• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cryptocurrency |OT| Nothing from Money

Sony

Nintendo
I don't have the balls to buy lisk at 0.00092473 and place a sell at 0.0009800+.. but I have a feeling lisk will break that tonight (EU Time)

Cipherr

So can anyone tell me what's up with the "No US residents" stuff I keep seeing in so many white papers? Are US traders just ignoring this since there's seemingly no way for an ICO to know (they don't ask, and all accept USD. Almost all of them anyway).

Can I just ignore that? Or what?

Just want to re-ask this on a new page. Really curious. Im reading whitepaper after white paper to find projects I want to invest in for the long term and Im wondering if I could manage to invest in some of the ones that say "No U.S. backers" because they HAVE to. From what I can tell the investments are anonymous and I should be fine. But Im still new so there's something the vets may know that I don't.

DKF590

BNB bouncing back. Bought in a little bit too early on the dip today, but still some good profit to be made. Hopefully we can keep climbing

Brandson

Just want to re-ask this on a new page. Really curious. Im reading whitepaper after white paper to find projects I want to invest in for the long term and Im wondering if I could manage to invest in some of the ones that say "No U.S. backers" because they HAVE to. From what I can tell the investments are anonymous and I should be fine. But Im still new so there's something the vets may know that I don't.

I'm not an American or fully versed in US federal law, but as I understand it, no matter what they say, if an ICO sells to an American and the crypto asset is later determined to be a security, the people running the ICO could be fined or face other penalties. This law makes very little sense but that is the SEC's present position. As for the US investor, I don't think the consequences would be as severe, if there are any consequences at all, but I'm not sure. The US government should be much clearer on this than they have been so far.

Read the fine print for the ICO to see what they (as opposed to the government) could do to you if they discover you lied to them. If it's silent you might be ok, but they could always try to sue you later for causing them to be fined by your lying. I have no idea if there is a legal basis in US law for that. This is why responsible ICOs are all implementing rigorous KYC steps going forward. Any Americans sneaking through that would probably have crossed the line into fraud.

So I personally wouldn't try to lie about my identity when buying crypto. In view of the above, invest at your own risk, and maybe consult a securities lawyer first.

DonMigs85

Put 10 ETH into it. Still waiting for my confirmation email. It's my first ICO and I'm sweating at the idea of having made some mistake with my email or address and not getting anything back...lol

Yeah I don't wanna touch my BNB for the sake of Avalon. Maybe I'll try to scrounge more fiat

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Is no one invested into BAT seems like a no brainer loooong

I'm in with 12.8k coins

Mid September seems like an important time frame because of BAT integration with the Brave browser.

Go check this thing out guys.. The team is comprised of legit players. Legit AF

Is no one invested into BAT seems like a no brainer loooong

I'm in with 12.8k coins

Mid September seems like an important time frame because of BAT integration with the Brave browser.

Go check this thing out guys.. The team is comprised of legit players. Legit AF

I have some BAT, and with the release of Mercury in September we could see some decent gains but nothing too big right away.

Donos

Whoops (feels bad man)
"Startup REX loses $1.3 million in Ether address mishap"
After launching an initial coin offering (ICO) to fund the Australian based companies operations, their programming team failed to realize the contract address they had provided investors had a misquoted javascript hex string- and the 6687 Eth sent to it had been deposited into an inactive Ethereum address.

https://buyingcryptoguide.com/blog/startup-rex-loses-millions/

pieface

Ripple... bleugh.

I'd like to get some BAT actually. If I get any spare capital i'll get some.

Bought into NAV about 3 months ago, all it's done is lose me money haha... hoping it has a strong future though but a little wary. Holding strong tho.

I don't know what to think of this.

I participated on the Avalon ICO. Never got a confirmation email. Sent an email to support. Received an email from the email on the website saying:

"You order is confirmed.

Order ID: XXXXXX

Sorry you did not receive a confirmation address.

Thank you,

The TokenLot Team"

Well, besides the obvious badly written text, the order ID serves no purpose since I can't use it anywhere on the website.

I'm started to think I was scammed but can't imagine how since I'm 100% sure I followed the right steps and those are the official support emails from the website.

I'm nervous as hell with this situatation.

No more ICO's for me, that's for sure. If I lose my money, it's not the end of the world but that would seriously burn me.

DonMigs85

I don't know what to think of this.

I participated on the Avalon ICO. Never got a confirmation email. Sent an email to support. Received an email from the email on the website saying:

"You order is confirmed.

Order ID: XXXXXX

Sorry you did not receive a confirmation address.

Thank you,

The TokenLot Team"

Well, besides the obvious badly written text, the order ID serves no purpose since I can't use it anywhere on the website.

I'm started to think I was scammed but can't imagine how since I'm 100% sure I followed the right steps and those are the official support emails from the website.

I'm nervous as hell with this situatation.

No more ICO's for me, that's for sure. If I lose my money, it's not the end of the world but that would seriously burn me.
Apparently they've been having issues due to the influx of contributions. If you message them on bitcointalk or email avalon@tokenlot.com they can probably help.

Tk0n

So...do you guys think this is a good time to get into Ripple? thinking of buying some now it's low.

if you want to invest in ripple, id wait at least a few days till the dust settles.
i can see it dropping another 10% to 20% in the next days.
the hype for the announcement is gone and i wouldnt expect another boost soon.

