• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

One Piece Ch862: Not sure how I felt about that mini flashback, just felt a little cheap and unearned. Not that it's contents weren't substantial, just... it didn't have the weight I'd hoped it would if 'it' was going to happen.

In other news Sanji was being a badass, he really seems to have a nack for his 'Observation Haki' as he was
out reading people who can see ahead into the future.
To suitable aclame and bewilderment from everyone involved.

What a neglectful boyfriend he is!

Talking of neglectful boyfriends... I just started reading Kanojo Wa Uso Wo Aishisugiteru again, and boy! Did I forget how strange the start of it all is. I mean they start dating due to him lying, after he was screaming aloud how he should've just got his cheating superstar of an ex pregnant. And that would of stopped her cheating, somehow. Then there's the whole virgin conversation he was with his new girlfriend, which he lies through the entire thing. Did I mention she's in highschool and he's like twenty-five. Did I mention he doesn't actually care for her at this point, he just wanted to get away from 'the industry'.

But hey, I'm reading if for the second time, so there must be something appealing about all of this, right?

EDIT: I even forgot the 'scared of songs' rubbish! You're a multi-award winning composer, you lying [Indeterminable Screaming]!

Zweizer

Banned
Talking of neglectful boyfriends... I just started reading Kanojo Wa Uso Wo Aishisugiteru again, and boy! Did I forget how strange the start of it all is. I mean they start dating due to him lying, after he was screaming aloud how he should've just got his cheating superstar of an ex pregnant. And that would of stopped her cheating, somehow. Then there's the whole virgin conversation he was with his new girlfriend, which he lies through the entire thing. Did I mention she's in highschool and he's like twenty-five. Did I mention he doesn't actually care for her at this point, he just wanted to get away from 'the industry'.

But hey, I'm reading if for the second time, so there must be something appealing about all of this, right?

Is this a Seo manga?

Is this a Seo manga?

No, AOKI Kotomi, but it does seem cut from the same vain. I'd also like to add everything mentioned above happens in the first three, three! chapters.At least Seo winds up to his level of nonsense, but this one started fullbore.

I'd like to point out it does (if I'm remembering correctly) become more of a standard Shoujo by the chapter 10 mark, with love triangles and the rest of that rubbish.
I only read it originally because of the music side of the manga, which I feel is greatly underused. I guess this is what I get when I trust a robot to recommend me something similar to Skip Beat!

Lain

wonzo is unfiltered as fuck, and has no patience for series he dislikes, which most of the time are generic, unimaginative shit, or are from less than respectable authors (seriously, ask him about his opinion of Isayama about his denial of Japanese war crimes), but he's great at finding and suggesting little-known series and forgotten old gems, with unusual art and premises.

Not a poster you'd want to hang around with if you didn't have a thicker skin concerning series you like, of course.

Lucky for you he got sick of GAF and mostly sticks to Twitter now.

Wonzo is great, his departure from GAF was a loss for us.

Zweizer

Banned
One Piece ch862

Laying the framework for Pudding as nakama?

Jinbei having to eat his words was pretty hilarious, and finally Sanji gets to shine.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa ch165

Of course they get coached by the least competent of them all at being a devil.

Youkai Shoujo - Monsuga ch98

Predictable outcome, with a little redemption revelation thrown in the mix.

Grand Blue 34

Yea i still think that Iori got this. Bonus if they get another member out of it.

Also is it weird i'm now skeptical of these rather normal first impressions in this manga?

The only reason I post more modern, ongoing or new manga discoveries is simply because the resources and accessibility for those series are much easier and available for myself and other people. It's significantly easier for me to find a series that came out in 2009 than a random not popular one from 1976. My attention is just much more directed to stuff people might be able to actually read and find. It's pretty easy for someone to find a copy of Tezuka work but good luck finding anything for "Unnatural Libido Titty McGillicutty-chan" which sold 500 volumes in 1312.

Speaking of which, more of you need to read Beastars.

Speaking of which, Kasane is really good. Good looking out Semblance.

If you wanna talk about a series, talk about a damn series. If nobody else joins the discussion about it, oh well, keep talking about. Think how many damn posts of mine I spend decades on that just get lost to the ether, but I don't get mopey no one patted my back and said I was really insightful and wonderful. Most of the time at least >____>

It depends which posters~

Rude.

cntr

Banned
If you wanna talk about a series, talk about a damn series. If nobody else joins the discussion about it, oh well, keep talking about. Think how many damn posts of mine I spend decades on that just get lost to the ether, but I don't get mopey no one patted my back and said I was really insightful and wonderful. Most of the time at least >____>
I don't comment on them much, but your posts are consistently pretty great.

and I always save the recommendations for later

Zweizer

Banned

Rude.

I can pet your head every time you write a detailed review if you want~

It's pretty safe to say that more than one of us know that feel, lol.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki

The new world order of professional cooking brother

Zweizer

Banned
Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san ch52

Actively sabotaging him isn't fair, but then again there was no way he'd be allowed to win such a bet considering the stakes.

My Hero Academia ch134

So was the quirk-disabling drug permanent or not?

Shokugeki no Soma ch211

So they're Michelin inspectors?

One Piece

I knew Sanji was going to compliment her eye but I never knew
it would be after we learnt pudding was sinister or that she was bullied because of it

caliph95

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san ch52

Actively sabotaging him isn't fair, but then again there was no way he'd be allowed to win such a bet considering the stakes.

My Hero Academia ch134

So was the quirk-disabling drug permanent or not?

Shokugeki no Soma ch211

So they're Michelin inspectors?

Seems it's permanent at least for now

Poor suneater he was cool character

Qvoth

very lttp but bleach last 100+ chapters
uhhhh i think the final battle could've benefited from 2-3 more chapters
wtzgU.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I will say I'm a little meh on how they got to the tasting part of of Nene v. Soma. Soma almost has to win, but winning against a legitimate Soba expert by "being creative" would be just dumb. They really will need to explain how Isshiki stacked the deck for Soma if they want this to not come off as contrived.

kasane

Honestly tosh and co is in a hole by how they presented the elite 10 and shit.

Inb4 his dads secret teachings comes yo surface

Angry Grimace

Honestly tosh and co is in a hole by how they presented the elite 10 and shit.

Inb4 his dads secret teachings comes yo surface

I mean, the problem is that this whole group battle basically requires the entire Elite 10 to do the job. You either introduce more characters to beat up or the series ends in supremely unsatisfying fashion (which I would consider a highly unlikely outcome given the sales figures for WSJ series).

kasane

I mean, the problem is that this whole group battle basically requires the entire Elite 10 to do the job. You either introduce more characters to beat up or the series ends in supremely unsatisfying fashion (which I would consider a highly unlikely outcome given the sales figures for WSJ series).

Yeah they put themselves in a hole by actually picking soba.

Elite ten would be glorified jobbers unless theres another big bad

Zweizer

Banned
Worst Goddess in the World (One-shot) by Imura Ei

People are generally not as admirable as they may seem, especially when you tend to put them on a pedestal, but at least these two have more in common than they think. Without a doubt theirs is a long-lasting healthy and balanced relationship~

kasane

imagine french shokugeki characters

theyre gonna be pretenious pricks and put down all other kinds of cuisine

not far off from real life
anuxi_rum.gif

Top Bottom