of a bitch down to about a third of his health but I get crushed right after.

Stupid skulls out of nowhere fuuuuuuuuu

Guys, I need some advice fore Hestu's location. I think this time he really headed for the Korok forest which I understood is his final location.

I can't see the Korok forest anywhere on my map, so I assume it's somewhere up in the very north which I haven't explored yet. My question is: Korok Forest isn't the same as the
Lost Woods
Master Sword
as the very last thing on my journey. So basically my question is: can I get to Hestu before entering
Lost Woods
?

No, that's where he is.

Pbae

I've been playing since launch and I've barely touched the main story line.

It's just a wondrous experience all around that I never expected Nintendo of all companies to create, especially for an established pillar like Zelda.

This is the first Zelda game I actually want to finish (or not finish because the exploration and world is AMAZING!).

Everything seems so polished. Like, you'll enter an area that is just yards of fields but even in that vast emptiness there are creatures to collect, puzzles you might have missed on the ground level, dynamic weather patterns that change the atmosphere of said plains.

AND IT'S ON A HANDHELD!

I think I might be in the minority but I don't like riding horses though. Always on my feet, climbing things.

KHlover

Banned

Lost Woods
Master Sword
Lost Woods
?

You can encounter him once more at a certain stable, but once he leaves there you won't see him again until you get the Master Sword.

Is it not possible to start a fire in the rain? I don't understand what I'm doing wrong here, but it will not light. Using a claymore to try to get it going.

Berordn

Is it not possible to start a fire in the rain? I don't understand what I'm doing wrong here, but it will not light. Using a claymore to try to get it going.

If you're in the downpour it won't light, as should be expected.

If you find a sheltered spot you can still make your own campfires.

Epcott

Damnit!

I don't want to target anything from the Hyrule Compedium anymore so my shrine sensor works again, but I can't find a way to turn it off for objects so it can resume sensing shrines :(

They really should have included an instruction guide for these sort of things.

nope, you can't

That wouldn't work in real life....

In anycase no its not possible unless you find cover.

If you're in the downpour it won't light, as should be expected.

If you find a sheltered spot you can still make your own campfires.

Of course not, this isn't skyrim. :D

Try finding a rock you can hide under.

Haha thanks for all the replies! I feel like a bit of a fool now, but hey, best to know with certainty. Thanks again, everyone!

ckaneo

Damnit!

I don't want to target anything from the Hyrule Compedium anymore so my shrine sensor works again, but I can't find a way to turn it off for objects so it can resume sensing shrines :(

Press the sheikah slate button, go to the map screen, and press y o think

Thud

Damnit!

Go to map, press y for sheikah sensor, chose shrine.

Damnit!

Open up your map, tap the button prompt to manage the sensor (forget which button this is [edit: Y button]), and choose the option that lets you search for shrines again.

jonjonaug

Damn, I really need those weapon slots, but I don't feel quite ready to enter it.

You don't really need to worry so much about that, minor spoiler:
You can't pull out the Master Sword without having a certain number of heart containers, you're not supposed to get it as soon as you see it.

KLoWn

Holy shit! The fight against
Ganon
(<-- do I need to spoiler this?) was fuckin epic.

Even though the framerate was kinda shite at times, this is easily a 10/10 game.

Well done Nintendo, well done.

kunonabi

The special weapons seem pretty rare from the Link Amiibo. Not seen Sword from 8-bit link but when I was trying for the white tights of windiness I got the WW Boomerang like 4 times in a row.

I didn't even know Ganondorf gave a weapon until I saw that image list (and then got it the first time I used it after seeing that).

It's pretty crazy. It's almost like they expect you to save scum.

Sheroking

My Zelda progress-o-meter:

48.1 hours played.
3/4 Great Beasts
60/120 Shrines
81/900 Koroks found
Got the Master Sword
5/12 memories
36/83 creatures in compendium
46/78 monsters in compendium
30/36 materials in compendium
86/184 equipment in compendium
4/4 treasures in compendium

Doopliss

With all the talk of performance between versions and modes, why have I never seen it mentioned that the game uses dynamic resolution in portable mode?

Bit smudged, between Switch and Imgur compression, but it should still be apparent: http://imgur.com/a/zoOeW

NewGame

Banned
Mipha's the worst fucking character in the game.

Y'all going nuts for an aquatic loli. smfh.

She's voiced by a lobotomized brain in a jar and her dialogue was written by a 14 year old

"my healing will heal you like a healing river of healing heals"

BEST WAIFU 2017

Midas

After finishing the game, there's one thing in particular that I don't like and that is that all the of the game's bosses are so easy? It's easier getting killed in the wild.

It's almost impossible to die on a boss
when you have the "self res" you get from one of the divine beasts
and you can have so many items on you that you can refill your life forever while even pausing to do so. Of course, I could resist and not do it, but the option is there...

Epcott

Go to map, press y for sheikah sensor, chose shrine.

Press the sheikah slate button, go to the map screen, and press y o think

Open up your map, tap the button prompt to manage the sensor (forget which button this is [edit: Y button]), and choose the option that lets you search for shrines again.

Thank you guys!

You wouldn't believe how long I've been running around trying to fix that.

Robiin

This game is godlike.

I was loving it before but when I discovered and eventually beat (exploration sidequest location)
Eventide Island
something just clicked.

Ever since then, which was a combination of yesterday evening and today morning, I have been enjoying the game an insane amount. Like, probably more than any game ever to be honest. I can see the flaws too - the (random event)
Blood Moon
glitch hit me and drove me crazy before it solved itself, inventory management is a mess at times, the framerate drops like crazy in certain spots, the horses control poorly when the game can't decide if it wants to be The Last Guardian or Zelda, and sometimes I just want to skip past the rainy weather - but Breath of the Wild makes an overall impression that is phenomenal. It comes together in a way that feels like magic.

Right now I'm heading towards (northeastern mainquest location)
Zora's Domain
and I can't put my smile away. I was thinking that if I was a kid, this game would be my life. As it is, I have a full time job, a girlfriend and a dog - yet I have somehow managed to play 25 hours in four days. It sucks away time in a way that no other open world game has ever done to me. A wonderful game, and I am so happy to know that I have so much more to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom