• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Screenshots of Jill and Shuma-Gorath in Marvel vs Capcom 3!

Ploid 3.0

New Bionic Commando guy seems like a waste. In that combo vid I was expecting him to show his stuff but it was lackluster (know it's early but that arm thing seems a bit weak).

LowParry

Caj814 said:
Considering what you all know, would you have preferred more characters to return by sacrificing some newcomers? I'm mostly satisfied with what we got but would probably replace Akuma with Strider.

I'd of rather of seen less returning characters and more new types. At least on the Capcom side.

Gravijah

Caj814 said:
Returning characters via the MvC2 select screen.
http://i.imgur.com/NInJj.jpg[IMG]

Considering what you all know, would you have preferred more characters to return by sacrificing some newcomers? I'm mostly satisfied with what we got but would probably replace Akuma with Strider.[/QUOTE]

Eh, I'm pretty happy overall.

Watching that combo vid got me thinking. I just don't have that kind of execution from playing casual Third Strike and much more serious SSF4. How longs it going to take for me to get up there? Will I burn out before I get anywhere near it? =\ Being totally unfamiliar with Marvel is interesting going into MVC3 but it brings alot of worries.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Caj814 said:
NInJj.jpg

Considering what you all know, would you have preferred more characters to return by sacrificing some newcomers? I'm mostly satisfied with what we got but would probably replace Akuma with Strider.
I'm happy with the new cast but I will miss Cable :(

Ploid 3.0

Snapshot King said:
Watching that combo vid got me thinking. I just don't have that kind of execution from playing casual Third Strike and much more serious SSF4. How longs it going to take for me to get up there? Will I burn out before I get anywhere near it? =\ Being totally unfamiliar with Marvel is interesting going into MVC3 but it brings alot of worries.

It's easier to link combos in MVC. More fun.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Caj814 said:
NInJj.jpg

I'd replace anyone with Akuma. He's the only character I feel is a waste in the new game and seems likely he was included to appeal to some perceived fanbase; he is Capcom's official "bad ass mo-fo" character even though he's really pretty generic.

Otherwise I'm fine with the triage they did on the bloated MvC2 cast. The sheer amount of fresh blood they injected into the series was worth it IMHO.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
THEY BLACKED OUT THE WRONG WOLVERINE.

I'm happy, probably would've replaced Akuma with Strider and She-Hulk and X-23 with a black hole or another two random slots.

Or Psylocke and [other worthy female Marvel superhero im not knowledgeable about].

cacophony

Somewhat OT but I'm trying to pre-order on Amazon for release date shipping but it doesn't show up as an option in check-out. Anyone know what's up?

Caj814

Gravijah said:
I still can't believe MVC2 had two wolverines. Something about that seems so absurd to me.

I honestly think they did it because once they decided to put Servbot in for shits and giggles they were short 1 slot.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
enzo_gt said:
Apparent RE5 spoilers even though I haven't played it: Isn't
Wesker
technically dead? The fuck is with this duality? Cable is more interesting than all the X-Men in the MvC series.

Mags > Cable

Dying in video games doesnt matter, especially with prequels

Also Wesker is totally not actually dead.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Snapshot King said:
How much wider we talkin here?
It's like doing chains in sf4 or sf3 if that means anything to you, they are not really links outside of combos where you delay hits. Basically the attacks cancel into one another*the ones that are allowed too*. Execution is by far the least of your worries.

Acid08

Banned
Kaijima said:
I'd replace anyone with Akuma. He's the only character I feel is a waste in the new game and seems likely he was included to appeal to some perceived fanbase; he is Capcom's official "bad ass mo-fo" character even though he's really pretty generic.

Otherwise I'm fine with the triage they did on the bloated MvC2 cast. The sheer amount of fresh blood they injected into the series was worth it IMHO.
You are wrongwrongwrong.

QisTopTier said:
It's like doing chains in sf4 or sf3 if that means anything to you, they are not really links outside of combos where you delay hits. Basically the attacks cancel into one another*the ones that are allowed too*. Execution is by far the least of your worries.

Yeah, maybe there's a lack of lingo crossover here, but I think I get it now. If all else fails, just mash it out.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
IntelliHeath said:
I send a message to moderator and see if they will unlock it since it is tuesday here.
I'd rather they just post the updated thread whenever ready, rather than resurrecting that.
Regulus Tera said:
>implying that dying in comics does matter
Could've sworn someone said it mattered to Marvel.

