• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 |OT| The 7 you've been waiting for!

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So my game has stuck on Saving Content. Says don't exit game..

What should I do? :/

Edit: Rebooted. No corrupted save thank god. p

Nice Irish flag.

k2MI2Qr.png

*edit* the points per race seems so weird, why does each race into a series give more points then the race before? why can't first place always give 100 each race instead of becoming 500 points in race 5? ruins the point of the points system.

Say you win race 1-4 that would be 1000 points, this means that first race worth 100 feels like pocket change so why would you try to win?

You win race 1-2 so you have 300 points but crash out hard in race 3 and fall to near last place, the person following you in the leaderboard wins instead and gets 300 points + his points from race 1 and 2, he is now winning.... what the hell

squared

Haha, has anyone tried the Hoonicorn (Ken Blocks Mustang)? The sound is so bad on it, sounds like a chipmunk-version of a V8.. or if you fed a V8 helium :D The boost/turbo sound is weird too. Plus it has invisible wheels.. who playtested this?

How does online work, is it preset hoppers? I miss the days of forza 2 having lobbies user made and a browser.

Yes, preset hoppers. To be honest, it looks pretty meh, Horizon 3 had better options. You can't even do a private race with friends + AI anymore afaik.

Homologation is also terrible.

Mobius 1

Conditions changed again. Let's hope they bring an patch out so we can adjust this kind of thing, even if its limited it would be great to have.

I had a race at Hockenheimring in the evening with fog and low light. Looked so good.

WbsQJso.png

That's a wonderful atmosphere.

kafiend

Does anyone know how to remove mods on PC. No idea how it happened but one of the VIP credit mods attached itself and I cant work out how to get rid of it.

Does anyone know how to remove mods on PC. No idea how it happened but one of the VIP credit mods attached itself and I cant work out how to get rid of it.
Hover over it, and it should say on the bottom of the screen which button to press. I think it might have been X on a controller.

I've lost the posts now but for anyone having issues downloading the game from the Windows store and it resetting the download to 0, I had a similar issue when downloading Horizon 3. The result was even though I have games and apps set to install to a hard drive other than C drive(because I didn't have enough room on my Windows Ssd) it was still downloading to the C drive first. Once it got to the point that C drive had no room left it'd delete everything and repeat.

I'd left this go overnight and woke up to 700gb downloaded. It was so stupid. I couldn't find a solution either and ended up just going and buying a bigger ssd and reinstalling windows.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Think replays are borked for night racing. No headlight beams are shown on the road only brake lights. Shown in photomode but they go missing in replay. Nordschleife feels much better at night compared to FM6.

kafiend

Hover over it, and it should say on the bottom of the screen which button to press. I think it might have been X on a controller.

Thanks. It's actually a weird issue or extremely poor design. If you select mods with the mouse there is no option to remove the mod. When I used the d-pad on my wheel or the cursor keys on my kb to select the mod it gives me an option to remove it.

I noticed that many were complaining of the loot crates/economy of this game. I'm posting my early results/experience regarding this. I just got to playing yesterday and have two hours of "racing" in according to the in game progress. I'm probably closer to four hours as I've done some tuning, looking at cars, adjusting wheel settings, etc. In two hours of actual track time I've amassed:

1. 27 cars (10 from day one car pack).
2. A hair over 1,000,000 credits in the bank.

Cars are very easy to come by through level up rewards (discounts up to 100% on specific cars) and the showcase events. I've grabbed the car most times when leveling up.

Full disclosure, I did use mods from my returning bonus and one of the VIP mods (five uses to add to credits). The latter netted me about an extra 100,000 credits. Overall I'm really not having a problem with the economy at all. Granted, I was able to start with a few mods. Perhaps if you don't have free loot crates to start you may feel the crunch a bit early on.

At the moment, I don't think the economy needs any drastic changes. The one item that may be an issue is the return on investment with the loot crates. Most mods give boosts from 20-40% and can be used multiple times. I'd have to sit down and crunch numbers, but I think loot crates/mods may be profitable in the long term. I think this is important to make the whole meta game worthwhile and interesting. Assuming you can recoup more than the cost of the loot crate with the mods on average, this system is going to work quite well.

GHG

Gold Member
How do you get the hoonigan cars?

Only played about an hour so far and this game is doing some really good things but there are also things that are completely unnecessary and it's such a shame. I'll post more detailed thoughts once I've raced on more tracks/conditions and different car classes.

It is fun but Jesus Christ this game could have been perfect.

Grassy

Yep it seems they've gone way down with the loyalty rewards. :/ I grabbed 225k on Friday but I checked the Forza Rewards site a moment ago and this is what is planned for the next Friday. I'm on tier 8.

