• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cryptocurrency |OT| Nothing from Money

Drifters

I have heard that I should buy LTC on coinbase and xfer it to Bittrex because it has cheaper fees. Does anyone know if there is any truth to that? It's odd how you cant check this stuff before doing it on Coinbases website.

Good to hear that I should use ETH for speed though :D
Seriously, the $4.75 transfer fee for BTC was a sucker punch when I first transferred.

Donos

Danielsan's BTC transaction took over 24 hours (see last page). Just pray that while you wait, you don't see a magical price surge to a new ATH for the coin you want to get :)

Hmm seeing the Ledger Nano S reviews, i want one. But not for 85€. 50 € would be perfect. Or maybe as birthday gift. Anyone here uses them (Nano S or Trezos)? Although the support of coins of both is not really covering my portfolio.

Sony

Nintendo
I bet I can't cancel the transfer... Damn, I wanted to buy some altcoins...especially since I'm entering the night hours were the coins I'm eyeing usually drop..

PolishQ

Nice, Tierion (TNT) tokens have been distributed ahead of their September 1st estimate! Now we just need some exchanges to list them.

Donos

Nice, Tierion (TNT) tokens have been distributed ahead of their September 1st estimate! Now we just need some exchanges to list them.

Thought i somehow fucked up at the ICO till i read how i actually have to add it manually to MyEtherWallet. Nice

Drifters

Ohhhh snap NXT is climbing back! I'm curious, are a majority here day trading or long term? Seems like the day trading would be worse stress than the stock market.

Red

I am not working with much cash, so I've mostly been holding. Fees are too high to keep making trades. Right now I've gone from ~$120 to ~$400, so I'm satisfied.

Cipherr

Ohhhh snap NXT is climbing back! I'm curious, are a majority here day trading or long term? Seems like the day trading would be worse stress than the stock market.

Truth. I don't think very many people here do any form of day trading. Maybe once or twice a month; but as you said, the volatility in Crypto seems insane to me so far. I don't know how anyone would really navigate it successfully over anything resembling a long stretch of time.

I have been trying to absorb as much as I can recently and it really seems like the best way to do well is buying and holding promising coins that are guaranteed to be around for a while which is considerably less sexy than some $1.60 fresh out of the ICO up and coming coin that may or may not survive the next 12 months. The FOMO on some humongous 125000% gain like NEO is there but I think Im going to ignore it and put the bulk of my investment in coins I know have a future and put maybe 20% of my total in smaller up and coming tokens.

Then just primarily hold for years with no expectation of any sort of quick windfalls at all. Just check back on stuff after 2 years. What bothers me is that I completely missed out on the mining era it seems. That part of it really interested me to a degree. But Im not a dual GPU sort of guy, and the systems needed to mine without it being a huge unbelievable loss cost wise is insane now.

Oh well.

DonMigs85

Do you have any Lisk in your portfolio, it just keeps climbing. I'm thinking of adding more, it seems like this could easily be a $15 coin.

Seems a bit risky though. It actually hit over $4 April last year, then crashed to under 20 cents for most of the year then only started rising again March this year.

Sony

Nintendo
Wanted to buy LSK yesterday... due to the pending transfer I had no funds.. looking at the value now I want to shoot myself. I hope it corrects itself a bit.

Brohan

ARK is dealing with a huge (55000 ARK) sell wall @0.00036917.. Seems like a whale is trying to keep te price down. Wonder what is up with that.

Tk0n

Wanted to buy LSK yesterday... due to the pending transfer I had no funds.. looking at the value now I want to shoot myself. I hope it corrects itself a bit.

Ha! ive just seen the price. Crazy. I removed an old "phantasy" sell order for 0,00139 yesterday because i had the feeling that it could go higher. now 0,00134 has already been reached. Im sure it will correct quite a bit after its peak. But the peak could be a bit higher... I hope...

DonMigs85

21015977_10155111672303068_5720794733736462796_o.jpg

Sony

Nintendo
ERC on the rise again... This is a complete Wild West.
If NEO gets low enough, I might buy some more :3

Tk0n

ERC on the rise again... This is a complete Wild West

Yeah, but apart from the one big buy, that made the price jump, there is no volume. I wouldnt be surprised if the price tanks again soon.

Europecoin is such a stupid name...

Sony

Nintendo
Yeah, but apart from the one big buy, that made the price jump, there is no volume. I wouldnt be surprised if the price tanks again soon.

It is, at first I thought it was some kind of EU related coin hehe.

