• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Date and Price for Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 ($15, first week of february)

Majine

Banned
Kotaku if old.

Kotaku said:
Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 hits the PS3 on Feb. 1 and the Xbox 360 on Feb. 2. It will cost $15 for the PS3 and 1200 Microsoft Points on the 360.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Yeah, PC's what I wanna know about too. Though it's nice that the game's gonna be done sooner than I'd expected.

Xater

I was also hoping they would stick to the pricing of the first one. Probably still a Day1, the game looks great and its probably worth the money.

Jex

I'd have happily paid 1200 for for the first game. I'll be happy to pay 1200 for this one.

BigMack

shagg_187 said:
I was expecting $10

Yeah, so was I. Guess 1200 is pretty much set in stone as the default price point (for XBLA, can't speak for PS3, since I don't have one).

Can't wait for MS to start testing the waters with 1600 point games, with 1200 being the new sale price. :/

Xater

BigMack said:
Yeah, so was I. Guess 1200 is pretty much set in stone as the default price point (for XBLA, can't speak for PS3, since I don't have one).

Can't wait for MS to start testing the waters with 1600 point games, with 1200 being the new sale price. :/

Oh they are also pretty much there as a standard on PS3. I think it's a terrible development. This game is probably worth it but lots of others are not.

stuminus3

Two questions.

1) Is this not coming out on PC? I just assumed it was but some quick browsing around reveals that apparently it's not.

2) Off topic but still on PC, why does BC:Rearmed's scrolling stutter on my machine, even though FRAPs says it's a solid 60fps?

Yes Boss!

Didn't even know they were making a second. So out of the loop with XBLA releases since the general price increases.

BigMack said:

I'm sure it's Capcom who wants it to be $15. They are the ones who went from 400 MSP with Case Zero, to 800 MSP with Case West. Besides, MS loved the idea of having Super Meat Boy at 800MSP during the first month. It's not always MS's fault.

Salsa

Yes Boss! said:
Didn't even know they were making a second. So out of the loop with XBLA releases since the general price increases.

Now there's jumping and moustaches.

Nathan%20Rad%20Spencer%281%29.jpg

Better than ever.

Gryphter said:
you're joking, right?
Not at all. I played Rearmed and really loved it and it's awesome soundtrack, then picked up 'Bionic Commando' during a Steam sale and had so much more fun with the mechanics. Sure the story was bogus, but the gameplay was fantastic. Then they put out a trailer for Rearmed 2 and the excitement wasn't there for me. I'll get the soundtrack when they release it, but I don't have much desire to check out the game. Maybe if there's a nice sale.

x3sphere

PC version will likely be coming later as with most Capcom releases. I'll be waiting, I guess. Not going to double dip this time..

Buttonbasher said:
Not at all. I played Rearmed and really loved it and it's awesome soundtrack, then picked up 'Bionic Commando' during a Steam sale and had so much more fun with the mechanics. Sure the story was bogus, but the gameplay was fantastic. Then they put out a trailer for Rearmed 2 and the excitement wasn't there for me. I'll get the soundtrack when they release it, but I don't have much desire to check out the game. Maybe if there's a nice sale.

well alright then! I'm the opposite, I love love loved Rearmed. Picked up the 3D one on sale ($6.99 from newegg) and loathed it. Put I think 2 hours in and decided to stop playing. Sold it on ebay for like $2 profit though.

As for Rearmed 2, $15 is a steep price but worth it if it's like the 1st. Seems like there's no reason to buy XBL DLC at full price anymore with the sales they run though, so I'll wait for a sale

Day 1. Loved the first game (and the 3D reboot).

I realize that everyone would rather pay $10 than $15 but I get sick of hearing people bitch and moan incessantly in every thread that features the price point. It's here to stay. Buy it or don't.

I'm surprised people thought it would be $10. It seems like we've gotten to the point where all DD console games are at least $15, even if it doesn't look good and no one has ever heard of it before. Considering this is a fairly well known game no way it would have been $10.

RickA238

I'm uninterested until a PC version is released. Too expensive to boot. This game is not on Super Meat Boy-level.

For the record I liked the 3D Bionic Commando as well. I thought it could have been stellar with a bit of tweaking, but it's a lot of fun as is.

rainking187 said:
I'm surprised people thought it would be $10. It seems like we've gotten to the point where all DD console games are at least $15, even if it doesn't look good and no one has ever heard of it before. Considering this is a fairly well known game no way it would have been $10.

Not necessary. There are shit loads of awesome PSN/XBLA titles that start at $5, average out at $10 and are over-excessively $15.

For $15 I expect Drop-in/Drop-out online/offline play.

ApolloJoh

Princess Skittles said:
Jumping is useless
Fixed.

Anyway, I'll probably wait 'til this is on sale to get it. Hyped for the soundtrack though.

Really liked the first and started playing it again.

Super Hard is super hard. :(

Is Capcom not doing PC releases anymore since SSF4 didn't come to PC? I'd hate to think that they are going back on their initiative to port their games to PC...

Oh well. I hope it still gets a PC port. Sucks that its $5 more expensive. I don't really see any reason why it got a price increase.

Still excited. Gonna get it day 1, but yeah.

orbot

Neo Member
Majine said:
Fat Shark is making this one, but they have many key ex-members of GRIN onboard.

Untrue - who told you that? You're spreading false rumors. Fatshark has three individuals who are former Grin employees. Only two of those are working on BCR2, and only one of those two actually worked on BCR1 (real talent though). Plus they contracted me for the music and some game design advising (so yeah I was "onboard" but not a Fatshark employee).

rainking187 said:
I'm surprised people thought it would be $10. Considering this is a fairly well known game no way it would have been $10.

This.

Top Bottom