• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 Box Art Revealed

greycolumbus

The success of others absolutely infuriates me.
The Capelli alt is incredible. I would have much preferred it honestly. I think it would have balanced out all of the ugly logos on the cover.

Xater

Enosh said:
I wonder where they will slap the ugly, unremovable big round PSN logo on the EU cover like they fucking always do -.-

Didn't you just answer your own question? Of course they will, that is how SCEE handles their fucking PSN branding.

I love this cover. Good job Olly Moss and IG! Fight these shitty generic render covers.

Xater said:
Didn't you just answer your own question? Of course they will, that is how SCEE handles their fucking PSN branding.

I love this cover. Good job Olly Moss and IG! Fight these shitty generic render covers.
His question was where.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
5733241872_d15c858811.jpg

I like how Capelli is not doing a badass epic pose.
In fact he seems kind of tired and lonely which perfectly matches with the game tone.

V_Ben

Banned
jstevenson said:
I will inquire about a cleaner in-lay version in case you want to reverse it. we'll see where we can go with it

Please :( SCEE always ruins game covers with the purple zit. It'd be nice to have a clean version on the other side that doesn't have that thing on it :)

SamuraiX-

Change the fucking background color.

Good God, my eyes!

I do the love the city outline shaped out from the teeth of the skull though.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Obligatory post about the Beta.

I want my Beta JS and i want it nao! ;)

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Great boxart, drowned in crummy logos that utterly ruin it.

Totally agree with those calling for an alt on the flipside without all that junk.

daffy

Banned
... Well the game should be good so...

That to me looks like a product that is very hard to market. I personally don't like it over the previous covers, but whatever. It tries to be minimalist and artistic, yet there are several extraneous product promos placed over the actual work. As a poster great, but not a boxart for a videogame.

Still, should be a great game!

El-Suave

This is the best box art in ages - I love the fact that I didn't notice the New York skyline immediately and that they used a creme color instead of something more white.

Edit: James, fight SCEE so that they don't use their stupid round PSN/Features sticker and ruin it at the last moment.

jiggles

Banned
Never thought I'd see so many complaints about an Orange/Blue contrast.

EDIT: Oh, wait. I just saw the US art. The OP only showed EU before. Fuck me, SCEA.

rdrr gnr

Absolutely awesome. Definitely the direction to go vs. the typical FPS cover. However, that PS Move logo is fucking horrendous.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
wow, amazing

Carlisle

I hated it at first for some reason. Then I realized that the skull's mouth is made up by the NYC skyline and it became awesome.

mclaren777

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
Very awesome. I love it, though this image is my favourite:

5733241872_d15c858811_b.jpg

I'll print this out and slip it in the front... Capelli being there makes it so much cooler.

But I love the art work, it's super-classy... I wish more games would do stuff like this.
So good! I hope they give out posters at PAX.

Murkas said:
Europe gets a shitty black text white background spine as usual :/

Why is this? I feel like crying every time I see a picture of a European PS3 game collection. It looks so bland and depressing.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
FTH said:
That to me looks like a product that is very hard to market. I personally don't like it over the previous covers, but whatever. It tries to be minimalist and artistic, yet there are several extraneous product promos placed over the actual work. As a poster great, but not a boxart for a videogame.
Yeah, that's kind of the feeling I have too. I think the better option would be to do some bombastic "shoot aliens with yer guns!" render on the front because that's gonna be what lures new people in, then put an alternate cover with this on the flipside, sans all the logo diarrhea, for those who want a more arty touch.

(Really, every game should do that.)

I love it, (NYC skyline is the shit! you know it when you see it type of deal)

Cover of the year? (only if they minimize that PS Move logo)

5733241872_d15c858811.jpg
TWD-Key-Art-560.jpg

Very simple. Very different in style to the other two games.

Not sure if I like it all that much, seems a bit bland and overly bright. Maybe it'll grow on me.

Zoibie

revolverjgw said:
Why is this? I feel like crying every time I see a picture of a European PS3 game collection. It looks so bland and depressing.

It's a step up from the PS2 at least, black text on a white background for every game.

Still, there's something about it that I like, it's simple, it doesn't need to throw the logo in your face every chance it gets. It makes the collection look a bit more cohesive, well, not this gen anyway since most of the other publishers go down the logo route.

Massa

Shig said:
Yeah, that's kind of the feeling I have too. I think the better option would be to do some bombastic "shoot aliens with yer guns!" render on the front because that's gonna be what lures new people in, then put an alternate cover with this on the flipside, sans all the logo diarrhea, for those who want a more arty touch.

(Really, every game should do that.)

Most games on store shelves have the Playstation logos and a lot of them have the "shoot aliens with your guns". This one will definitely stand out.

Top Bottom