• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

cLOUDo

We should get it the 22nd.
Officially on the 26th for a much better translation.

Yes!
y2WO-76fYhDK6nK8rLGArgErKm5.gif

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Cross Account

FUCKING NORMIES REEEEE
Jokes aside, that was a lot better than I thought.

Viz Shonen Jump 6/19/17

Cross Account

I was concerened when the series started with garbage fan service, but this one actually got me invested. I think the dynamic of the upcoming love triangle will be a lot of fun. My only concern is the series hasn't introduced poop head with our lead and childhood friend irl and I'm worried a romcom without a rival isn't going to catch on in Jump. This is way better then we never learn without question.

One Piece

Looks like Sanji's family is gonna be redeemed, liked the tease of pudding being jealous when Sanji saved Nami. Curious what the plan is for next week will they march out and prepare to fight or come up with a plan to run away.

My Hero Academia

Suneater doing work! I really enjoy the explanation of why Overhaul's men are so loyal to him. Overhaul has been a waaaaay better villain then shiragaki and it's sad to realize OH will likely be gone after this arc :|

Shudan

Exactly what I wanted in my soccer manga, sexual tension between 6th graders........

Black Clover

Watch Mimosa and Asta work as a team is fairly compelling. I assume next week xerx is gonna show up and destroy the crystal with some "I guess you two will be able to keep me entertained"

Promised Neverland

Our first sign of intelligent life that isn't a demon or one of the kids. Wonder if this cloaked figure is one of the demon's race unmasked, a human, or a 3rd race. That sword the demon had was fairly dope I hope it's not actually a sign of shonen shit to come.

We Never Learn

I wonder what bull shit the series is gonna pull to get us back to status quo. Fumino realizing Takemoto likes Yuiga and deducing Ogata is the one who likes Yuiga and kissed him really can't be status quo'd. It's weird it seems like Fumino has become the 3rd girl in the series and comes across more like the mutual friend of a harem girl and not one of the harem girls herself.

Food Wars

I'm going to

Jobber city
Jobber city here we cooooome!

Kuga is gonna fall here and get 'who did I beat again' so that Soma will get pissed and challengs Tsukasa with some "Kuga senpai is someone who is worthy of remembering and I'll make you remember him, me, and everyone else beneath you"

Dr Stone

Yoooooooo

This chapter was hype af

Comedy was on point, title drop was on point, and the gameplan for where the series goes is hype. Yuzuriha seems like she's gonna take on a massive role going forward as the brains behind team rebel spy.

Robot x Laserbeam

"Oh no robo your score isn't close for our deadline to take part in the practice match lets spend most of the chapter on this"
(Major antagonist/rival shows up)
'I wanna fight robo in the practice match'

So much for all that time wasted on if his score was good enough or not.

Kemono Jihen 1 - 3.5

Story about a half human detective who helps solve problems involving occult stuff. He meets another half human/demon in a rural village who ends up joining him. There's not many chapters yet, but so far I find it interesting.

also

Cross Account 1

Not bad, though maybe cause its relatable with the otaku lead and doesnt seem as dull and generic as We Never Learn.

I guess the actress is Poop head, was almost leaning towards the childhood friend as the person, but then saying his nickname ought to have caused a different reaction in text.

Also nice mentions of Naruto and HxH still as well as Kimetsu Yaiba. Why no BLack Clover love.
DCtFU9SWsAAIXtR.jpg:small

Shudan 2

Akira on a cover page already, not who I started this manga for. Hopefully next is better.

Fun chapter, Hope Soshi gets serious

Food wars

I think this chapter suggested and implied Kuga would win this time, while have the flashback to his previous forgettable loss if he wasnt going to show great improvement over it.

Opening intro moment was awesome as well as his moping around for a bit and quick bounce back to his usual self.

BLack Clover

Paralyze is too strong.

