• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 3 [Mafia] | Welcome to Lynchwood Acres

Ourobolus

Banned
FINAL DAY 4 VOTE COUNT

acohrs (8)
flatearthpandas 2750
stanleypalmtree 2793
franconp 3018
wherearemahdragonz 3032
kawl_usc 3100
theworthyedge 3198 (3241)
sorian 3200 (3222)
gorlak 3223
acohrs 3247
kyanrute 3248

sorian (5)
faddy 2903
theworthyedge 3130 (3184)
acohrs 3134 (3225)
swamped 3139
bronx-man 3189 (3220)
*splinter 3193
ccs 3197
theworthyedge 3241

theworthyedge (2)
sorian 2910 (2994)
swamped 3076 (3083)
sorian 3116 (3200)
bronx-man 3220
sorian 3222
acohrs 3225 (3247)
kyanrute 3226 (3248)

*splinter (0)
swamped 2783 (3073)

swamped (0)
theworthyedge 2791 (3123)
*splinter 2898 (3193)

faddy (0)
ccs 2816 (3095)
sorian 2994 (3116)
acohrs 3023 (3121)

gorlak (0)
kawl_usc 2835 (3100)

bronx-man (0)
kyanrute 2911 (2977)

Ourobolus

Banned
DAY 4 ENDS

Music wafted softly throughout the air, the Neil Diamond cover band singing their sweet songs from atop the stage in the Lynchwood Acres ballroom. The seniors held each other in their arms, swaying back and forth, but not too much, lest the Incident of 2036 occur again in which 70 people lost their lives in an unfortunate hip-replacement-screw-turned-bullet accident.

acohrs, whose eyesight had been failing him in his later years, shuffled slowly around the floor, while his partner, an anemic coat rack, followed his lead obediently. The moved towards the center of the ballroom, where a disco ball hung overhead, projecting a spinning array of lights around the room. The Administration had pulled it out of storage the night before, replacing the fraying metal strand that connected it to the motor with bits of string they had found in their pockets. A stray breeze would probably cause it come crashing down, but the staff had assured The Administrator that the possibility of that was minimal, at best, on par with the rate of Heart Disease as a cause of death.

They continued their dance under the disco ball, oblivious to the world around them, when suddenly a naked Irishman burst through the doors from the outside, screaming something about Dublin and Brexit, before running around the room, sniffing the bottoms of every person in sight.

acorhs chuckled to himself, "Ah...we will do that, won't we?"

A scream came from behind him as the Irish bottom-sniffer scared a Swamped who was just trying to toke up to help her with her glaucoma, and she began to topple.

The Administrator gasped, shouting, "NO NO NO NO NO NOT AGAIN!"

There was a pop, and Swamped crumpled to the floor, but not before a small screw from her hip implant fired from her side and into the brain matter of acohrs.

The disco ball shone brightly.

The coat rack whimpered, before sauntering off in search of a new partner.

acohrs has died!

acohrs said:
Good morning to another wonderful day at Lynchwood Acres!

It appears you are...flatearthpandas, and you are an Ordinary Resident. That means that while do not have any special abilities, your vote counts just as much as that know-it-all Sorian down the hall! You are aligned with The Retirees (TOWN).

We've got all sorts of activities planned for you today, so I hope you can attend! I've heard rumblings that some of the staff have been getting a little...disgruntled as of late and have been taking out their frustrations on the poor, poor retirees. If you could help us figure out which ones, I'd appreciate it!

You win when all threats to The Retirees have been eliminated.

Good luck!

Night 4 Ends:
blu_1489870800.png

REMINDER: NIGHT PHASE IS 24 HOURS LONG

acohrs

DAY 4 ENDS

Music wafted softly throughout the air, the Neil Diamond cover band singing their sweet songs from atop the stage in the Lynchwood Acres ballroom. The seniors held each other in their arms, swaying back and forth, but not too much, lest the Incident of 2036 occur again in which 70 people lost their lives in an unfortunate hip-replacement-screw-turned-bullet accident.

Acohrs, whose eyesight had been failing him in his later years, shuffled slowly around the floor, while his partner, an anemic coat rack, followed his lead obediently. The moved towards the center of the ballroom, where a disco ball hung overhead, projecting a spinning array of lights around the room. The Administration had pulled it out of storage the night before, replacing the fraying metal strand that connected it to the motor with bits of string they had found in their pockets. A stray breeze would probably cause it come crashing down, but the staff had assured The Administrator that the possibility of that was minimal, at best, on par with the rate of Heart Disease as a cause of death.

They continued their dance under the disco ball, oblivious to the world around them, when suddenly a naked Irishman burst through the doors from the outside, screaming something about Dublin and Brexit, before running around the room, sniffing the bottoms of every person in sight.

Acorhs chuckled to himself, "Ah...we will do that, won't we?"

A scream came from behind him as the Irish bottom-sniffer scared a Swamped who was just trying to toke up to help her with her glaucoma, and she began to topple.

