• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT5 | NeoGAF Racing League & NRPC

Mush

Kaze13 said:
Team FWTC doesn't have any registered drivers?! Cmon! Sign me up in the meantime then. Team FWTC - Kaze13 - Nissan Z34.

Toxa where you at?! We need some points. We have a shot a 2nd place!
Toxa called and said Mush needs to do his bit, so he thinks I should sign up instead. :p

Schmitty

Unfortunately I cannot race tomorrow. I was invited to go golfing at the same time as the race so you'll have to get me off the grid

brentech

h3ro said:
Hey Bren, as I messaged Konosuke on PSN, I'm on call tomorrow and as long as I'm not called in, I should be able to race tomorrow. Fingers crossed for a quiet day/night.
Good to know, will check in around race time to make sure we're filled out. We do have some plans a little later so that works out really well.

UFRA

brentech said:
As it turns out, my wife got sick this morning and we have some predicted bad weather passing through this weekend. So we canceled our drive to DC. Not totally sure I can make it, but there is at last a small chance that I can compete for Team Redline if we don't fill out.

Hope your wife feels better.

Where are you from? Midwest? In WI we are expecting some severe weather this weekend. :p

Edit: I snooped at your profile and I see now. ;)

Toxa

Kaze13 said:
Team FWTC doesn't have any registered drivers?! Cmon! Sign me up in the meantime then. Team FWTC - Kaze13 - Nissan Z34.

Toxa where you at?! We need some points. We have a shot a 2nd place!

I'm tired now, too many races xD I need some rest now sorry :p

Dead Man

Okay. Just used a website to calculate the time correctly, this one is at 0530 for me. Again, I will try to be there, but I can make no guarantee.

Dead Man

Okay, I don't think I am making this one either, it's almost 0400, but my body is dying for sleep. Even if I raced, it would be crappy as hell, and I'd probably crash into someone.

Given I can't make these race times, I will withdraw from RRI so someone else can race.

FUCK! My ps3 stopped working. It just keeps telling me that my hard drive cannot be read. Fuck. I can't even go into recovery mode. I haven't even got a backup save of gt5

Target_Bravo- M3 Coupe 07

I don't have a team, so, would I count as a sub?

Apologies for the late submission, only just got back. Haven't touched GT5 in about 2 weeks, so I'm just here for the ride if that's ok.

Kaze13

Late notice today and I'm sorry for that but I have to miss out on the race today. I just PM'd Tox to see if he can race. Good luck Team FWTC.

Toxa

Kaze13 said:
Late notice today and I'm sorry for that but I have to miss out on the race today. I just PM'd Tox to see if he can race. Good luck Team FWTC.

I didn't planned to race tonight I have some other stuff to do sorry I can't make it tonight

h3ro

Called into work. Not going to be home for a bit, sorry Team Redline!

Hopefully Brentech can join Konosuke today.

brentech

h3ro said:
Called into work. Not going to be home for a bit, sorry Team Redline!

Hopefully Brentech can join Konosuke today.
I made it, so we had 2. Disappointed with my result....
Qualified great for 2nd, but failed myself lap1 on the hammerhead as I allowed the pack on my outside and brushed the grass. All my own fault, but had to let the pack go by safely and went on without issue from there.
Everyone raced well, not aware of any incidents?
Really good laps against gutterboy and mush, specially at the end. Will take some video and pictures tonight or tomorrow.

brentech said:
I made it, so we had 2. Disappointed with my result....
Qualified great for 2nd, but failed myself lap1 on the hammerhead as I allowed the pack on my outside and brushed the grass. All my own fault, but had to let the pack go by safely and went on without issue from there.
Everyone raced well, not aware of any incidents?
Really good laps against gutterboy and mush, specially at the end. Will take some video and pictures tonight or tomorrow.

Hey wait a second man... you never appeared on my screen now that I think about it! I'm watching the start of the race and you're not there! ôo So... sorry if I'm at fault for some of those problems :/ There was only nab, Dibbz, me, Mush, MM, Ace and Gutter.

brentech

Was fairly close behind you for the first 7 laps, after my pit you may have been out of my range.

No one "caused" me problems. I allowed people on my outside and we had a huge pack through the first bunch of turns. I just didn't handle it well. Was a great race from there on out.

Nab drove a great race. There was a handful of laps that I made up time, but for ths most part, he just constantly opened up. I was never anywhere near him though after the start.

Mush

Really sorry Team FWTC. :(

I got a great start off the line and lead after the opening lap, but I got reeled back by ashk and MM. After I got overtaken by Dibbz, I decided to try and pull a Ross Brawn and pit early. Well, it worked out for the most part, until I realised that I only had Racing Softs and the stock tyres to choose from. :/

The Evo X has terrible terrible front tyre wear, so I knew it was a big risk pitting in on Lap 6 out of 15. After everyone had taken their compulsory stops, I just managed to squeeze out in front of Dibbz in 2nd place. However, it was all downhill from there. I lost 2nd place, and then fell into the clutches of MM and Edgey. I messed up at the hairpin, and then again at the chicane and any chance of catching up was lost. I thought to myself, "Crap, I'll try and hold on for 5th."