Fancolors

Uratarou 38
I honestly think they are gonna be friends by the end since ultimately both want to rebuild Chiyo and Uratarou himself is a lot more forgiving now.

upandaway

Hunter x Hunter reread 351-357

Shalnark seeing that stroll out of the bathroom is such a freaking insane moment. I'd be flipping out. The haymaker looked so painful dang. This batch of chapters was ridiculous. I love when how the whole match was Chrollo using the crowd as weapons but near the end he was just throwing them into him straight up haha. Using the sun stamp to keep the clones from deactivating is one of those genius creative usage of abilities that doesn't happen often even in this manga.

Gonna be interesting to see how Chrollo reacts to losing the two abilities, he should be able to understand what's happening (though I guess hisoka wasn't really trying to prevent that since he kept Machi alive). Also nice confirmation in the end that the Spiders are going on the boat, I honestly forgot about that and I didn't think they'd be joining on the boat arc. It's gonna be crazy if they do.

bigkrev

Shudan 2

Ah, yes, my favorite Manga about Magic the Gathering and Nintendo Switch.
This chapter was much more of what I was looking for from a new Yoko manga than the first chapter, and I really hope it continues to get translated.

Chase17

Cross Account 01
This seems solid. Bad look for those otakus lol. The anonymous friend is actually the exact person who they want to meet thing is common but still works. The whole mr. harmless/mr. harmful joke is funny. Already a lot of fanservice though. I'll be interested to see how the triangle develops. Wouldn't mind trading WNL for this.

One Piece 869
My biggest problem with the arc is germa 66 and seeing them be cool and suit up hasn't changed that. Hopefully they will prove interesting as the arc continues. Bege in trouble.

MHA 141
The art is usually so great in this series, but I had some trouble following it here. Anyways, I've really enjoyed this stretch of suneater chapters and surprised he got so many centered on him. I wonder if other characters will get this kind of treatment and this arc has a lot left, or it will just be suneater to set up whatever is going to happen with mirio.

Shudan! 02
The first chapter did something a bit out of the norm by having a lengthy match, but here we get something a little more standard by the end with Soshi committing to practice. I think that the jokes are pretty solid here, and the captain remains hilarious. Soshi trying to keep up his "cool" appearance was also good for a laugh. Soshi and Araki are both likable so far.

Black Clover 114
I still don't care for him but Xerx going full charizard is pretty good. Not really much to comment on here.

Promised Neverland 43
With Ray and Emma not able to lead the main group at the moment (and Ray to be gone for a while), I hope we get to learn more about the other kids. Although I guess the focus will be on the stranger. Ray's shift of attitude since the escape has been great.

WNL 17-18
Both pretty standard chapters for the series. I guess there is more continuity now?

Dr. Stone
Good chapter. The ending was pretty nice. Comedy faces are good. I wish we weren't already going back to Tsukasa but whatever. Guess you need some antagonistic force and it is too soon to throw another one in. It could still be a good bit until we see him again too.
Felt like we will be following Taiju/Yuzu now but maybe it will jump between. I'd like to see the Senku side soonish so more characters can be introduced (though it would make sense to build up Yuzuriha first).

So are we back to part 1 now, of will this be part 2?

Robot x Laserbeam 13
I liked Robo from the start, but I think the series has done a good job developing him into a better protagonist in a short time frame. I liked the panel of Kazama helping Robo walk a lot. As Bass mentioned it is kinda lame that we spent half of this chapter and a good chunk of like chapter 9 setting this stroke goal for Robo only for it to be thrown out the window to fight evil Kise. I look forward to whatever BS golf powers this new guy has. I hope he is the ricochet master.

This issue felt packed. Guess I should get started on those post anime HxH chapters.

Fancolors

Is Gigantomachia worth a read? I was organizing my shelf and realized I had it.

I read it a long add time ago, but for some reason have absolutely no memory of what happens there. Would it be worth a reread?

Lain

I read it a long add time ago, but for some reason have absolutely no memory of what happens there. Would it be worth a reread?

It's a cool work of visual art by Miura, so it's always worth a re-read.
I enjoyed it mostly, though the ending felt like the story had more to go through despite it being a self contained, single volume affair.

new game 44

lol, Yagami did in 10 seconds what took Aoba 3 days to do. Though I guess its the learning process. You need to start somewhere.

we never learn 18

Yuiga's path in life is a difficult one.