Sony

Nintendo
Apparently they've been having issues due to the influx of contributions. If you message them on bitcointalk or email avalon@tokenlot.com they can probably help.

Is it too late to invest in Avalon ICO? And do you know where I can find the neccecary stepts to do so? I got the hang of exchange trading but I haven't read up up how to invest in ICO yet

Donos

Is it too late to invest in Avalon ICO? And do you know where I can find the neccecary stepts to do so? I got the hang of exchange trading but I haven't read up up how to invest in ICO yet
https://www.tokenlot.com/crowdsale/avalon/

I think you still got enough time, looking at the numbers. Doesn't look like a super hot run on the tokens.

Hit pay now and everything else is explained. If you already have a myetherwallet.com wallet then you can use this as adress to receive AVA tokens.

gaming_noob

I'm going to sit on 1073 ARK. Going to give it a year or so and see how it does. Cashing out late 2018. Not productive to be watching this in real time every day.

Tk0n

NEO dropping towards 0.0090 level, nice drops for OMG and Stratis. Temped to buy some...

I always think STRAT cant continue to decline forever and are always on the fence to buy back in as it was one of my most successful investments. But every time i do buy back in, it drops a bit further ;)

Sony

Nintendo
If you haven't already, vote a delegate. Should give you around 0,3 ARK per day.

What does this mean, what's voting a delegate?

Ugh fucking LSK... I keep waiting for it to go down to buy some but it keeps going up.. I feel I should buy some now but on the other hand I think that it'll drop after I buy it :( it's practivally at 0.001

Donos

What does this mean?
First link there, is a description:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=246270296&postcount=2481

In short: put your ARK in official Wallet > vote for one of the TOP51 delegates with 1 ARK > depending on how much ARK you hold (which determines how much weight your vote has) the delegate shares profit with you. Daily or weekly. Depends.

Not worth if you have like 50 ARKs or so (i have around 800 ARK and get around 0,2 or 0,3 ARK every day).

Brohan

What does this mean?

When holding ARK in the official wallet you can vote (costs 1 ARK) on a delegate. The top 51 delegates are allowed to forge (mine) ARK and each of those delegates have proposals to attract voters.

They all share their profits with their voters.

I hold about 370 ARK at the moment and i voted for a delegate called jarunik and he gives me about 0.1 ARK each day.

Edit: beaten.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I want to get in on XMR but $100 is too much...Neo is getting into a good buy range for me though.

Sony

Nintendo
Thanks for the help, much appreciated. Anyone know when the LSK rebrand is supposed to be? I keep hawkeying LSK for it to drop a bit, but at this rate it keeps rising. I want to prevent fully missing the boat xD

Cipherr

The delegate system really makes ARK a potential long term money maker in the future. Im just not as sure about the future of the coins price as I am about the delegates systems genius.

They have to make it take off in order to see the brilliance realized but Im not so sure about their ability to do so as everyone else is.

Holy hell if they manage though.. That coin would be absolutely insane if its still around in 2 years and gets up into the $30+ range. People investing in it now and gaining ARK through the delegate system will have built a very nice feedback loop. And the people on top (delegates themselves) will be printing money and swimming in it.

Brohan

The delegate system really makes ARK a potential long term money maker in the future. Im just not as sure about the future of the coins price as I am about the delegates systems genius.

They have to make it take off in order to see the brilliance realized but Im not so sure about their ability to do so as everyone else is.

Holy hell if they manage though.. That coin would be absolutely insane if its still around in 2 years and gets up into the $30+ range. People investing in it now and gaining ARK through the delegate system will have built a very nice feedback loop. And the people on top (delegates themselves) will be printing money and swimming in it.

If they succeed in all the things they are trying to do in a somewhat timely fashion then i'm absolutely sure that the price is going to skyrocket.

But it really comes down to how fast they reach those targets and if they don't get beaten to it by some other coin.

So, this is a pyramid scheme, right?

Brohan

So, this is a pyramid scheme, right?

The amount you get decreases if the price goes up i think. Also a pyramid scheme works by recruiting more and more people and the ones at the top get more and more as they also get a percentage of every new person that is recruited.

This doesn't work like that at all.

Everyone can be a delegate and only the top 51 can forge (mine) but the top 51 can change at any time as delegates are chosen by the people with votes.

Also once all coins are mined, the profit sharing stops too.

Edit: also in a pyramid scheme you would never be able to topple the guy at the top whilst no one is stopping you from accumulating more ARK.

Sony

Nintendo
So I was checking Bittrex exchange, monitoring some stuff, for like.. 2 hours straight.. when I was ready to buy some altcoins.. I saw that I had 0BTC availible.. I was like wtf I transfered a lot form Binance to Bittrex hours ago.. It has been 4 fucking hours and my transfer hasn't processed yet. And my unpatient ass is seeing all the possibilities slip away...

Donos

^ See the last two pages. If you want it fast(er), get ETH with your fiat then transfer to exchange > then on Bittrex sell ETH for BTC then buy altcoins.

Cipherr

^ See the last two pages. If you want it fast(er), get ETH with your fiat then transfer to exchange > then on Bittrex sell ETH for BTC then buy altcoins.

I have heard that I should buy LTC on coinbase and xfer it to Bittrex because it has cheaper fees. Does anyone know if there is any truth to that? It's odd how you cant check this stuff before doing it on Coinbases website.

Good to hear that I should use ETH for speed though :D

Top Bottom