The Administrator gasped, shouting, "NO NO NO NO NO NOT AGAIN!"

There was a pop, and Swamped crumpled to the floor, but not before a small screw from her hip implant fired from her side and into the brain matter of acohrs.

The disco ball shone brightly.

The coat rack whimpered, before sauntering off in search of a new partner.

acohrs has died!

Night 4 Ends:
blu_1489870800.png

REMINDER: NIGHT PHASE IS 24 HOURS LONG

You were doing so well too until then! Good luck town!

Ourobolus

Banned
DAY 5 BEGINS

After cleaning up the mess from last night's ballroom fiasco, The Administrator decided to go for a walk around the grounds. He needed to clear his head. Unfortunately, his plan to get the retirees to help him sniff out the rogue staff had gone horribly awry. He was getting rather tired with having to spend each day writing up letters to the next of kin, alerting them, in gruesome detail, to the events that led up to their demise.

As he strolled outside into the front lawn, he heard a rustling in the bushes. He called out, "Is someone there?"

He approached the shrubs, and suddenly a figure leapt out of the underbrush and began running jogging toddling off into the darkness.

"Hey, stop!" The Administrator yelled, and took off after the figure. Like an LA car chase happening in ultra-slow motion, he gave chase. Twenty feet later, he heard a beep from his wrist, and realized his pacemaker was having trouble keeping up with his sudden burst spike slight increase in energy. He breathed heavily as he watched the shadowy person disappear into the black. He turned back to the bush and gasped at the horrific scene.

Sorian and Bronx-Man have died!

Sorian said:

It appears you are…FluxWaveZ, and you are a Ham Radio Enthusiast, or to put it another way, a Message Sender. khhk...Breaker, Breaker, come in! You never really got along with the other retirees, instead choosing to take comfort in your antiquated ham radio. You spend your nights attached to the receiver, talking to whomever will listen, while you pick at the little bits of pudding still remaining in your cup from dinner.

Each night you may PM the moderator the command IS ANYONE OUT THERE: <player> to send them a message. The message may be up to 500 characters in length, and can be about whatever you want, as long as it adheres to the game rules (e.g., no copy/paste of role PM).

You can also vote! Hooray!

You are aligned with The Retirees (TOWN).

Good luck!

Bronx-Man said:

It appears you are…Natiko, and you are a Pain Medication Hoarder, or to put it another way, a 2-Shot, Ascetic Poison Doctor. After many years of excruciating pain caused from a horrible accident involving a cucumber (several times), you’ve taken to sneaking pills from the nurses and hiding them in your Licensed Disney Princess Jewelry Chest. You’re not above a little charity here and there, though, so you help out your fellow retirees when they need it.

Twice, during the night phase (once per night), you may visit a fellow player that has been poisoned, and give them pain medication to help them survive. You must do this the night after they have been poisoned. You are also Ascetic, and thus cannot be targeted by anything other than a night kill.

You can also vote! Hooray!

You are aligned with The Retirees (TOWN).

Good luck!

Day 5 Ends:
red_1490043600.png

Majority is 7.

well, shit.

so first off, sorry about missing day end, thought i would be awake for it, turns out satying up stupidly late to ramble about samurai jack makes it hard to wake up early.

anyway.

vote: achors

can this happen already?

Splinter explained his vote for Sorian and I follow he logic. Plus his claim is believable and I find it unlikely that he claimed to protect Faddy, in the scenario that they are scum mates.

I don't get Swamped's fixation with Sorian, knowing now that he is town for a cerntainty.

TWE is all over the place. Burb is nowhere to be seen. Both extremely worrying.

Stanley are you ok?

Top pick today is Swamped or TWE. I think Gorlak is town and I'm null on everyone else. Except splinter and faddy

franconp

We lost Sorian and Bronx?

Weird that either Faddy or Splinter haven't been hit.

I'm surprised that Acohrs wasn't scum, he was my biggest scum read.

There was no neutral so far. Could be there is none in this game?

My main suspect are TWE (I wasn't around near the deadline yesterday so I couldn't change my vote but TWE was really scummy, he was all over the place) and Burb (he's been a non presence all the game, really non commital and last day he completly dissapeared). The rest I don't know. I have to reread. Acohrs being town change various things to me.

Swamped

Banned
Damn. I really really was convinced Sorian was Scum. I was going to start by voting for him lol. Really sorry Sorian.

Splinter is likely town. So is Faddy. Scum is of the coasting variety in this game. Let's say 4 scum left, one poisoner. Only 13 people left. I think that's two mislynches, if only one death a night from here on?

because right now my biggest scum reads are burb and CCS.

i dont think anything CCS could say at this point will change my mind. burb on the other hand i really want to hear anything from.

So Acohrs flipping town didn't do anything to update your read on CCS?

Damn. I really really was convinced Sorian was Scum. I was going to start by voting for him lol. Really sorry Sorian.

Splinter is likely town. So is Faddy. Scum is of the coasting variety in this game. Let's say 4 scum left, one poisoner. Only 13 people left. I think that's two mislynches, if only one death a night from here on?