111bole9.jpg

The Forza rewards, if you have already claimed for the week, shows you the differential between your current tier and the next tier when you click on rewards. It does NOT show you what you will get next week.

So for example if you were tier 9 and clicked on rewards it'll say 75k credits, expires in X days. That doesn't mean you will get 75k credits next week. It means if you make it to tier 10 you will get whatever you are currently getting PLUS 75k more credits. AFAIK there is no way to see what you will get next week until the rewards date actually rolls around.

I got 275k for Tier 9 on friday in Forza 7, same as FH3/FM6. We'll see if it gets nerfed this friday but I doubt it, doesn't really make much sense since its not an exorbitant amount of money for the game.

Yeah this is how it's always been. If you claim your weekly rewards, it then shows you how much more credits you can earn for that week if you move to the next tier.

Not sure why everyone is freaking out...Lootboxes got everyone shook...

Klocker

Yeah this is how it's always been. If you claim your weekly rewards, it then shows you how much more credits you can earn for that week if you move to the next tier.

Not sure why everyone is freaking out...Lootboxes got everyone shook...

haha seriously, not sure what's going on in this thread. like shit is different but it's not a disaster

it's a pretty good game lol

haha seriously, not sure what's going on in this thread. like shit is different but it's not a disaster

it's a pretty good game lol

The only reason why I was confused was because it wasnt just a message on the Rewards page, I actually got a message and $75k credits in the game.

It is true that I would normally just assume it's a glitch but the VIP stuff made me overly wary.

(I actually love the loot crates..lol)

I'm having a great time with this game. Here's a few pics I took today:

It's really annoying though that we can't either remove the Forza 7 watermark or at least change corners. I've had a few shots that I thought would be really nice only to have the stupid logo be partially visible or some variation. It doesn't seem like they've done any improving or additions to it.

MaLDo

Finally I've seen the Turn10 logo and the Press enter screen. Ok.

Then, the xbox green window pops for a second, closes and Press enter again.

Oficially this is the most fucked game I've ever seen in my PC. Good job.

Klocker

The only reason why I was confused was because it wasnt just a message on the Rewards page, I actually got a message and $75k credits in the game.

It is true that I would normally just assume it's a glitch but the VIP stuff made me overly wary.

(I actually love the loot crates..lol)

not you, just the tone of the thread lately... yes I have seen the rewards thing, mess up from time to time but I doubt they are dropping the rewards so drastically without letting us know, but you never know,

and I agree I have no issue with the crates.
if you could only earn them with cash money then yes I'd have issue.

leng jai

Reviews are crazy good so far, 90+ MC. The sad thing is that I've been procrastinating on buying it because the 95GB would literally take me 30 hours to download. That's on the off chance that it doesn't fail and restart at some point knowing the Windows Store...

Phloxy

After putting in extensive time with it. The loot boxes don;t really effect me in any negative way. Despite me still not liking their inclusion. https://youtu.be/widCJ-i2PnY

Still a super fun game, would love to see co-op career mode one of these days. Co-op in Horizon 3 was so much fun.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
The loot box talk is so overblown. What are people trying to buy?? I don't get how it's a grind fest and how you're forced to buy loot boxes etc. How? Why? I'm just driving the cars, wins some races, lose some races, occasionally adds a mod or two, and the money piles up as long as I frequently cross the finishline. And the game has just launched, why is there a rush to complete it?

I don't have the game yet but from everything I've read, I too, am curious as to what people are complaining about? Based on your post, this style of progression is just fine?

I'm from the old school with how the old Gran Turismos made you have to work and grind your butt off to get lots of CR and cars. That's the kind of career I'm looking for. Earning a trillion dollars in a couple days is not my idea of fun. *shrug*

I'm from the old school with how the old Gran Turismos made you have to work and grind your butt off to get lots of CR and cars. That's the kind of career I'm looking for. Earning a trillion dollars in a couple days is not my idea of fun. *shrug*

The "grinding" is nowhere near the levels of past GT games. After a few hours in I have many cars and plenty of credits.

kamspy

Why is the ToD at Long Beach so ridiculous? They could at least throw us a neutral overcast day. It looks like something out of Need4Speed.

Conditions changed again. Let's hope they bring an patch out so we can adjust this kind of thing, even if its limited it would be great to have.

I had a race at Hockenheimring in the evening with fog and low light. Looked so good.

WbsQJso.png

This is interesting.. I am curious how the fog works... technologically. I do not own the game so I cannot really investigate!

Also, this screenshot shows how much better the game looks when you can have per-object motion blur on. Why can't they allow an option on PC to have it turn on during races AS WELL as in photomode?!