With my front tyres losing grip with every passing lap, I was hoping that I would be able to hold out. But on lap 14, I see Gutterboy
and his seemingly nitrous powered Ferrari
scream by me on the back straight, with brentech not far off.

So, I had hold out his rotary powered red demon for just 1 lap (which I did), and ended up claiming 6th overall which tbh, I found really disappointing considering my great start.

Thanks MM for putting on the race. I had a great time and hey, I finally finished an event for once! :p

Kaze13

Mush said:

I got a great start off the line and lead after the opening lap, but I got reeled back by ashk and MM. After I got overtaken by Dibbz, I decided to try and pull a Ross Brawn and pit early. Well, it worked out for the most part, until I realised that I only had Racing Softs and the stock tyres to choose from. :/

The Evo X has terrible terrible front tyre wear, so I knew it was a big risk pitting in on Lap 6 out of 15. After everyone had taken their compulsory stops, I just managed to squeeze out in front of Dibbz in 2nd place. However, it was all downhill from there. I lost 2nd place, and then fell into the clutches of MM and Edgey. I messed up at the hairpin, and then again at the chicane and any chance of catching up was lost. I thought to myself, "Crap, I'll try and hold on for 5th."

With my front tyres losing grip with every passing lap, I was hoping that I would be able to hold out. But on lap 14, I see Gutterboy

So, I had hold out his rotary powered red demon for just 1 lap (which I did), and ended up claiming 6th overall which tbh, I found really disappointing considering my great start.

Thanks MM for putting on the race. I had a great time and hey, I finally finished an event for once! :p

No worries. I let down the team b/c I said I would make it but had to pull out at the last hour. The tire choice is weird. You would think that a harder tire would last longer but it doesn't. Not that it really matters in the end since there is a mandatory pit stop.

That Ferrari seems to have a monster top end. It pulled like crazy at Fuji if I remember right. lol

I think I could have fought for a podium position this race...I felt good during my practise runs and hardly made any mistakes on the track. :(

Dibbz

Good race. Had a decent qualy got 3rd but had a real bad start. Got overtaken by loads of people in the first turn and was stuck behind ace for the first few laps. Once I broke out I was on Mush's tail and had a good battle with him.

I took 2nd place for most of the race until my pit stop. Came out of pits just ahead of Mush who pitted a few laps earlier but he managed to squeeze past me. I was on new tyres though and could see Mush struggling with his. Managed to get passed him once more and held 2nd place till the end.

Was a fun race and everyone raced really clean, so well done to everyone who raced today.

VIDEO: First lap

Mush said:

Lol, it is because I have zero downforce. Same thing happenend on Fuji. Slow through the sweepers but on fire on the straights. The brakes are a little dicey at times. Good racing though Mush.

This was by far the cleanest race I have partaken in. Seriously, props all around. It was a lot of fun.

Niks

BYZXy.jpg

EPn84.jpg

(You can click each name to see a photo of them in action during the race)

Replay files:

NOT YET UPLOADED

Team Rankings:
ChesL.jpg

Individual Rankings:
VBNSQ.jpg

Official Race Report:
Today’s race was marked by the the lowest attendance ever on the NRL. Only 8 drivers participated, one of them being a last minute addition to the NRL. With only one more race for the league to end, things really don’t look good for Season 2.
On a positive note, this race also marks a first for something. The first race Mush actually finished!

Besides this there’s really nothing to report. Good clean racing all around and Ashk is a god.

Videos:

Screenshots:
Post Race Photos by Metalmurphy

Niks

LH2ld.png

0DjeT.jpg

Special Stage 3 - Suzuka Circuit
pjrCu.png
Length: 3.61mi / 5807 m Longest Straight: 0.75mi / 1200 m Elevation Change: 131.2ft / 40.0 m Corners: 20

Race starts in:
t1302984000z0.png
How to join:
Just post in this thread that you want to join the race and what car you'll be using so you can be added to the list. Priority will be given to members with the lowest Individual Points. Add the PS3 account "GT5NRL" to your friends list if you haven't done it yet, and on race day join the private lounge a couple of minutes before the race time.​

Player conduct while on the server:
  • When the race organizer wants to start the event, please keep chatter to a minimum.
  • Qualifying will start 10 minutes after race time. Use the time to warm up.
  • All members registered on the race must join the track. Substitute players will only join the track when asked to do so by the race organizer.
  • Before qualifying starts we will do a synch check, followed by a 1 lap race. (to reset times)
  • Qualifying will start immediately after the 1 lap race and the full race is set to start automatically after 10 minutes of qualifying.
  • All the players that were in the previous 1 lap race must join the track right after it ends and start posting their times.
  • During qualifying DO NOT quit to the lounge.
  • Please be extra careful during the first corner, and the first lap in general.
  • You must do at least 1 mandatory pit stop during the race.

