• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disaster Report 4 canceled, Yakuza Zombie, Motorstorm 3, and MvC3 DLC delayed

Jenga

Banned
SailorDaravon said:
o_O

Unless it's some sort of logistical reason in Japan, this makes no sense.
What the fuck does it matter?

Maybe key member's families are stuck in disaster zones, who fucking knows.

daffy

Banned
MvC3 DLC delayed a day before? How does that even happen?

EDIT: nvm I thought it was worldwide, now I understand the situation

UrbanRats

I'm very sorry for Disaster Report 4, and even though i can understand it, i still think a (long) delay would've been better.
Anyway, not the end of the world (no pun intended), i hope IREM won't abandon the series in general since, unfortunately, this is not the first and will not be the last earthquake in Japan.

From Andria Sang:

Toshihiro Nagoshi on Yakuza Of the End's Delay

Yakuza mastermind Toshihiro Nagoshi has made a blog post about Yakuza Of the End's delay.

Unlike Sega's announcement, he admits that the decision was made with consideration for the current post earthquake state. He began to consider the delay after canceling the weekend demo events immediately after the Friday disaster.

"I believe the day will come when I will be able to deliver this product to the world," writes Nagoshi.

Hmm... maybe this is going to be more than a short one week delay.

kyoya

I do understand that the time is just not right to release Disaster Report 4, I feel that they should delay it - not cancel it - with the following statement at the game start-up screen:

The following is just my opinion and not an actual statement from Irem, only what I think they should put as a disclaimer in the game:

"DISCLAIMER: Irem Software Engineering began development on Disaster Report 4 in <insert month and year>, before the tragic earthquake and tsunami that struck Iwate, Miyagi and Fukushima prefectures in Japan. The following game software is a fictional adventure simulation, and is not based on the events that occured in Japan on March 11th, 2011.

Any similiarity to any actual events or persons is entirely conincidental and unintentional"

Then, if Irem wanted to donate any of the proceeds from the game after return-on-investment to the Japanese Red Cross, then I think they could.

I realize not everyone is going to agree with me on this, I think the game should be delayed, but we've been through/witnessed 9/11, Katrina, New Zealand, Haiti eartquakes, and many other disasters. I realize emotions are raw - but I feel audiences should have the right to buy the game if they choose. I also feel that Irem has the right to at least make the money they spent on development back, even if that money is made publishing the game outside of Japan.

I realize it's a very, very tough call.

Regarding Motorstorm Apocalypse, I haven't heard any update to the reports yesterday that the EU release may be delayed, but I did just get an email from GAME saying that my order was being processed so it looks like it's being released at the end of the week as originally planned.

Top Bottom