Zweizer

Banned
New Game! ch44

Character design can be pretty tricky. I wonder how often artists are told to come up with a good design without being given any indication as to the nature of the character.

prez.png

About demonstration that they have the best prez.

Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro ch25.5

Code:
[img]https://s21.postimg.org/awa7ygb87/old.png[/img]

Don't mess with old people.

Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch576-577

Busted.

Rokudou no Onna-tachi ch36

That was expectedly one-sided.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?

It kind of felt like MIura's Nausicaa with a lot of dirty and pervery old man humor. Also a shit ton of wrestling which was really cool to see.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Black Lagoon ch. 89

Revy is gonna light this Cletus looking motherfucker up once she gets out. Should be fun.

I liked the wrestling action, but was otherwise kind of eh on it. Loli urine chapter was embarrassing.

Monster Musume 52
Truck-kun claims another victim. RIP Suu, you will be missed a little. Lala was the real star of the chapter, even if she did receive an undeserved amount of bullying. Also if Papi stands up Kino and/or Kyurii then she gains another 12 trash points.

Kyuur

JanoDX posted this awesome PV for The Promised Neverland that Jump put out in the dedicated OT. The only other manga PV I've seen was one for Tokyo Ghoul: re back when it first started and it got me thinking if there are any other good ones I've missed. Anyone know a good resource that compiles these or anything?

I kind of wish that some anime studio would try doing an actual anime in the style of a moving manga. Jojo is the closest thing I can think of.

Lain

Blue Is the Warmest Color
vFxc.jpg

After watching the movie adaptation, which left me feeling kinda annoyed at the ending since it felt as an inconclusive non ending to me (especially after the words chapters 1 & 2 came up), I decided to look for the original comic and read it.

The original work has some pretty big differences, from the beginning to the ending, though certain plot points are more or less the same.
I enjoyed the character's personalities more in the comic. The lesbian relationship, the insecurities, the self hate felt a bit more realistic.

The story ended being depressing just as much as the movie, though for different reasons, starting from the initial plot point, the death of the main character. Going through her life, as Emma, her lover, reads the diary Clementine left her feels like a bit of a roller-coaster, with events always taking a bit of a turn for the worst when things are seemingly getting better, with the last hit coming when we reach the reunion between the two girls. The joke about orgasmic death they had toward the beginning kinda turns true for Clementine.

The last beats of the story felt a little bit rushed, mainly the cheating part which brought to the break up between Emma and Clementine, with the latter ending abusing medicine which ultimately brought her to her death.

I'm glad I got to read this, even if what I wanted out of it wasn't what was delivered.

Zweizer

Banned
Monster Musume ch52

Suu running wild. Poor Lala has to do all the work again.

It was wise of him to follow her orders, lest she stops time and rips his front teeth out.

Shuukan Shounen Girl ch35 (End)

And so it ended with the creation of SOS-dan, lol.

Fun little series that doesn't take itself too seriously, and just tries to put supernatural twists to otherwise cookie-cutter romances.

phaze

Criminale 26-35 END

Pretty alright end all things considered. I guess Criminale's forte was always outrageous comedy and it's bit shame we didn't get to much of that in last parts but even that last, more serious arc was pretty ok with really neatly conceived reasons for Harukana's thievery.

----
yjdao6s72urb.gif

Lulz at Berserk hiatus news.

Madoka - The Tea Witch (SFW short)

If pro-tea Madoka propaganda wasn't enough to persuade me of its merits, anti-tea sentiments have zero chance. Particularly with whatever this weird bottled variant is. Though apparently this short is about a Law**n campaign where one of the prizes was a figure of cheerleader Homura, so I probably would've bought their entire stock regardless and then thrown the bottles awa--

sugvB52.jpg

V2wOKaz.gif

God, it feels like forever since I've been here. Been trying to get back in the habit of reading manga after falling off it at some point last year. I've only managed to get back up to date on a few series (Tomo-chan, Getter Robo Devolution, Love is Hard for Otaku to name a few) and started some new ones as well (Kengan Asura), but I still got a lot left to either finish or catch up to.