Kimosabae

Banned
Kaijima said:

Disappointing. I thought you were immune to these kinds of posts. - over 9000 cool points.

I, for one, am part of that "perceived" Akuma fanbase.

People whining sentiments about characters they feel don't belong in the game because they're not personal fans of them is so pathetically man-childish.

Shit needs to stop.

Acid08

Banned
QisTopTier said:
Opinions can be wrong? News to me. *this is how violence starts* :lol
He is factually wrong. A perceived fanbase? Akuma is one of the most popular characters in the most popular fighting game series ever. There is an actual fanbase there and it makes complete sense why he's in. He's different enough from Ryu to justify the spot.

Caj814 said:
I honestly think they did it because once they decided to put Servbot in for shits and giggles they were short 1 slot.

Wolverine was white hot at the time too, and had gone through the whole bone thing relatively recently. They were looking to pad the roster anyway, so it made sense at the time.

Kimosabae

Banned
Acid08 said:
He is factually wrong. A perceived fanbase? Akuma is one of the most popular characters in the most popular fighting game series ever. There is an actual fanbase there and it makes complete sense why he's in. He's different enough from Ryu to justify the spot.

A casual friend of mine only plays Akuma in Street Fighter. Any Capcom fighter without Akuma he ignores. He preordered this game when I sent him the Akuma reveal trailer via facebook.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
HK-47 said:
Mags > Cable

Dying in video games doesnt matter, especially with prequels

Also Wesker is totally not actually dead.
Okay I'll give you Mags. But as far as the REST of the members of the X-Men goes, Cable >>>> _________ .

Snapshot King said:
Yeah, Akumas the shit. I'd rather they dropped Ryu.
I'd rather they buff Ryu and send Akuma's sorry ass back to SF.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
enzo_gt said:
Could've sworn someone said it mattered to Marvel.
Someone lied. I remember right after Marvel started the "dead means dead" shtick, they brought Magneto back from death.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Chamber said:
Someone lied. I remember right after Marvel started the "dead means dead" shtick, they brought Magneto back from death.
Oh yeah isn't Spidey next on death row anyways? Wouldn't know. Not that nonsense everyone keeps doing to try and stay relevant, someone was justifying inclusions in the game implying that Marvel greenlighted characters who were still alive in the universe, along with X-23 and She-Hulk who had series' coming out as of recent.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Don't get your knits in a twitty Akuma people. I don't have anything against Akuma per se.

I say he's a waste in MVC3 selection since they already have a shoto. Akuma IMO isn't as different in MvC rules from Ryu as he is in SF3 or SFIV, so he is a lot more of a clone, hell, even if he's a stronger character than Ryu. So they kinda broke their "no clones" rule because of the perception of how popular Akuma is.

Perceptions are not always false, ya know. There's a lot of hype around Akuma in other games, and I'd assume that's what they felt they had to abide by in MvC3.

There are other characters I'd /personally/ like to see in MvC3 but wouldn't approve of because of the clone factor. For example, I'd like to see Hayato, but wouldn't waste a slot on him because there's already several major sword fighting characters and he just isn't unique in the context of this game :p :p

Ploid 3.0 said:
New Bionic Commando guy seems like a waste. In that combo vid I was expecting him to show his stuff but it was lackluster (know it's early but that arm thing seems a bit weak).
Agreed. Of the entire cast he is one of the few I've found myself unable to get very excited about. Maybe he isn't flashy enough compared to the others? *shrug*. I don't doubt there will be tons of people who turn him into a monster, though.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
enzo_gt said:
Oh yeah isn't Spidey next on death row anyways? Wouldn't know. Not that nonsense everyone keeps doing to try and stay relevant, someone was justifying inclusions in the game implying that Marvel greenlighted characters who were still alive in the universe, along with X-23 and She-Hulk who had series' coming out as of recent.
I remember reading Marvel wanted Capcom to use characters who were going to be more relevant in the coming months but I don't know if that's a fact or just fans making their own theories.

Ezenzer said:
Agreed. Of the entire cast he is one of the few I've found myself unable to get very excited about. Maybe he isn't flashy enough compared to the others? *shrug*. I don't doubt there will be tons of people who turn him into a monster, though.
nobody know what he's capable of because nobody's playing him. in the early days of mvc2, nobody realized how good sentinel was. just sayin.

Top Bottom