• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Welcome Back Program Available Now - UPDATED Details Inside

Jive Turkey said:
If the mods are looking for a way to lighten the E3 load they should just start banning everybody who isn't reading the OP. That's like half the GAF population right there.

I read the OP and I wasn't even unbanned yet at the time. Maybe Junioring people is better? :p

KingK

Edgeward said:

Sweet. Thanks.

edit: Also, just saw in the OP that servers are loaded and it may take a while. I guess that's why it took like 6 hours last night for me to download the inFamous 2 demo, lol. I'll just wait a week or two to get my free games I guess.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Cheech said:
You can rent time in data centers. I know people like to be apologists for console manufacturers, but this is another shining beacon of Sony incompetence. I have gone from pissed, to annoyed, to the stage of laughter with this company. I just wanted to get online tonight to redeem my LA Noire codes that I've been sitting on for a couple weeks now.

So, after getting hacked and spending weeks with the PSN store down, they DDoS themselves into oblivion by not adequately preparing for a promotion. Bravo, Sony. Really, well done. I will spend the remainder of my game purchasing days laughing as I pass by your products on store shelves, spending my money on a different company's products. Companies that are not managed by rejects from the Enron School of Business.

I think you should just stop using psn altogether then. and neogaf as well, with all the 505 errors it gets all the time during e3, even though they know it is coming.

xXJonoXx

I tried to get my free PS3 games earlier today when the Welcome Back first went live. When I tried to get my first PS3 game, I chose LittleBigPlanet. I then went to download, but it told me "no content is available to download" or something and it pushed me back to the previous screen. However, the "Free PS3 game 1" thing was then gone, and LBP was not in my download queue. Now, I cannot find another way to get LBP so I only got one game, Wipeout. Is there any way I can get that lost game?

Massa

xXJonoXx said:
I tried to get my free PS3 games earlier today when the Welcome Back first went live. When I tried to get my first PS3 game, I chose LittleBigPlanet. I then went to download, but it told me "no content is available to download" or something and it pushed me back to the previous screen. However, the "Free PS3 game 1" thing was then gone, and LBP was not in my download queue. Now, I cannot find another way to get LBP so I only got one game, Wipeout. Is there any way I can get that lost game?

There is, it's in the OP. ;)

duckroll

Grabbing:

US:
- Qore ep36 (PS+ free!)
- Infamous (PS3 game 1)
- Dead Nation (PS3 game 2)

Singapore:
- Wipeout HD Bundle (PS3 game1)
- Hustle Kings (PS3 game2)

Not 100% sure of what PSP games I want yet. Thinking for the following:

US:
- Pursuit Force
- Littlebigplanet Portable

Singapore:
- Everybody's Stress Busters
- Locoroco Midnight Carnival

wilflare

Is LittleBigPlanet on the WB Package the GOTY version?

US:
1) Wipeout Fury
2) InFamous
-got the other games

Singapore:
1) The Last Guy
2) TrashBox (was thinking of this or LocoRoco)
-no more accounts to get the other games... wanted Hustle Kings though..

no idea on what PSP games yet

SaintZ

I got to the store on my first try and started downloading inFamous. The game was at 10% when my modem reset itself so I had to redownload from the very beginning FML. I'm not sure what other game I'm going to get.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
D-Pad said:
Does this work in Media Go? Because I was able to get Killzone in my cart and pull it up in Media Go, and then download it, but now I can't transfer it to my memory stick. I get this error: A network error has occured. (80048104)

Fake Edit: Screen shot

http://i.imgur.com/OPfID.png

Is there a way to do it manually?

I solved the issue:

Credit goes to GameFAQs, now that I've put it on a "more popular" area, I'm sure people will abuse it and my downloads will take forever. :/

LevelNth

Banned
Damn it, I had a UK account that I never used so I removed it from the user list on my PS3, and I cannot for the life of me remember what email address I used.

Would've loved to double up on the games, but oh well.

Agent X

TheSeks said:
It's only... $1.50? You don't have Wipeout HD or the other stuff to where you really want to get something that is $1.50 otherwise? :/

I already have Wipeout HD and the Fury pack, as well as LBP and inFamous. I was curious if Super Stardust HD included all of its DLC similar to what they're offering with Wipeout HD.

The Team pack might be "only" $1.50, but (other than Dead Nation, which I've already mentioned) it's the only way I would conceivably gain anything at all.

TheSeks

Agent X said:
I already have Wipeout HD and the Fury pack, as well as LBP and inFamous. I was curious if Super Stardust HD included all of its DLC similar to what they're offering with Wipeout HD.

The Team pack might be "only" $1.50, but (other than Dead Nation, which I've already mentioned) it's the only way I would conceivably gain anything at all.

You don't own Dead Nation? That's $15 gain vs $1.50

Fury is included with HD, so I don't see why SSD wouldn't include Impact, but TBH that mode really isn't worth getting for free if you don't have Dead Nation already. *shrug*

If you have everything else, I honestly don't see the harm of getting SSD HD and seeing for yourself opposed to asking here. You really don't gain anything in either case. *shrug*

NBtoaster

piratepwnsninja said:
I have a PSP, but I redeemed everything on my PS3. So probably.

