• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lady Gaga JUDAS Hype Thread [It'll be better this time, promise!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

daffy

Banned
shuri said:
Is "I was being bullied as a teenager" the new card to pull when there's too much heat? Considering that she is from a super rich family, lived in one of the best area of the USA; there are tons of pics of her as a teenager hanging out with tons of friends at parties and how theres a few of her old friends from back in the days who confirmed that she was actually pretty popular in HS, lemme lol at this.
She's been saying that for awhile

btkadams

shuri said:
Is "I was being bullied as a teenager" the new card to pull when there's too much heat? Considering that she is from a super rich family, lived in one of the best area of the USA; there are tons of pics of her as a teenager hanging out with tons of friends at parties and how theres a few of her old friends from back in the days who confirmed that she was actually pretty popular in HS, lemme lol at this.
i think even popular kids can feel like losers though. imagine being her right now (or any other music celeb like her) and being able to go online for 10 seconds and find so many people hating you. it's the price you pay for being famous but damn i'd feel broken down if i was in that situation and had to just shut it all out to go on through the day. i'd hate to search myself on facebook and find a million pages that are variations of "lady gaga's the worst thing to happen to music" with hundreds of thousands (or more) of fans. people can argue her music sucks all they want, but there's no denying that it would be tough to be her for these reasons.

Koodo

Banned
shuri said:
Well, others have already mentioned that she's been pulling this card long before she hopped on the tolerance bandwagon full-time, but regardless: how does being rich prevent bullying, especially when everyone else is just as rich, if not richer?

Also, the stories of whether she was a loser or not in High School are conflicting at best. The one common thread linking all these stories, however, is that it appears she was perceived as a slut. Hardly a noble adjective.

And then there's that nose.

Polari said:
Yeah seems like an act to capture the loser demographic. Considering how popular she is on GAF, I'd say it's working.
2cy1g2h.jpg

Pyrokai

So if one were to want to see the Monster Ball, is it too late to see it in any location? I must see her in concert before I die. It's on my bucket list.

The Lamp

This is the second time I've seen an animated picture in .jpg format. How on earth? I thought that wasn't possible? o_o

S. L.

The Lamp said:
This is the second time I've seen an animated picture in .jpg format. How on earth? I thought that wasn't possible? o_o
it's a gif.
your browser is clever enough to recognize it is named wrong

Sai-kun

Banned
Pyrokai said:
So if one were to want to see the Monster Ball, is it too late to see it in any location? I must see her in concert before I die. It's on my bucket list.

The Monster Ball is basically over at this point I think. The Born This Way Ball will be starting up in the fall though, I believe. (Ugh worst tour name ever)

Larson Conway said:
Lady Gaga singing BTW acapella. You just hear how monstrous her voice is. DAMN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk2YjyqOGu8&feature=player_embedded

Makes me love her even more. Respect +100

God damn. I love her voice. <3 Wow, she's such a great singer.

Koodo

Banned
DAT ATTIRE. My Queen is channeling my other Queen. &#9829;

x3wx1s.jpg

Too bad the channeling didn't extend to the dancing though. That really is Gaga's weak point (not that the vapid trio is giving her any competition in that area).

.JayZii

Banned
Koodo said:
DAT ATTIRE. My Queen is channeling my other Queen. &#9829;

Too bad the channeling didn't extend to the dancing though. That really is Gaga's weak point (not that the vapid trio is giving her any competition in that area).
who?

Chinner

Banned
Londa said:
yep true. but that video is just trying to make people feel sorry for her. It doesn't work on me, because she is rich and can have anything she wants. She isn't happy because of insecurities. I don't feel sorry for the rich.
this is definitely a PR constructed video to make her rebelling fans feel sorry for her. and its working!

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Chinner said:
this is definitely a PR constructed video to make her rebelling fans feel sorry for her. and its working!
I didn't get that from the video at all - just seemed like she was having a melodramatic moment of insecurity, not a 'I'm so overwhelmed! i can't handle it! poor me'.

That video of her singing is really cool. What a voice!

Nemesis_

Sai-kun said:
The Monster Ball is basically over at this point I think. The Born This Way Ball will be starting up in the fall though, I believe. (Ugh worst tour name ever)

The Monster Ball is still going for three more shows.

May 3 Monster Ball • Estadio Tres de Marzo Zapopan, GDL
May 5 Monster Ball • Foro Sol Mexico City
May 6 Monster Ball • Foro Sol Mexico City

The Born This Way Ball will be starting at the end of the year, apparently.

Koodo

Banned
I hope Born This Way Ball is just a placeholder because, yeah, that name just doesn't roll off the tongue that well.

I also hope she fucking comes to my city this time. /foreverneglected

Nemesis_

That begs the question, when can I post the OT?

The FEMME FATALE one was about 25 days before the release. But that was a "hype thread" and not an OT >_>

Do it as soon as you want. I'll be all up in that. We can post news and promo in there leading up to the release. Although expect more haters being annoying

Koodo

Banned
Nemesis556 said:
That begs the question, when can I post the OT?

