• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 Box Art Revealed

I like it. It's clean and different. I like the series okay, and while I may wait for "greatist hits" I'll be there eventually.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
EricHasNoPull said:
I love it, (NYC skyline is the shit! you know it when you see it type of deal)

TWD-Key-Art-560.jpg
I guess you don't know it, then. That's Atlanta.

.la1n

jstevenson said:
I will inquire about a cleaner in-lay version in case you want to reverse it. we'll see where we can go with it

YES, more developers should do that. I love the alternate capelli version and the choice to have that as the cover with absolutely not ugly move logo would be magical. As it is though I commend the choice you guys made, it really is very impressive as far as boxart goes.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Honestly? Not a fan. I'm not saying it has to be some silly, stupid montage covers are today, but this does nothing for me. The one with the solider walking into the picture was better. Also, Resistance 1's cover is much better.

daffy

Banned
Shig said:
Yeah, that's kind of the feeling I have too. I think the better option would be to do some bombastic "shoot aliens with yer guns!" render on the front because that's gonna be what lures new people in, then put an alternate cover with this on the flipside, sans all the logo diarrhea, for those who want a more arty touch.

(Really, every game should do that.)
I agree 100%.

Logos and Resistance 3 text ruin the impact of the art. Art ruins the marketability of Resistance 3 and the logos.

OH FUCK YEAH

Ladies and Gentlemen, you are welcome :3

So glad you guys settles on that boxart JS

So much better than the other options.

DangerStepp

Reminds me of an old grindhouse movie poster. Love it!

This is a bold move, Stevenson. There's not nearly enough beard or sunglasses in there to sell to the Dude-Bro contingent.

Oppo

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
Very awesome. I love it, though this image is my favourite:

5733241872_d15c858811.jpg

I'll print this out and slip it in the front... Capelli being there makes it so much cooler.

But I love the art work, it's super-classy... I wish more games would do stuff like this.

This is why the Move logos and so forth don't really bother me. They have kindly provided a very hi-rez file of the above at flickr, so I will just size and print that out. Not hard to do.

It would be cool if Insomniac and others would offer ready-made PDFs of alt covers and the like for download, but there is probably some sort of legal issue there.

sajj316

fantastic cover! Well done fellas! It's eye catching ... love the orange. It stands out when compared to other game covers. Minimalistic yet maximizes on bad ass appeal!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
PortTwo said:
This is why the Move logos and so forth don't really bother me. They have kindly provided a very hi-rez file of the above at flickr, so I will just size and print that out. Not hard to do.

It would be cool if Insomniac and others would offer ready-made PDFs of alt covers and the like for download, but there is probably some sort of legal issue there.

Who knows, perhaps some special edition will have that sort of cover on the metal/cardbox case housing the actual game box.

I'm going to totally disagree with a few of you. I think it's a terrible idea at this point to make another overly obvious game cover. You don't need to have the main character huge with a gun shooting chimera. I know that sometimes you only get a few seconds to tell the customer what you game is but I'm so sick of *you are THIS guy and you will use THAT GUN he's holding to shoot THOSE ENEMIES*

You don't need to lead people by the nose to get them on board. I think the RFOM cover is a good example of that. They really want to draw more eyes to the box and I think this cover does that while being interesting and original. I'm going to have a poster of that up on my wall without question.

Massa

PortTwo said:

The ugly logos bother me enough to complain about them on forums, not enough to get me to pay to print a logo and manually cut it to fit a game case. :p

PortTwo said:

I don't think so... remember when R2 came out with the two different covers? The Special-Edition cover was released on Flickr in the proper size so people who liked that could print it out as well. Hopefully they can do the same here.

Moss

Glad you guys are digging it. We all liked the Capelli one for the actual cover art but the dimensions of the PS3 box and the amount of space required for the logos just wouldn't allow it.

Oppo

BobTheFork said:
You don't need to lead people by the nose to get them on board. I think the RFOM cover is a good example of that. They really want to draw more eyes to the box and I think this cover does that while being interesting and original. I'm going to have a poster of that up on my wall without question.

I agree, and in recent memory I would say that Borderlands pulled this off as well.

nib95

Banned
Moss said:
Glad you guys are digging it. We all liked the Capelli one for the actual cover art but the dimensions of the PS3 box and the amount of space required for the logos just wouldn't allow it.

Are there multiple Insomniac posters that now post on the GAF? Very good sign though. Getting in there with the fans :)

Ellis Kim

Banned
Fuck yeah, that's a hot cover; It takes GoW3's eye approach and takes it a step further.

For some reason, the version with the guy walking reminds me of Bullitt, and similar films of the era. I don't know why bullitt specifically, but its so hot.

I almost wish that version was the official cover instead.

Xater

Brandon F said:
You don't play as Nathan Hale this time right? Awesome if so, that dude sucked.

Well
he is kind of dead...

Moss said:

Ooh Mr Moss is on GAF? Keep up the good work! I really enjoy the stuff you do.

Top Bottom