• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 Box Art Revealed

jstevenson said:
Hahaha, funny because something like that did happen.
THANK YOU for not just putting a CG render of the main character on the cover <3

Honestly, this is the best official box art I've seen in years. Wish it didn't have so many logos on it; if you guys could POSSIBLY make it reversible with an inside-the-cover version that just has the art, that'd be awesome.

If the regular box art is this good, I look forward to seeing what you guys do with the inevitable special edition.

Hixx

At least SCEE do info on the boxes right. The US box is so cluttered.

Really cool boxart nonetheless!

LQX

Looks terrible especially with that blue clashing with the red. Looks like they were going far that Del Toro and Tarantino take on retro movie posters redone in modern times but does not work quite as well or suit the game.

Very awesome. I love it, though this image is my favourite:

5733241872_d15c858811_b.jpg

I'll print this out and slip it in the front... Capelli being there makes it so much cooler.

But I love the art work, it's super-classy... I wish more games would do stuff like this.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Love it.
Its so uncommon for an FPS game. I mean.. theres no badass dudebro in the cover.
Props to IG.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
chubigans said:
Wait, why is the PSN thing a logo on the bottom and not a banner on the top?

Because that's what happens when the Move logo takes up too much space at the top.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Ah, the US version has all those logos. Why do you do that SCEA? I know it's a PlayStation game, I don't need 5 logos reminding me. I don't care if it's 3D, and even if it is, why not just put that on the back of the box with the other details about the game? Great, it's Move compatible (and if anything will get me to buy a Move controller, this is it), can you note that in a more subtle way? It sticks out even more on such a classy piece of art.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Kagari said:
Because that's what happens when the Move logo takes up too much space at the top.
Hey people need to know about the Move compatibility.. is not that theyre being reminded by a couple of splash screens during 30 seconds everytime they boot the game....

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Love it, although am I the only one that thinks that there's some weird optical illusion going on that makes the case look wider than normal?, I think it might be because of the skull having 4 eye sockets.

Anyway it certainly stands out.

Atruvius

A welcome change to those guy-with-a-gun-box arts that almost every game has these days. That is one of the prettiest box art I've ever seen.

The_Darkest_Red said:
You're right, there is a disappointing lack of grey and brown on the R3 cover.

Or are you talking about all the additional logos?

I'm talking about everything. I don't like it.

LiK

Fersis said:
Hey people need to know about the Move compatibility.. is not that theyre being reminded by a couple of splash screens during 30 seconds everytime they boot the game....
They could just put Move logo as a sticker on the wrapper instead. But they dont do that.

And yea, those splash screens suck ass

I often get the sinking feeling that American cover art focus groups are the real-life version of the urban legend about people needing their baby food labels to show what is inside (http://www.snopes.com/business/market/babyfood.asp). Like Americans get confused if there ISN'T a giant picture of the main character on the front; they don't know who they'll be playing as or which particular power fantasy they'll be acting out.

It's nice, and deeply refreshing, to see cover art that goes against the grain on this. Almost makes up for the tragedy that was Ico's American cover art.

Dyno

Very Criterion. I like.

I wrote Resistance off after the second but they've really changed the tone and style.

I like it but the problem is that the simplicity is marred by all the logos and stuff. If there's some kind of slipcase without all the junk on it, that would look nice. Otherwise it kind of destroys the purpose.

Still, good on them for a great cover in general.

urge26

335236ps_500h.jpg

Loved the alt box art on Resistance 2 (maybe I'm the only one), but I really really love the new artwork for 3..... awesome work.

Enosh

I wonder where they will slap the ugly, unremovable big round PSN logo on the EU cover like they fucking always do -.-

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
Enosh said:
I wonder where they will slap the ugly, unremovable big round PSN logo on the EU cover like they fucking always do -.-

Maybe they can put all the logos in the eyesockets.

badcrumble said:
I often get the sinking feeling that American cover art focus groups are the real-life version of the urban legend about people needing their baby food labels to show what is inside (http://www.snopes.com/business/market/babyfood.asp). Like Americans get confused if there ISN'T a giant picture of the main character on the front; they don't know who they'll be playing as or which particular power fantasy they'll be acting out.

It's nice, and deeply refreshing, to see cover art that goes against the grain on this. Almost makes up for the tragedy that was Ico's American cover art.
It's so true... Now if only they could make up for this:

US:
Resident_evil_4_boxart.jpg

UK:
resident_evil_4_box_pal.jpg

Top Bottom