The FEMME FATALE one was about 25 days before the release. But that was a "hype thread" and not an OT >_>
I'd say a week before the album drops (or as soon as the album leaks, if it leaks). The Born This Way thread will be busier than the Femme Fatale thread and posting it so early will expose it to all sorts of possible derailments before the album even drops.

The Judas thread should suffice until then.

P.S. I found a perfect Gif for the OP:

10nvnrm.jpg

I'm not actually being serious, this might derail the thread

Nemesis_

I already have a HATERS GONNA HATE GIF thrown in at the end. =P

I really need a banner. Worse comes to worse I'll just have to use a cropped HD screen cap of either BTW or Judas's video

I understand how Gaga feels now, though. I spent a lot of work on this thread and now I just cannot hold my excitement and want to release it early! Haha.

Koodo

Banned
julls said:
Wasn't it meant to be on the 1st?
Supposed to premiere the week of May 2nd on American Idol (presumably during the results show, so May 5th).

I just realized Interscope has a more legit account, so that @interscopepromo may or may not be credible.

Edit: Gagavision no. 44 just came out and states Judas video will premiere next week (as officially stated), so that account appears to be a fake.

Also, new beat sounds amazing and there's a really short preview with the vocals.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Saw this on Gawker twitter feed (apparently from Ellen)
Gaggs said:
"In that moment I was very excited and nervous. That was a huge, benchmark moment in my life. I'm 25 years old. I was asked to play Madison Square Garden, sold out five nights. Quite frankly it's very overwhelming. Do I feel like a loser sometimes? Yes. We all feel like losers sometimes."

According to her Twitter she's gonna be posting the full track listing for BTW. We know the original edition has 14 songs, so

1) Born This Way
2) Judas
3) Marry The Night
4) Hair
5) Bloody Mary
6) Americano
7) Government Hooker
8) ScheiBe
9) Highway Unicorn (Road to Love)
10) You and I
11) Edge of Glory
12) Bad Kids
13)
14)

Extended:

15)
16)
17)

I think "Electric Chapel" might be on there, so at least four new song titles today. Eeeiiiiiiiii

Koodo said:
Edit: Gagavision no. 44 just came out and states Judas video will premiere next week (as officially stated), so that account appears to be a fake.

Also, new beat sounds amazing and there's a really short preview with the vocals.

Omg yes, the new song snippet sounds freaking awesome.

Nemesis_

Soulscribe said:
According to her Twitter she's gonna be posting the full track listing for BTW. We know the original edition has 14 songs, so

1) Born This Way
2) Judas
3) Marry The Night
4) Hair
5) Bloody Mary
6) Americano
7) Government Hooker
8) ScheiBe
9) Highway Unicorn (Road to Love)
10) You and I
11) Edge of Glory
12) Bad Kids
13)
14)

Extended:

15)
16)
17)

I think "Electric Chapel" might be on there, so at least four new song titles today. Eeeiiiiiiiii

We have the original fourteen tracks all ready. Heavy Metal Lovers is the final track to be revealed.

Fuck me, I just want to post my OT up now! But I think it is wiser to wait. I WANT TO EDUCATE EVERYONE ABOUT BORN THIS WAY.

THIS WILL BE THE OT OF THE DECADE

ETC

Exagerated Gaga remarks.

Mau ®

Actually that loop was obtained from a royalty free ESSENTIALS MIX CD or something of that sort. So none of them are in the wrong.

Plus JUDAS was recorded a long time ago in 2010

.JayZii

Banned
Welcome to our postmodern society. Everything is an iteration on something old. Those who claim otherwise are sheltered and/or uninformed.

Koodo

Banned
inthezone said:
Actually that loop was obtained from a royalty free ESSENTIALS MIX CD or something of that sort. So none of them are in the wrong.

Plus JUDAS was recorded a long time ago in 2010
That's why I cite Jesus on a grilled sandwich. People will believe what they want to believe.

Londa

Banned
how is it that, when everyone here admits its the same loop? I think that is the only thing I mentioned. No one is lying to themselves or making something up.

Koodo

Banned
Londa said:
how is it that, when everyone here admits its the same loop? I think that is the only thing I mentioned. No one is lying to themselves or making something up.
CRD90 said:
GaGa's stealing songs music, apparently.
"Stealing" music would entail using the opposite of a royalty-free, publicly available beat.

Koodo said:
That's why I cite Jesus on a grilled sandwich. People will believe what they want to believe.
People will believe anything they want? I have no idea what that's supposed to mean... Both songs obviously uses some of the same samples. I'm just glad that it's royalty free and there's no stealing involved. God knows that happens enough in this industry.

Edit: also, the high ratio of dislikes on the video have to be from Gaga fans who're getting a litte too defensive. Funny.

Nemesis_

Once The Monster Ball is done and dusted (May 6th), and this topic dies down after the JUDAS video hits, the OT will be going up.

Unless of course the album leaks at all during then, then I will quickly put it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom