• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First official Harry Potter and The Cursed Child pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kidding. About that at least.

Not about the time travel plot though, yikes.

Look I don't give a shit if she`s black white or blue. But whatever color she is, make sure she is that since the first movie and keep up the consistency. Her agreeing with the move doesn't magically make it make sense. But this is a play so no reason for me to keep it going, I should STFU unless I at least get to see it first.

This isn't the movie tho.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Look I don't give a shit if she`s black white or blue. But whatever color she is, make sure she is that since the first movie and keep up the consistency. Her agreeing with the move doesn't magically make it make sense. But this is a play so no reason for me to keep it going, I should STFU unless I at least get to see it first.

I'd bet that she ends up being a better Hermione than Watson was, who pretty much phoned it in most the movies.

Wanderer5

Hey when Voldemort came back in book 4, he said that because the Lestrange remained faithful to him even when they were captured, they would be rewarded.

I bet we know what Bellatrix's reward was now or one of them!!!>;P

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I was surprised that Hermione is being portrayed as a black woman. Had to take a double take. Usually you'd expect a race change in a reboot, not a sequel. It'll take some getting used to, but I'm sure I'll get used to it if this play ever leaves London.
To be fair her race isn't ever mentioned in the books.

Skatterd

I'm not reading the spoilers, but remember that a highly condensed synopsis can make just about anything sound like the stupidest shit ever.

I get what you're saying but nah if this is real, this is bad fanfic level stuff. I know that sounds like I'm exaggerating but I'm really not.

Tambini

Enough about Hermione's race, she could be played by Brian Blessed in this and it still wouldn't be the weirdest thing about the play. Absolute fan fiction, fan service drivel, I'm well disappointed and astonished that JK approved it as the canon 8th story :(

Cheebo

Banned
Enough about Hermione's race, she could be played by Brian Blessed in this and it still wouldn't be the weirdest thing about the play. Absolute fan fiction, fan service drivel, I'm well disappointed and astonished that JK approved it as the canon 8th story :(

She didn't just approve it, she wrote it.

In all seriousness, they've got some legitimately exciting creative staff on this thing, even beyond Rowling herself. I'm not going to write it off based on a hurriedly-written Tumblr synopsis.

Tookay

I'm still laughing at how bad the plot is.

I usually refrain from judging the story before seeing it in execution, but i don't know how they could salvage this.

Toxi

Banned
Fans begged Rowling to write more Harry Potter.

Now they're gonna get more Harry Potter whether they like it or not.

Jarmel

Banned
The Daily Beast posted their plot summary as well. It goes into a lot more detail than the tumblr post.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...ild-spoilers-here-s-the-plot-of-the-play.html

Phil-About-to-Throw-Up-Modern-Family.gif

How the fuck do the Diggorys raise a kid from a Death Eater family?

clemenx

Banned
Lol, I'm loving the reactions. It's making me appreciate it more.

HP has always been silly and kinda stupid but lots of fun. Don't go acting like the main series is some sort of literary masterpiece.

As I said before. I don't really want this and I hope this is the last work directly relating to Harry Potter and family. Let's hope the Fantastic Beasts movie is succesful so maybe she will turn into writing about an extended universe.

Wanderer5

I feel that people are bitter they can't see the play, why jump to such judgements?

And what made you jump to the conclusion that we are bitter about not seeing the play lol? I personally not a fan of the story being
all time traveling
, and I doubt that going to change much even if I saw the play itself.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Wow. That's pretty bad.

And here I thought they'd actually have the guts to move the franchise forward.

Prompto

Banned
Dear lord it really is almost like if Harry Potter was written by Tetsuya Nomura.

Rowling should have never brought back the time turner.

Wanderer5

Dear lord it really is almost like if Harry Potter was written by Tetsuya Nomura.

Rowling should have never brought back the time turner.

LOL.

Also didn't
she say that she wasn't impress with the idea in the end, and that why she wrote that all the time turners get destroys during the battle of the Department of Mysteries?
Thought I read that somewhere.

Wanderer5

It sad that I recently saw Love Never Dies (which oh boy was that a shitfest of a sequel to Phantom of the Opera), and now this.>.< I probably still read the book and/or the video recording that I sure will likely happen, but ugh.

Man, Hermoine's daughter really got those afro puffs going... Do kids still wear afro puffs today? I haven't seen any irl kids in a while, though that used to be my go-to style back in elementary school.

Skatterd

I feel that people are bitter they can't see the play, why jump to such judgements?

SPOILERS DO NOT CLICK IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW
They bring back like every old character for cameos and Voldemort literally has a kid with Bellatrix. Plus lots of time travel/alternate reality nonsense.

Someone said it was like a bad Doctor Who episode and that's pretty on the mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom