• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Welcome Back Program Available Now - UPDATED Details Inside

Sydle

Holy shit? Why are some of you defending Sony's fuck up of giving the wrong end date?

I'm glad it's extended. My friend, who lives out in the country with a terrible internet connection, was excited to finally bring his PS3 over to get his free games yesterday. We noticed the Welcome Back program was gone and he was really disappointed. Afterall, Sony said it was available through July 3rd. In any case, I'm glad this is back up...as soon as he gets up we'll start the downloads.

Melchiah

hey_it's_that_dog said:
Except Sony for saying one thing and doing another. It's not ambiguous, it's not debatable. Sony deserves a portion of the blame if not all of it. It doesn't matter if everyone had a year or a decade to do it. They were told it would be available "through July 3rd" and it wasn't. End of story.

Lazy people can come up with any kind of excuses, and shift the blame on someone else. There's no proper reason to let it pass until the last possible day.

test_account said:
It has been extended to 5th July, at 9:00am PST time i think. So far i have only heard about it being extended in the US, not sure about Europe. There is a thread about it here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=436126

Well, now everyone can stop whining, and finally take advantage of the offer.

Sydle

Melchiah said:
Lazy people can come up with any kind of excuses, and shift the blame on someone else. There's no proper reason to let it pass until the last possible day.

The issue here is Sony's fuck up, not when people decide to act on the offer. In any case, it's fixed (because Sony knows they fucked up).

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Where can I find the PSN+ offer? I cant seem to find it in the store.

Melchiah

Paco said:
The issue here is Sony's fuck up, not when people decide to act on the offer. In any case, it's fixed (because Sony got tired of procrastinators' pathetic whining).

Fixed.

The issue here is, that some people left it until the last day, when they could have activated it on the 2th of July, and then started whining when everything didn't go their way. Bo-fucking-hoo.

Sydle

Melchiah said:
Fixed.

The issue here is, that some people left it until the last day, when they could have activated it on the 2th of July, and then started whining when everything didn't go their way. Bo-fucking-hoo.

Not the issue. Sony stated on their own blog that the deal was good through July 3, not July 3rdish or around July 3. Sony messed up, that's the only story here.

What's pathetic is the spin you're putting on this.

Zoe

RagnarokX said:
Still a victim of the stolen data. Welcome back was to regain trust.

The free games are for loss of service. The identity protection is for stolen data.

Melchiah

Paco said:
Not the issue. Sony stated on their own blog that the deal was good through July 3, not July 3rdish or around July 3. Sony messed up, that's the only story here.

What's pathetic is the spin you're putting on this.

The issue is what's the benefit for waiting until the very last moment to activate the offer? Being able to play some Plus membership game for a day, getting a couple of euros/dollars discount for a game or two? Seems to me some (cheap) people are going to great lengths for minor benefits.

angelfly

Truespeed said:
It's still down. I'm surprised there hasn't been more of an uproar from the Japanese PSN users because this is really starting to get ridiculous. How long have they been without the PSN store now? Over 2 months?
And to top it off they handed out PSN+ extensions at the same time as NA.

Top Bottom