• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaman Legends 3 announced for the 3DS

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
mml3_1285741613.jpg

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/09/28/mega-man-legends-3-announced-for-nintendo-3ds/

Straight from Capcom, we have confirmation of Mega Man Legends 3 for Nintendo 3DS. While they didn’t share too many details, Capcom’s U.S. division posted the following on Twitter:

“While we can’t get into too many details, we can say that fans will have an opportunity to be part of the dev process like never before as they interact directly with the team! How exactly? You’ll have to stay tuned for more news at NYCC (New York Comic-Con).”

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Such a hurry to make the thread that you misspelled the name of the game, nice job! :lol

Very excited, about damn time, etc.

Momo said:
who's leading development?
I read Inafune said that he's doing it, and that he's devoting most of his time to it, as it egends is a series very dear to him.

Edit: Via this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep-J6aMSNFo
Inafune said:
Hello, I am Inafune.
Finally we are announcing a sequel to the Rockman DASH!
I am sure many of you were waiting for this, but no one has been waiting for this project as much as I have.
I really, really wanted to make it, but the previous title just didn’t sell, and as a company that makes it extremely difficult to proceed.
At times I wasn’t sure myself if we could do it, but now I am filled with courage and really getting into this project.
I have been dreaming about making DASH 3 for so long that it may just burn out.
But, I am making sure we properly make this an amazing title, and I personally intend to take part in this title more than any other game right now.
I hope you are all excited about DASH 3.
“What happened since DASH 2?” is something I want you all to think about. Of course, I intend to have all that written into the game.
Also, we are taking on the challenge of making a new game. I will talk about the details at a later date.
We are not simply creating DASH 3, but we are creating a game that everyone will be able to enjoy, so please wait for more details.
From me, a very, very happy Inafune. Thank you very much!

Fan input?
Really not a good idea Capcom. You use fan input to tell you that giving DMC to Ninja Theory is wrong, not to help you develop games.

Wallach

ULTROS! said:
“While we can’t get into too many details, we can say that fans will have an opportunity to be part of the dev process like never before as they interact directly with the team! How exactly? You’ll have to stay tuned for more news at NYCC (New York Comic-Con).”

Wonder what this means. Sounds scary.

3DS really is going to be the Dreamcast portable. I can't believe how many great games are gonna be on this thing. It even has the power to revive beloved and long lost franchises. Damn, I feel like a kid again.

Rpgmonkey

I would've totally flipped out like I said I would in that "Capcom has two new announcements" thread if this were announced, but I already did while GAF was dead. :lol

Plus Breath of Fire VI didn't join this announcement. :(

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Hope this sells a shit ton and they give us a Mega Man Legends 4 on Wii HD or ps3/360/ps4/720.

I want the series to last, assuming they can do a good story line.

They need to but the other games on the 3DS or consoles too.

ChazAshley

Gold Member
AWESOME...how long has it been???? But the fan input thing.... Hopefully its just which characters they want to see again or something..

Bububuttt. MEGAMAN LEGENDS 3!!!!!

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I never played the first two but i have to say its really nice to see it announced. It makes me happy to see such a dedicated and patient fanbase to get thrown a bone when everything seemed so hopeless. I hope they release the first two on PSN so i can join in on this party.

I'm hoping it's not some sort of thing where Capcom gives the fans two options and has them vote for the one to be included in the game. That will just ostracize people.

jarosh

inafune says they want the fans to be involved in the development of the game and since this particular "feature" will be talked about more at the comic con in ny, i'm sure this is part of his new and misguided approach to heavily westernize all of capcom's properties. i really don't know how he came to the conclusion that each and every one of capcom's failures can be traced back to not catering enough to the western market. it's bizarre.

either way, letting the fans have a say in the development of the game sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.

duckroll

The director of this game is Masakazu Eguchi. He's the scenario writer for the Megaman Battle Network games, and the director of Megaman Star Force 2.

duckroll said:
The director of this game is Masakazu Eguchi. He's the scenario writer for the Megaman Battle Network games, and the director of Megaman Star Force 2.

Uh oh. As much as I liked the BN games the writing for them was atrocious. Granted, the games were most likely aimed for middle schoolers, but still.

Eternal_0

This news is so beautiful! Although you know that between this and Duke Nukem Forever coming out, the world is gonna end. :lol

But it's gonna be AMAZING! :D

Top Bottom