• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disaster Report 4 canceled, Yakuza Zombie, Motorstorm 3, and MvC3 DLC delayed

Zoc said:
IREM is a company like any other. Nothing is set in stone.

There's no reason for them to delay this game indefinitely, and it's perfectly possible that they'll realize that. I, for one, was looking forward to playing this game, and would buy it if it was released.

The game is not delayed indefinetly, it's cancelled, the development stopped.I don't know how many cancelled games returned to life and were released, but right now it's wishful thinking.

Takao

Banned
Ickman3400 said:
So don't release it in Japan then, problem solved and everyone's satisfied.

Because there is no foreign people who've been affected by the events in Japan?

Sony doesn't need the risk of negative publicity right now, especially for a game in a franchise that hasn't exactly been a huge series for them. Though, I doubt just a JPN delay and business as usual in the EU/NA would cause that much of a problem (granted, having looked at previous MotorStorm sales in Japan, I don't think it's notable enough to cause a huge problem there either).

Clevinger said:
I think you're misunderstanding. Only the Japanese version was delayed, as far as we know.

Oh that would be better and make way more sense than doing it to the rest of the world. If someone gets all offended here then just don't buy it and sit in the corner with your arms crossed.

kiryogi

Banned
Uh what makes you think there was ever a domestic version in the works? Though at this point it's my best hope now.

Sanjay

I wonder if Dice's Battlefield 3 fault line trailer will cut out the earthquake scene when it comes out in a few days.

duckroll

kiryogi said:
Uh what makes you think there was ever a domestic version in the works? Though at this point it's my best hope now.

I'm pretty sure most people are talking about Motorstorm 3. No one really gives a crap about the other games. :p

scitek

They couldn't delay and then release it outside of Japan only? (Disaster Report)

EDIT: Didn't realize it was a Japan-only release.

I understand that they're paying their condolences to the victims and casualities.

But its almost a missed golden oppurtunity, they wouldve certainly benefit from the ongoing media about catastrophy. Its basically free PR in the best way.

In the media create thread, it was mentioned amazon preorders were rocketing. Not the greatest indicator anyway.

Yes, Im being apathetic (I have a mental condition), but from a business point of view its really a fantastic situation for them.

They shouldve delayed it.

Gacha-pin

Even if it would be released, I don't think I have a bad feeling for it. But I don't need or want a virtual earthquake experience from games since I'm still having several aftershocks and the aftershock alerts beeps never fail to terrify me so far :(

scitek

Thank God this place isn't like GameFAQs. Jesus Christ...

Visari256 said:
Yeah it's exclusive. I think only the first game got localized. The 4th game looks pretty good though and I know it probably won't get 9s or 10s but it certainly looks deserving of at least a 8.9

SM fucking H man

Takao

Banned
scitek said:
Thank God this place isn't like GameFAQs. Jesus Christ...

SM fucking H man

Oh man:

Can't people distinguish between reality and a game?

I preordered this game so long ago, and have supported it all the way... But irem is turning its back on gamers, trying to act like it's all "sensitive." It just doesn't want bad press.

But who cares about bad press, when you're disappointing the people who made your company what it is today; your customers!?

You're not being sensitive at all, irem. You're just pretending to be.

I will never buy another irem game.

That's almost Square Enix I am an expert calibre.

NeoZylom

This is extreme ... I guess they should have delayed it?

And I think Capcom/Sega are just delaying their games/DLC for marketting concern and not for 'moral' concern.

ghostmind

I don't think many people have an appreciation of the scale of what happened last week. Whole parts of the country are simply gone. The ground is still shaking constantly. There are rotating blackouts that have started. Countless families are shattered from losing loved ones. There is a threat of a nuclear meltdown.

This is the greatest disaster to hit Japan since the USA practically levelled it in WW2.

