• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Arcade mode is definitely launching with S3. Between the new CFN update adding an infrastructure obviously meant to accommodate arcades, every SFII boss getting his stage back, and the fact that arcade mode is (reportedly) already made and in the game, everything seems set up and ready for a big launch.

If the rumors of a nostalgic ST-based arcade mode is true, Sagat and his stage are the final piece of the arcade mode puzzle.

jett

D-Member
Hm, I might need to get into Ken again then. I've always felt more confident when playing Ryu though, his blockstrings (though short) feel safer and st.lk is a great punish.

Anyways, I've only played Ranked for half a year I think and afterwards only Battle Lounges + Casuals. So once I got to Gold I didn't bother playing it again since the netcode was really bad back then.

Isn't that a cartoon?

Technically it was called Street Fighter II V.

kikiribu

Does anyone think she'd be overpowered if you didn't have to stock her specials? It is seriously the biggest reason I can't stand playing her, it is such an unfun mechanic.
She feels extremely limited in this game, I don't think giving her that would make her OP. In my eyes she's an all risk no reward character in SF5. I wouldn't mind if she got the glass cannon treatment tbh. Nerf her health to 900 and make Juri great again.

If they're going for a big marketing push it'll have a name of some kind. Its traditional for service games to name their updates; that helps get people's attention and excite the existing fanbase.

Plus, Capcom knows a not-insignificant number of people are waiting for the next iteration of SFV to jump in - its been one of the most consistent pieces of feedback they've heard since they announced SFV; "i'll just wait for the Super update to jump in".

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Hm, I might need to get into Ken again then. I've always felt more confident when playing Ryu though, his blockstrings (though short) feel safer and st.lk is a great punish.

Anyways, I've only played Ranked for half a year I think and afterwards only Battle Lounges + Casuals. So once I got to Gold I didn't bother playing it again since the netcode was really bad back then.

I'm only gold myself so I don't know why I'm giving you advice!

If you're in the US/Canada we could play sometime. You can annoy me with defensive Ryu play and I can annoy you with erratic, random Ken play!

I'm only gold myself so I don't know why I'm giving you advice!

If you're in the US/Canada we could play sometime. You can annoy me with defensive Ryu play and I can annoy you with erratic, random Ken play!

Haha, well I'm from Europe so I doubt we'll get any playable games.
But thx for the tips anywayz, always good to have someone else's perspective.

Xeteh

Doing Chun's Vol2 trials and I'm stuck on 8. CC HK, s.mp, c.mk, lk.spinning bird. I cannot get the Spinning Bird to ever come out, like I'm not getting enough charge.

JAXXX

I just realized that if M. Bison, Guile, Karin, and Ibuki are indeed getting costumes next, they’re probably going to be “ceremonial” outfits to go along with the 30th anniversary. Bison would probably get one of those ceremonial dictator uniforms with the sashes, Guile would get a ceremonial Air Force uniform, and Karin and Ibuki would get kimonos.

IBUKI AGAIN?????
18hguoxxp9m5vjpg.jpg

DunpealD

I'm not worried about that possibility.

What about the possibilty that S3 gets cancelled? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I just realized that if M. Bison, Guile, Karin, and Ibuki are indeed getting costumes next, they’re probably going to be “ceremonial” outfits to go along with the 30th anniversary. Bison would probably get one of those ceremonial dictator uniforms with the sashes, Guile would get a ceremonial Air Force uniform, and Karin and Ibuki would get kimonos.

Costume for M.Bison? What year is it? Are we in a twilight zone?

I got a costume suggestion for Capcom.

kyPujUB.jpg

It's not gonna be that one, and y'all can stop posting suggestions, it's just gonna make us reach 400 faster ;P and I don't have the time to make OT9 until the weekend.

There's an obvious solution, have someone make an interim thread until the weekend. That way we can have the good title and also have a thread to post in before Saturday instead of being locked out of SFV discussion until then.

MCD250

There's an obvious solution, have someone make an interim thread until the weekend. That way we can have the good title and also have a thread to post in before Saturday instead of being locked out of SFV discussion until then.
Nah, just go to gaming side if you wanna talk Street Fighter.

Heh.

Doing Chun's Vol2 trials and I'm stuck on 8. CC HK, s.mp, c.mk, lk.spinning bird. I cannot get the Spinning Bird to ever come out, like I'm not getting enough charge.

You have to start charging the Bird Kick as soon as you press mp, then you have to late cancel it after landing the cr.mk.

LakeEarth

You have to start charging the Bird Kick as soon as you press mp, then you have to late cancel it after landing the cr.mk.

This, the cancel into spinning bird kick needs to be delayed slightly so you can get the charge in time. When you get to this trial, definitely practice c.mk into spinning bird, specifically to learn exactly how long that cancel window is. It seems abnormally long, and it's probably for this specific combo.

I think made one of the Blazblue OTs as well as the art for Dah's MvC3's one so maybe I'll throw my hat in.

Problem is I would only be able to do it on the weekend anyway, lmao.

HabeeNo

Guys after flipflopping a lot and trying to find a new main, I decided to try Ed. Couple of questions:

- Is he doable on Pad
- Which pro players should I look for tech
- Where does he rank on the current tiers (I usually dont care about that, but it's always good to know)

Thank you!

Top Bottom