• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Date and Price for Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 ($15, first week of february)

loosus

Banned
I enjoyed the first one, but I never finished it. Just got too boring, although the graphics were always pretty.

Might buy this one if it's eventually cheap. Otherwise, I'll pass at $15.

This has online co-op for the full campaign, right? Not side-missions or anything like that?

I can't watch the review, it's blocked in my country. Looking forward to this game.

S1kkZ

FunkyPajamas said:
This has online co-op for the full campaign, right? Not side-missions or anything like that?

I can't watch the review, it's blocked in my country. Looking forward to this game.
no online coop.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Flashback to 3 years ago: "This is a steal, Capcom probably shouldn't have done that poll for the pricing, as this is really worth the $15 they wanted to charge."

Now: "FUCKING UGH $15 THOSE JACKASSES NO WAY THIS IS WORTH THAT"

Shurs

Shig said:
Flashback to 3 years ago: "This is a steal, Capcom probably shouldn't have done that poll for the pricing, as this is really worth the $15 they wanted to charge."

Now: "FUCKING UGH $15 THOSE JACKASSES NO WAY THIS IS WORTH THAT"

I think it's more that, for me at least, I got my fill with the first game.

I had a blast with it, but when I finished it, I wasn't really craving more.

Empty

this is out this week. what a pleasant surprise, i thought it was april-may last time i remembered it existed.

will buy, but i don't like the xbla price inflation.

S1kkZ said:
no online coop.
No online!? Damn... I thought this one had it. Hmm... Oh well, I enjoyed the first one so I think this is worth the money anyway. Would have loved online co-op, it's just perfect for this game. Thanks for answering btw! :)

yurinka

~Devil Trigger~ said:
"This video has IMG Media UK content, who blocked it for your country (Spain) due to copyright". What the fuck is that stupic block? Fucking morons!

Mirrors, please!

FunkyPajamas said:
No online!? Damn... I thought this one had it. Hmm... Oh well, I enjoyed the first one so I think this is worth the money anyway. Would have loved online co-op, it's just perfect for this game. Thanks for answering btw! :)

I think he's saying the 1st didn't have on-line (it only had off-line multiplayer). I would say the second one has on-line.

Empty

yurinka said:
"This video has IMG Media UK content, who blocked it for your country (Spain) due to copyright". What the fuck is that stupic block? Fucking morons!

Mirrors, please!

it's not that useful for gaffers. it basically just describes the new features that we already know about (jump, hold your swing, new weapons!!), says the vr mode is addictive and the story doesn't get in the way, then concludes that it's brilliant but not revolutionary in the digital space like the last one. gives it 8/10

yurinka said:
I think he's saying the 1st didn't have on-line (it only had off-line multiplayer). I would say the second one has on-line.
Yeah, I remember reading that it did, thought it might have been removed. I'll wait for the reviews to make sure. Thanks.

S1kkZ

yurinka said:

Mirrors, please!

no, there is no online c-op or any other online mode in the second. just leaderboards.
giantbomb had a long quicklook on friday and the 2 guys from capcom confirmed it.

Buttonbasher said:
Not at all. I played Rearmed and really loved it and it's awesome soundtrack, then picked up 'Bionic Commando' during a Steam sale and had so much more fun with the mechanics. Sure the story was bogus, but the gameplay was fantastic. Then they put out a trailer for Rearmed 2 and the excitement wasn't there for me. I'll get the soundtrack when they release it, but I don't have much desire to check out the game. Maybe if there's a nice sale.
As much as I will still defend the 3D game to the death, this is a brand of crazy I cannot get behind.

CamHostage

Majine said:
Fat Shark is making this one, but they have many key ex-members of GRIN onboard.

Er, I wouldn't call them "key ex-members". The composer is contracted to do music (who also did the direction on BGR) but he's not part of the team (his website is vague and says that he's "currently a member of a secret off-spring of the now defunct Grin" but I'm not sure which of the many spin-offs that might be?) Many of the staffers that were big on the project went on to form Might and Delight and some of the other GRIN offshoots. A few were also reported to have been brought aboard FatShark though, I wouldn't say many since GRIN wasn't really a monster studio (and the BCR team was just a small portion of that even, most with double-jobs) but some at least. They always were close at least, being Swedes in a business light on the Swedish, so whether it's the same guys or not, they all shared some coffee tables somewhere.

FatShark is also using GRIN's the Diesel engine that GRIN made.

rainking187 said:
I'm surprised people thought it would be $10. It seems like we've gotten to the point where all DD console games are at least $15, even if it doesn't look good and no one has ever heard of it before. Considering this is a fairly well known game no way it would have been $10.

Well, with Rearmed 1 they took such a bold stance (wasn't the shocking Penny Arcade Adventure Episode 1 $20 price tag announced like in between the announcement and release of BCR, something like that?) and it paid off so handsomely that I do really wish they had stuck to that price point. And as has been pointed out, this isn't a bigger or more tech-heavy game with offline-only again (you could say they had to try harder because it was an original production, but BCR was hardly a port) so $5 more is steep without reason. That all said, if it's as good as BCR1, enjoy my money Capcom.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
orbot said:
I got your back Simon. The sequal gets is an instant buy from me cause of your involvement and I can't see Capcom allowing BCR2 to not be a quality project.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Wonder why this took so long to come out. Jumping?

RelentlessRolento said:
really want but this $15 shit makes sense business wise but not "my pocket" wise
Again, I don't get this. Back when Rearmed 1 came out, people were shocked that it was $10 and said they would've gladly paid $15. Now Rearmed 2 is $15 (and isn't being sold as a loss-leader to drum up interest in a retail game) and suddenly Capcom are price-gouging scumbags for selling it at the awful, super expensive price of five dollars more than the first game?

Jesus, at a point this is splitting hairs, people.

I AM JOHN! said:
Again, I don't get this. Back when Rearmed 1 came out, people were shocked that it was $10 and said they would've gladly paid $15. Now Rearmed 2 is $15 (and isn't being sold as a loss-leader to drum up interest in a retail game) and suddenly Capcom are price-gouging scumbags for selling it at the awful, super expensive price of five dollars more than the first game?

Jesus, at a point this is splitting hairs, people.
In his defense, you can't know for certain that he was one of the guys saying that the original was cheap. Different people with different opinions, man.

Top Bottom