At least I still recognize many of the people here. Especially Zweizer.

Zweizer

Banned

All good things must come to an end.

However, you might change that with a simple contract /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

God, it feels like forever since I've been here. Been trying to get back in the habit of reading manga after falling off it at some point last year. I've only managed to get back up to date on a few series (Tomo-chan, Getter Robo Devolution, Love is Hard for Otaku to name a few) and started some new ones as well (Kengan Asura), but I still got a lot left to either finish or catch up to.

At least I still recognize many of the people here. Especially Zweizer.

Aha, I'm honored~ Long time no see! Glad that you're as well.

upandaway

Hunter x Hunter 358-360

Whoa yeah I forgot most of that. That's a really depressing cliffhanger to go to hiatus on, darn it. Melody seemed like she could be doing some work soon, I wonder how the rest are doing, from the phone call looks like Oito is the only one with so many attacks on her?

Also how crazy do you have to be to answer the nen mouse and not tell anyone, when you know about nen. For all he knew Kurapika was a nen remover who could remove the mouse. It was obviously a trap man. You've got no one else to blame there.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Hoshino me o tsubutte 22-25

Why this manga did not get an adaptation but hajimete no gal got one really baffle me. This manga feature Anzu and Mika (From IM@s CG) in one package!
I found the attempt to change Kanou was surprisingly refreshing. Kanous is still an ass due to her doing the tough act for so long, it become her mask.

Maou-jou de Oyasumi Ch.1-34
Read every chapter currently available. I think between all the mischief and mayhem she gets into my favorite parts are where her quests end up indirectly ruining the heroes' chances of saving her.

The literal apocalypse could happen at the end of this series, and it would still be considered a good ending so long as she still has her bed to sleep in.

Chase17

Kimetsu no Yaiba 66
Sad chapter. This was done very well though. Inosuke showing why he is the best.

I feel like I should have tried to keep better track of the butterfly sisters names but oh well. Nice to see all the other pillar's reactions.

Weekly Shonen Jump #30

My Hero Academia (Cover, Lead CP)
1. Kimetsu no Yaiba
2. Promised Neverland
Hunter×Hunter (CP, Resume)
Shudan!
3. Food Wars! Shokugeki no Souma
Cross Account (CP)
4. Dr. Stone
5. Haikyuu!!
Misteria -Kaiki Collection- (CP, One Shot)
6. Black Clover
7. Spring Weapon Number One
8. Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
9. Gintama
10. Hinomaru Zumou
11. We Never Learn
12. Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
13. Robot×Laserbeam
14. Hungry Marie
Isobe Isobee Monogatari

One Piece (Absent)

Shounen Jump Issue 31:
Lead CP: Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
CP: Food Wars! Shokugeki no Souma, Promised Neverland, Dr. Stone

Chase17

Nice for KnY and Dr. Stone.

I hope we get a proper Youzan/Robo rematch before the series dies. Just jump cut to it lol. Now that Robo has ditched his glasses the series is ready for its comeback.

I've stopped listening to the shonen jump podcast since it's not particularly entertaining, informative, or interesting. I'll listen to the episode the week rxl ends to hear the sadness in marlene's voice for championing this awful series.

Weekly Shonen Jump #30

My Hero Academia (Cover, Lead CP)
1. Kimetsu no Yaiba
2. Promised Neverland
Hunter×Hunter (CP, Resume)
Shudan!
3. Food Wars! Shokugeki no Souma
Cross Account (CP)
4. Dr. Stone
5. Haikyuu!!
Misteria -Kaiki Collection- (CP, One Shot)
6. Black Clover
7. Spring Weapon Number One
8. Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
9. Gintama
10. Hinomaru Zumou
11. We Never Learn
12. Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
13. Robot×Laserbeam
14. Hungry Marie
Isobe Isobee Monogatari

One Piece (Absent)

Shounen Jump Issue 31:
Lead CP: Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
CP: Food Wars! Shokugeki no Souma, Promised Neverland, Dr. Stone

All of the new manga died. RIP. Hopefully this means Shuudan is safe for at least one years worth of chapters.

Top Bottom