Anyways... I expected BNB to go up after the implementation of the fees. I still think it's a solid long therm investment, but man I have like 66% of my total portfolio invested in BNB.. Thinking of selling some BNB when it reaches +/- 2.68 usd and balancing my portfolio a bit more.

DKF590

Anyways... I expected BNB to go up after the implementation of the fees. I still think it's a solid long therm investment, but man I have like 66% of my total portfolio invested in BNB.. Thinking of selling some BNB when it reaches +/- 2.68 usd and balancing my portfolio a bit more.

BNB is definitely being price manipulated. If you watch the orders you can see 50BTC sell walls pop up pretty much anytime the price starts to spike. Not experienced enough to really know what to make of this fact, but I definitely think the coin still has the potential to blow up. Especially as more coins are added to Binance.

Tk0n

A bit overlooked, but PIVX has had a 40% rise in the last week.
Also monero is doing extremely well. But im unsure if it can climb much further. Its already 3x the price from 2 weeks ago.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
ARK has jumped a bit

We have a callsign for it at local crypto group set to Merkelcoin :D

Sony

Nintendo
Lisk is on a rampage. I wonder if we will be seeing double digits soon at the rate with the rebrand looming.

LSK success will haunt me forever..
I'm on the fence of buying some LSK because I feel it might go double digit, but at the same time I wouldn't be able to afford a LSK drop.

The problem is that all my other coins are down and I don't want to sell them to buy LSK and I'm not sure if I should invest more fiat. Fuck this is hard xD

Drifters

NXT is getting predicted to 0.35 in the next week or two prior to the IGNIS tie in. Either way, glad I held my coins, most likely going to buy some more next week.

The Rizza

Anyone here mine Vertcoin or Siacoin? I have a couple questions when doing it. Can you stop the mining at anytime or do you have to wait to a certain point to get rewards? And if you do have to wait, how do you know when you get them? I just don't want to mine for a certain amount of time, stop, and then not get anything

EDIT: I'm using Marlin for Sia and ccminer for Vertcoin

Sony

Nintendo
Looks like NEO is for another price 'correction'. Sub 0.0090 right now and dropping

Probably we will get a slight drop first

What might a slight drop be?
And if Neo goes down more, I think I'll get some.

BNB is glose to giving me a heart attack, someone hold my hand. Got ... to.. have.. faith.. in... holding...

DKF590

BNB is dropping hard..... glad I didn't put in more, but it still hurts nonetheless.

I really do have faith in Binance, but it's hard not to be doubtful. Nothing to do but hold at this point

Sony

Nintendo
BNB is dropping hard..... glad I didn't put in more, but it still hurts nonetheless.

I really do have faith in Binance, but it's hard not to be doubtful. Nothing to do but hold at this point

I'm actually concidering to buy now it's low. But looking at the growth chart.... I fear a deception coming.. I can see it going into the 0.0002 area :'( This feeling sucks, so helpless.

OMG, Stratis and PAY are showing some signs of life

Ive been flirting with buying some OMG, but Im trying to limit how much I put into cryptos because I still have a lot of skepticism.

One thing is bothering me, and it might be a silly question, but I will ask it. How is it that a lot of these coins values on the markets are equal to, or in some cases, so much higher than a lot of huge companies on the stock market? I know it isnt an apples to apples comparison, but does anyone have a good link to read on how this subject?

DKF590

I'm actually concidering to buy now it's low. But looking at the growth chart.... I fear a deception coming.. I can see it going into the 0.0002 area :'( This feeling sucks, so helpless.

Looks like we are recovering but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't considering panic selling at the dip lol. Price went back up from $1.90 to $2.13 as I was turning my PC on to better monitor the price.

Vertcoin never again got close to its ATH of over $5 back in February 2014. I wonder if I should get into it now since it doubled pretty much overnight.

Vertcoin is just pumping right now because they are doing an AMA on the /r/cryptocurrency subreddit and everyone is trying to find the next thing that will moon without looking at previous performance. It'll go back down in about 2 weeks.

LSK success will haunt me forever..
I'm on the fence of buying some LSK because I feel it might go double digit, but at the same time I wouldn't be able to afford a LSK drop.

The problem is that all my other coins are down and I don't want to sell them to buy LSK and I'm not sure if I should invest more fiat. Fuck this is hard xD

I plan to throw more fiat at Lisk once it starts dipping it rose up way to fast and feel that it will pullback.

Looks like NEO is for another price 'correction'. Sub 0.0090 right now and dropping

Probably we will get a slight drop first

It looks like NEO could be heading back to that $34-35 range.

Top Bottom