• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LawBreakers' peak concurrent Steam playerbase dropped to 431 today [Up2: Down to 302]

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It doesn't seem like things are picking up for Lawbreakers. Rather the opposite.

lawbreakersygl29.png

Source: http://steamcharts.com/app/350280

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I wanted to add a poll but I was worried people would blame Nirolak.

So just to be clear:

Question: F2P?

Choice 1: Before December 31st, 2017

Choice 2: After December 31st, 2017

LordKano

So just to be clear:

If they're wise, it will be before the game falls under complete irrelevance, so choice 1.

GodofWine

Its a better game than what it got. It just doesn't offer any reason to stop playing other similar already established titles.

My word, Brink is still ahead of it.

So just to be clear:

Choice 1, as they'll want to staunch the bleeding, but I'm honestly not sure how much good it will do. This game has a lot going against it. For me personally lack of co-op/bots is at the top of the list.

gossi

I'm still getting instant (think under 5 seconds) matchmaking on PS4, with full matches. It's really weird. Their server infrastructure is insane, you just instantly get games.

So just to be clear:

I'm thinking after. But with that said, I'd totally jump into this game if it went F2P. Reviews were solid, and it looks fun, but no one is going to buy a $30 game when the userbase is the small. It's kind of a catch-22 situation.

So just to be clear:

It has to be before December 31st.

Lawbreakers is quickly hitting irrelevance. And once Destiny 2, Battlefront 2, COD WWII are out, it'll be irrelevant in the console game space as well. Excuse me, the PS4 space as well.

Like...surely they must be realizing this. Battleborn atleast floated for a bit because it was a joke that people wanted to try to see why, but Lawbreakers isn't even that.

How long did it take for Evolve to reach this sorry state?

I know it's a totally different type of game, but even going F2P couldn't save it.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Choice 1, as they'll want to staunch the bleeding, but I'm honestly not sure how much good it will do. This game has a lot going against it. For me personally lack of co-op/bots is at the top of the list.

Well, it should at least go up a bit from where it is:

brinkhsu1x.png

evolve99uud.png

Hate to break it too you, but it's already at that point of complete irrelevance. 431 concurrent people peak...just think about that for a second.
If I'm doing my math right that means less than 1% of the ~7,500 players at the all time peak are still playing it now. That's insane.

Well, it should at least go up a bit from where it is:

brinkhsu1x.png

evolve99uud.png
Good point, people will play almost anything if its free. Maybe it was just the hype cycles but I was way more excited about both of those games than I ever was about Lawbreakers though.

Theorry

I feel for the devs. Coming into work and checking peak players and seeing that number on a game you probably worked on for some years.

Syf

Banned
Better make that f2p switch quick but I dunno if that'll even make much difference. Closing in on Battleborn's 113 peak players today.

Kayant

So just to be clear:

They have already said that will take some time to rework stuff iirc like 6 months if that was on the cards(Which it isn't). Also has shown with evolve F2P isn't the saving grace of everything and strong case of the same happening here due to things like skill barrier.

Guevara

It's amazing to me how many superficially similar versions of Overwatch there are. (I know, there are probably important distinctions).

flkraven

So just to be clear:

Choice 3: They claim it isn't free to play but release a free 'trial' version which is basically the full game, and cliffy says "none of that free to play p2w bullshit"

The most frustrating part is they keeping saying "We're not talking about doing F2P"

Hey, as someone who bought the game and likes it, y'all motherfuckers need to just do F2P. The player base obviously needs the boost, I would be fine with them just throwing some Stash Boxes as a make good to players who already bought into the game, but they need to just pull the trigger and make it free that way there is anyone still around to play the game with.

Top Bottom