How? I have no wireless internet so I can't access PSN on my PSP, but would still like the games..

Nothing about the PSP shows up on the welcome back menu on PS3.

It's not bannable to do account swaps is it?

UK gaffer here. I've got a US account ready to download the games, but I'd like to get Ratchet & Clank: QFB. Idiot that I am, I totally forgot about my US account when I picked the two on my main account.

Anyways, if it's all the same to you guys (i.e. you're planning on picking up two games that are on both lists), if anyone from the UK/EU is willing to do a 'swap' then please PM me!

Aspiring

I have a question. I downloaded 2 from the aus store and 2 from the US store. I also downloaded 2 PSP games from the US store. How do you download PSP games from the Australian store. Must it be through the PSP store?

So when you transfer a PSP game from the PS3 to the PSP, does it have to check in with PSN or something? I got my copy of LBP PSP completely DL'd and everything, but then I get an error code when I try to copy it over.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
NEOPARADIGM said:
Finally got in.

Observations:

1) InFAMOUS 2 demo is about the same size as the InFAMOUS full game.

2) Wow, LBP is small.

??
infamous 2 demo is 2.5GB, infamous is 7+GB

Agent X said:

nope :(

wilflare

TheSeks said:

Fury is included with HD, so I don't see why SSD wouldn't include Impact, but TBH that mode really isn't worth getting for free if you don't have Dead Nation already. *shrug*

If you have everything else, I honestly don't see the harm of getting SSD HD and seeing for yourself opposed to asking here. You really don't gain anything in either case. *shrug*

hmm what is this Team Pack for $1.50?!

Baller said:
Getting an error when I try to connect to the Store (80710D36).

Anyone else getting this?

Ha, that's actually the error code I'm getting when I try to move the PSP game. So I guess that answers my question.

Agent X

TheSeks said:

Um...yeah, that's why I said earlier that I would be selecting Dead Nation at my first choice. I'm talking about my second pick.

TheSeks said:

Well, LBP and inFamous are the disc versions, so if Super Stardust HD doesn't include the DLC, then I'll probably go with one of those as a download, out of the possibility of convenience. That's why I was asking.

TheSeks

D-Pad said:
<3 Thanks! I'll give it a go.

Just note, you have to redownload and leave your PSP on. Shitty workaround is shitty, but it works. :/

Edgeward

Duane Cunningham said:
So when you transfer a PSP game from the PS3 to the PSP, does it have to check in with PSN or something? I got my copy of LBP PSP completely DL'd and everything, but then I get an error code when I try to copy it over.

Is your psp activated on your ps3? Check your accct management and there should be an option to activate and tie it to your acct/ps3 to allow transfers to happen.

Agent X

Agent X said:

alr1ghtstart said:

OK, that's what I wanted to know. Thanks for the information!

TheSeks

Edgeward said:
Is your psp activated on your ps3? Check your accct management and there should be an option to activate and tie it to your acct/ps3 to allow transfers to happen.

If he's talking MediaGo it won't transfer, activation or not.

rapid32.5

A Human Becoming said:
Infamous has been downloading for almost 3 hours and is only 19% done. Is that bad or the norm right now?
PSN is pretty slow right now I barely get 1Mb/s on 6Mb/s connection.

Baller said:
Getting an error when I try to connect to the Store (80710D36).

Anyone else getting this?
same here.

TheSeks said:
If he's talking MediaGo it won't transfer, activation or not.

Nope, I'm not talking about MediaGo. I'm just trying to move the game from the PS3 to the PSP. And yeah, they are already paired. I just moved some PSOne games from to the PSP a couple of weeks ago (while PSN was still down). I think PSP games have to communicate back to Sony to be initialized or something when you transfer them over (and PSOne Classics evidently don't).

EDIT: And, yeah, that's definitely the case... after spamming it several more times, it finally got through and copied over.

TheBear

Just a few questions about the Welcome back stuff:
- Say I want infamous, but I don't want to download it this month, can I just redeem it and be able to download it whenever?
- How often does PS+ update? Nothing really interests me on it atm so would it be worth waiting until later?
- I thought I hd another question, but I don't.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Man. I want Infamous, but I don't want to download 7GB, nor do I want to have a 7GB install hanging around my HDD. =/ Thinking about getting SSHD instead.

Maximus.

Finally got my last download to work! Took advantage of PSN+ and downloaded a lot of themes and avatars. I downloaded dead nation, wipeout fury, killzone and modnation!

jett

D-Member
Playing some LBP, seems all right so far...but, they have to have cut something, right? it's a 5GB difference from the retail disc.

when the hell are the errors going to stop btw, can't access account management.

Debating whether to get Infamous or dead nation, I already have Infamous on disc, but I keep telling myself ill play a digital version of it. Also cant decide on 2 psp games.

Top Bottom