So Acohrs flipping town didn't do anything to update your read on CCS?

nope, iv said since the start of this game that i think 1 or both are likely scum.

Swamped

Banned
Splinter explained his vote for Sorian and I follow he logic. Plus his claim is believable and I find it unlikely that he claimed to protect Faddy, in the scenario that they are scum mates.

I don't get Swamped's fixation with Sorian, knowing now that he is town for a cerntainty.

TWE is all over the place. Burb is nowhere to be seen. Both extremely worrying.

Stanley are you ok?

Top pick today is Swamped or TWE. I think Gorlak is town and I'm null on everyone else. Except splinter and faddy

What about my explanation of my swerve to Sorian did you not understand? I thought i made my reasoning pretty clear. You followed Splinter's logic, which was that he assumed the message he got was from scum.

---

I'm just wondering - why kill Sorian, who admittedly had a useless role - instead of Splinter (kind of cop) or Faddy (confirmed town)?

---

I'm definitely wary of Drunk Stan.

But i was thinking about CCS as he has been a bit of a blind spot, and I'm clearly looking in the wrong places. Remember back on D2 he claimed Vanilla townie after one vote? Then he said it was a gambit. What if he felt pressured as a nervous scum? I'll look through his most recent posts again.

Dragonz, remind me of your latest read on CCS?

What about my explanation of my swerve to Sorian did you not understand? I thought i made my reasoning pretty clear. You followed Splinter's logic, which was that he assumed the message he got was from scum.

---

I'm just wondering - why kill Sorian, who admittedly had a useless role - instead of Splinter (kind of cop) or Faddy (confirmed town)?

---

I'm definitely wary of Drunk Stan.

But i was thinking about CCS as he has been a bit of a blind spot, and I'm clearly looking in the wrong places. Remember back on D2 he claimed Vanilla townie after one vote? Then he said it was a gambit. What if he felt pressured as a nervous scum? I'll look through his most recent posts again.

Dragonz, remind me of your latest read on CCS?

Im less concerned about your apparent "swerve", which I understand, and more concerned about this:

My main reason for leaving town on Sorian was because of his early vote on Blarg on D3. But thinking about it town or scum Sorian could have done that.

Also, scum sending a message to their scum mate on N1 is not out of the realm of possibility, to check flavor etc.

I'm more convinced than ever that this is the right move.

It's all speculation. And something about it doesn't sit right with me, especially the last line. How exactly does a "what if" scenario on someone we now know as town equate to "I'm absolutely positive about this"?

Now that we know Acorn is town I don't really know what to think about CCS. I still slightly lean scum because of the lack of commital on his votes and his weak reasoning, but I feel like looking back on his patterns will be helpful.

Swamped

Banned
Im less concerned about your apparent "swerve", which I understand, and more concerned about this:

It's all speculation. And something about it doesn't sit right with me, especially the last line. How exactly does a "what if" scenario on someone we now know as town equate to "I'm absolutely positive about this"?

Now that we know Acorn is town I don't really know what to think about CCS. I still slightly lean scum because of the lack of commital on his votes and his weak reasoning, but I feel like looking back on his patterns will be helpful.

The sad thing is i was absolutely convinced. I may as well be honorary scum

Burbeting

Banned
Hey,

I'm really sorry about my inactivity so far, life keeps getting in the way. Right decisions would be drop from the game, but that would be shitty for my possible replacement.

I'll be back asap.

franconp

Hey,

I'm really sorry about my inactivity so far, life keeps getting in the way. Right decisions would be drop from the game, but that would be shitty for my possible replacement.

I'll be back asap.

Burb, any kind of reads?

I'm going to be honest, your inactivity is worrying me. Give me something to think you may be town.

franconp

How is Faddy a confirmed town if Splinter is not a confirmed cop?

I'm leaning to believe Splinter but that doesn't mean I can take something as confirmed until a flip.

Vote: Acohrs

Was going to do this anyway, but Stan made it better. Also, i really laughed when i saw his flip. Trying to earn that heater told for gafia 4 i guess

Also I'm hung over shit, have work soon, and a drinking party after so i won't really be active until part 2 of this day pass. But are in terrible. Town v town v town v town. We're doing bad. We need to hit scum and my vote list is useless this game. Gotta shake stuff up today.

franconp

Also I'm hung over shit, have work soon, and a drinking party after so i won't really be active until part 2 of this day pass. But are in terrible. Town v town v town v town. We're doing bad. We need to hit scum and my vote list is useless this game. Gotta shake stuff up today.

Who are your main suspects today?

And top towns?

I have said I was worried about burb but you activity has been really low too FEP. There's a bit more content than burb but not really much.

You have been tunneling on Acohrs since you got in the game. Acohrs is a gone, who are your other suspects?

CCS

Banned
Still scum reading WAMD, Stan and TWE. Can we please lynch one of them? Only one of my scum reads has been lynched so far :p

Top Bottom