Games are not the priority right now.

ghostmind said:
I don't think many people have an appreciation of the scale of what happened last week. Whole parts of the country are simply gone. The ground is still shaking constantly. There are rotating blackouts that have started. Countless families are shattered from losing loved ones. There is a threat of a nuclear meltdown.

This is the greatest disaster to hit Japan since the USA practically levelled it in WW2.

I dont think anyone is saying they should be in japan, i think there saying games shouldnt be delayed elsewhere. Yeah it horrible and my thoughts and feelings are with people in japan at the moment but it shouldnt stop the rest of the world from getting on with there lives. Just like 9/11 just like 7/7 the world goes on and games should come out in those parts of the world not affected.

Carl

I can understand delaying it in Japan, but i can't see why SCEE are "um"ing about whether to delay it in Europe or not. Okay it was sad and stuff, but seriously.

Hela

NeoZylom said:
And I think Capcom/Sega are just delaying their games/DLC for marketting concern and not for 'moral' concern.
I think it's safe to assume that the Japanese have more important things to spend money on right now and throwing the game out there right now would equal a bomb in sales.

Ranger X

I think this is a misreaction on their part, unless the recent event rendered the game disgusting for the people that were working on it.
At the end of the day, this is a business and the wise decision could have been to release the game in Europe and American only for now.

Psy-Phi

Give them a few months to reconsider it, I imagine any game cancelled will come out next fiscal year, they are just having natural knee-jerk reactions to such a thing, both fiscally and morally.

A lot like things in the US being retconned and cut that involved the Twin Towers.

Wazzim

Banned
supermackem said:
I dont think anyone is saying they should be in japan, i think there saying games shouldnt be delayed elsewhere. Yeah it horrible and my thoughts and feelings are with people in japan at the moment but it shouldnt stop the rest of the world from getting on with there lives. Just like 9/11 just like 7/7 the world goes on and games should come out in those parts of the world not affected.
What the fuck is 7/7?

Carl

supermackem said:

Yeah pretty much this.

Wazzim

Banned
Yaweee said:
You must be American. The London bombings.
Dutch, actually. I guess you british people should make more movies and act as it was the end of the world like the Americans for us to know the date..

Curufinwe said:
Perhaps you could have just googled it instead of being rude and ignorant.
Yup, my excuses!

RoadHazard

Gold Member
ghostmind said:

Of course they're not, and I can see why you would delay such games in Japan. But why should that stop SCEE from releasing MSA as planned in Europe? This game and its European/American release has very little to do with Japan. The only connection is the game's theme.

(No, we don't know if they're actually gonna delay it, but the fact that they're even discussing it is kind of bewildering to me.)

ghostmind said:

FFS, not this shit again.

supermackem said:

That's what I was trying to say earlier. It sucks what happened there and I totally get the delays from japanese devs, but I don't get the Motorstorm delay if it's worldwide (or even just europe). Not to sound like a dick, but my life hasn't changed one ounce since that happened and neither has most of the people here and in europe so delaying it in those places just sounds like they're scared they might offend someone and it's completely unnecessary.

I would expect people from outside America to feel the same way if something happened here, and vice versa.

JWong

Banned
godhandiscen said:
Delay into what? Japan might not recover for years to come.
Blowing it out of proportion much?

They'll recover within this year.

On another note, it's sad that this game got cancelled. The lead wanted it to be a tool to teach about survival.

Zen

Banned
It's not like Disaster Report 4 was going to be graphic, or made as 'real' as possible. Seems sort of weird to outright cancel it.

wii_HD

Neo Member
RE Disaster Report 4.

Sure have been some strange posts.

The game as been deleted out of respect to the thousands who have perished. Simple as that.

I think the franchise might have ended also.

Sanjay said:
I wonder if Dice's Battlefield 3 fault line trailer will cut out the earthquake scene when it comes out in a few days.
Yeah, they should probably just focus on people killing and being killed with assault rifles and RPGs because at least that's not an issue affecting anyone in the real world right now.

Top Bottom