Players Participating in Special Stage 3 (0/16):
  • 01 - Metalmurphy
  • 02 - Niks
  • 03 - Angst
  • 04 -
  • 05 -
  • 06 -
  • 07 -
  • 08 -
  • 09 -
  • 10 -
  • 11 -
  • 12 -
  • 13 -
  • 14 -
  • 15 -
  • 16 -

Dibbz

Hmm interesting. Formula GT followed by the start of Super GT season 2.

I don't even have a FGT but it could be fun. Can you use borrowed cars online?

Konosuke

This race was very exciting! Sorry Team Redline, I choked yet again...

As shown by Dibbz 1st lap video I had a great start, from 7th to 4th. And the following 4 laps the group remained as tight as shown in the video, it was really tense!

I began to lose focus and made more and more mistakes as I saw Dibbz getting away. I bumped slightly Risk Breaker due to that as I didn't check my left side, but fortunately no damage for both of us and Risk and Metalmurphy overtook me promptly.

The climax of my errors was at the last corner of lap 5, Gutterboy passed me easily and since I was near the pits I decided to pit early where I met Mush, but I couldn't close the gaps between us.

The rest of the race felt like practice laps, I saw the group really tight on the minimap but that was it, no souls around me until the finish.

Hopefully I won't make a race like this again, it was my worst race since the Tokyo incident. Really disappointed here.

Anyway, group photo time!

EOR72l.jpg

TU0LJl.jpg

nULdYl.jpg

F3stIl.jpg

Ez6x3l.jpg

Team Redline sporting the same rims and color :3

I had a great idea for a pic setting!

3jLbjl.jpg

Looking good right? Join me guys!

RjPStl.jpg

Guys? Guys! Here!

e9Svtl.jpg

m0Pwtl.jpg

Put in Formula GT racegrid!

Wow, first and third place for RRI. Awesome job Ashk and Risk Breaker! Shame that only 8 people made it today though.

edit: lol, great pics Konosuke. /forever alone

Kaze13

Nice pics and vid guys! Sounded like fun.

That FGT race is gonna be trouble for me. I'm not skilled enough to race around competitively on the FGT...was hoping for some Rally or Gokarts instead.

edit: practicing around in practice mode and it took me about 10 laps to even get a clean lap in lol (1:38.xxx or something)

brentech

During the lap 1 hammerhead, my DFGT suddenly went loose on me which I figured was because I clipped the grass on the inside (left). Had to sit back and let the field pass me by and then get back on my way.
As it turns out I actually went from 4 wheels on the track and got bumped into the grass with all 4. =( Wasn't enough to damage my car, which is another reason I never suspected contact occurred.

Didn't know until I saw Dibbz 1st lap video - which doesn't give an absolutely clear view, and then watching my own replay from external view.

Slightly more bummed about the race, but at least it wasn't a big goof or something. Was just a product of a tight field working through all those early bends.

I was honestly really embarrassed when it happened because I felt like I did good during qualification and was really confident with the track, then thought I totally screwed up the first 40 seconds or whatever it was. Was feeling sketchy.

F.jpg

(Shitty google picasa compression, will rehost)

After an awful start that made me fall from 3rd (on my screen, not counting bren :p) to
7th (last on my screen) after the first turn, I had a really good race.

F.jpg

I was head to head with Metal most of the race actually. I pitted one lap earlier than I had planned because of this, thinking that maybe I would be able to overtake him, but I didn't :p I think we were battling each other until lap 13 or something like that, when his tyres gave up on him and he couldn't keep up the pace. I raced in a conservative way trying to minimize front tyres wear the most. That meant doing slow in-fast out and the rear was starting to get twitchy at the end but I could manage with the excellent traction I got out of the 8C.

F.jpg

I thought my car was pretty fast but damn, the M3 isn't exactly a snail, the Corvette is seriously fast and what can I say about that 512BB little rocket :p With so many cars on the track it's very nice to see that we're able to keep things pretty equal, excellent job choosing what cars we could use :) Poor AWD buddies burnt the front tyres unfortunately. Can't you guys set more traction to the rear or something? Mush's condition was terrible at the end, I'm surprised by how well he did. :p

I'm very satisfied with my 3rd place and with the race in general. It was very clean, very fast and very exciting. Really good driving people, and what can we say about Ashk :p I took a look at the fastest laps at the end of the race btw. Ashk and I were the only ones who could break into 2:02 territory (not counting bren, as he never appeared on my race...). He was 8 tenths faster though, and extremely close to the 2.01. You did some wizardry man :p I'm sure you even had some time left up your sleeve. All in all, a great result for the team.

I hope more people get to race in the last round of the league (as I won't be able to race next saturday), because the grid felt a little empty and the race could've been even better :(

I'll post a vid (shitty phone quality) of the first 3 and last 3 laps of the race, whenever I'm done uploading.

F.jpg

F.jpg

Video: Laps 2-5
Video: Laps 12-14, MM vs. Mush vs. Me

brentech

Just watched the entire event and recorded it, but it's so long that I figured it's not worth the hassle of uploading it. Specially since I don't have any decent video editing software to cut it down.

I think there might have been a few questionable passes using the chicane, but all-in-all, such a clean event. Really impressive driving by all.

Top Bottom