• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaman Legends 3 announced for the 3DS

wwm0nkey

For an alpha build with incomplete textures and ect its not looking terrible

Also since the site is getting an overhaul I think we are in for a good announcement here soon.

SwiftSketcher said:
Explain yourself. Now.
Both games (Sonic Adventure/MML) have:
- Terrible Controls
- Terrible Camera
- Completely uninteresting level design/dungeon design in MML's case
- Completely uninteresting overworld
- Way too much focus on storyline/cutscenes which are completely embarassing to watch
- Graphics which were impressive for their respective systems at the time but have aged like shit

Most of all, they both only resemble the series that they're based on on the most basic level (Sonic runs fast! Mega Man can jump and shoot!) and then decided that was good enough to appease fans of the originals and designed a clumsy, borderline broken game around that.

Note: I am still anticipating MML3 since I have faith that Capcom can make it much better now than they did on the PSX 12 years ago.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
nincompoop said:
- Terrible Controls
- Terrible Camera
- Way too much focus on storyline/cutscenes which are completely embarassing to watch
- Graphics which were impressive for their respective systems at the time but have aged like shit

Most of all, they both only resemble the series that they're based on on the most basic level (Sonic runs fast! Mega Man can jump and shoot!) and then decided that was good enough to appease fans of the originals and designed a clumsy, borderline broken game around that.

Note: I am still anticipating MML3 since I have faith that Capcom can make it much better now than they did on the PSX 12 years ago.

Okay, someone really begs for some whipping.

Nekofrog

Banned
nincompoop said:
- Terrible Controls
- Terrible Camera

Wow you're wrong on almost every single point for MML.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
jarosh said:
it's telling that that's the only thing you highlighted. lol.

Well to be honest the camera and controls in MML1 was really shitty but L2 fixed those two. The rest seems subjective but I thought the cutscenes were fine and the graphics were charming.

However, saying that 1 and 2 have "dull" overworlds is a wrong thing to say! Don't make my avatar do something bad to you!!!

shaowebb

duckroll said:
The director of this game is Masakazu Eguchi. He's the scenario writer for the Megaman Battle Network games, and the director of Megaman Star Force 2.

Why you do this thing? I was happy and then you pooped on my joy. Why you poo?

Zen

Banned
nincompoop said:
- Terrible Controls
- Terrible Camera

A game series that was on the PS1 and came out a decade ago has aged, you don't say? Legends had great stories, characters, and overall gameplay for their time. If the games weren't good they wouldn't have this sort of following among MM fans, so kindly refrain from making an ass out of yourself.

About the only fault in the MML2 overworld was how small it was.

Top Bottom