Hawk269

Reviews are crazy good so far, 90+ MC. The sad thing is that I've been procrastinating on buying it because the 95GB would literally take me 30 hours to download. That's on the off chance that it doesn't fail and restart at some point knowing the Windows Store...

My game says it is 68gb. I am on Xbox One S. Is it different on PC? I have it on PC, but have not checked the file size.

Bydobob

Replays seem to be borked on PC when you have a wheel. Pressing play runs the replay backwards, but weirdly you can move it forward by flicking the mouse. Forget about changing car view, requires contortionist skills pressing and holding lmb, while pressing arrow keys and A button! Not sure how this passed testing.

On the positive side the engine sounds are marvellous, probably the best I've heard, while the IQ is phenomenal. Pleased to say also that FFB out of the box is much better than the demo. Running with all assists off and simulation steering, handling is still a bit muted and assisted but it's a decent compromise. Even your bog-standard hatch can be provoked into some fun.

1080 TI only being used about 60% at 4K (DSR) with 8 x MSAA, lots of free performance to crank up the in-game resolution scale. Framerate is so damn variable, with CPU spikes being the culprit. Capping framerate is essential to avoid stuttering. The PC perf thread will be fun!

Had a few races where track side environments were very glitchy. Literally walls and stands vanishing and popping up. Frame rate was fine and no issue with my PC. Just some weird glitching. And it's not the rewind issue as the glitching was there at the beginning of a new race. Also noticed on one or two circuits (Road America for example) just before the first corner there is a slight stutter. It's there every lap. Noticed it during the Nascar Series.
Some graphic issue, but pretty decent all said. Shame the windscreen rain effects are a bit half-hearted and nowhere near as good as in Apex. Maybe Turn 10 can patch it in?

As for the economy, prizes etc. It's true you do get a lot of cars but not always the ones you're interested in. But I would say at the moment as I am doing long races they take around 16 to 20 minutes to complete and depending on the mods I get between 80,000 to 130,000 per race. I usually level up after 3 races, sometimes 2 if I use an exp mod. So add another 20,000. Don't know how many cars i have, 50+? But I have 5 million Cr in 4 days play. And that's after spending a million+ on boxes and the odd car.

gsrjedi

Replays seem to be borked on PC when you have a wheel. Pressing play runs the replay backwards, but weirdly you can move it forward by flicking the mouse. Forget about changing car view, requires contortionist skills pressing and holding lmb, while pressing arrow keys and A button! Not sure how this passed testing.

On the positive side the engine sounds are marvellous, probably the best I've heard, while the IQ is phenomenal. Pleased to say also that FFB out of the box is much better than the demo. Running with all assists off and simulation steering, handling is still a bit muted and assisted but it's a decent compromise. Even your bog-standard hatch can be provoked into some fun.

1080 TI only being used about 60% at 4K (DSR) with 8 x MSAA, lots of free performance to crank up the in-game resolution scale. Framerate is so damn variable, with CPU spikes being the culprit. Capping framerate is essential to avoid stuttering. The PC perf thread will be fun!

If you have a controller you can use it during menus and replays and photo mode. That’s what I do when using my TX wheel

Had a few races where track side environments were very glitchy. Literally walls and stands vanishing and popping up. Frame rate was fine and no issue with my PC. Just some weird glitching. Also noticed on one or two circuits (Road America for example) just before the first corner there is a slight stutter. It's there every lap. Noticed it during the Nascar Series.
Some graphic issue, but pretty decent all said. Shame the windscreen rain effects are a bit half-hearted and nowhere near as good as in Apex. Maybe Turn 10 can patch it in?

As for the economy, prizes etc. It's true you do get a lot of cars but not always the ones you're interested in. But I would say at the moment as I am doing long races they take around 16 to 20 minutes to complete and depending on the mods I get between 80,000 to 130,000 per race. I usually level up after 3 races, sometimes 2 if I use an exp mod. So add another 20,000. Don't know how many cars i have, 50+? But I have 5 million Cr in 4 days play. And that's after spending a million+ on boxes and the odd car.
It's such a shame that the rain effects in the cockpit were dialed back a ton, I am guessing it was done to hide their 30fps refresh while the game itself is 60, not a problem for pc as you can force effects to ultra but on console it's a bit of a clash.

The new window rain was not worth it however, it's just non dynamic and lame after two years of cool streaking water.

All these reviews giving the game perfect scores yet we see stuff like this, broken drafting, still forza 2 style pitstops and no qualifying at all, I hate what forza has become.

I don't know, it might be just me but I like lighting in this game way more than any previous Forza games, I hope they gonna stick with it for future Forza games. Everything has more realistic look to it thanks to the new lighting.

Top Bottom