• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of 2 Pics Per Post AND READ THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light once more.

13nso.jpg

2jub1.jpg

iNvid02

^ looks awesome but having bezels in between would drive me nuts. if i ever do decide to go multi screen it will be with 3 projectors

Hypatia

iNvidious01 said:
^ looks awesome but having bezels in between would drive me nuts. if i ever do decide to go multi screen it will be with 3 projectors

I'd love projectors but I can't see it ever really being worth the cash considering how much they are compared to similiar spec monitors.

But while bezel-less would be awesome it really doesn't bother me anymore. You get used to them after a while and then they just blend into the background.

Well unless it's a game where your focus moves between screens, like a 2D platformer or something... but I can only think of one game that actually did that so I dont see it as a problem.

And Crysis 2 looks awesome.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Let me apologize in advance, but everybody gets one of those "several posts in a row" cards. I will now use mine, for the sake of sanity I've downsampled the pics from their original sizes.

Love the smoke and fire effects :

aacpy0.png

Amazing weapon model + sweet bokeh :

crysis22011-06-2720-495taq.png

nexen

oh shit. It is apparently time to buy Crysis 2.
Does it play any better than Crysis 1?
I did not care for the gunplay nor their take on open world but loved the graphics.

Corky

KKRT00 said:
Wow, this shot looks similar to Killzone 2 art-style. Did You mod colors?

nope, it's a straight up fraps screen grab

nexen said:
I did not care for the gunplay nor their take on open world but loved the graphics.

It does play better than C1 if you disregard the openworld aspect, which you apparently do you'll gonna love C2

nexen

What is the framerate & your setup?
Corky said:
It does play better than C1 if you disregard the openworld aspect, which you apparently do you'll gonna love C2
Squeee.. I think I'll pick it up on the way home tonight. Thanks!

Corky

nexen said:
What is the framerate & your setup?

Squeee.. I think I'll pick it up on the way home tonight. Thanks!

55-60 fps with unfrequent dips when "stuff happens", mostly related to areas with sources of water sometimes. But again thus far it's been random drops so it might get optimized/patched.

2600k@4.5
overclocked sli 560 TIs
8 gb ram

Do it, I think you'll enjoy it a lot.

Crysis 2 looks so fucking good at night/in darkness. I mean, it looks good in the day, but there's something about the visuals which I don't find appealing then for some reason. Everything has too bloom or something. The lighting looks stunning when it's dark, though.

A horror game needs to happen on the CryEngine.

Great pics, Corky.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Crysis 2 looks insane with the new upgrade. I am so happy I waited to play it. I've actually always looked forward to playing Crysis 2 but haven't had much time and for some reason I decided to play Portal 2 and Infamous 2 before getting to Crysis 2.

Stunning. A big FU to all the naysayers against Crytek. They did what made business sense and now they are giving PC gamers a big MWAHH as they're likely not going to get back their investment in increased PC Crysis 2 sales. Very effin' awesome.

blame space said:
can u shoot civilians in crysis 2

I find this funny. Why is that important to you?

ACH1LL3US

Hi everyone, I was going to get a 4:3 crt monitor for my pc, can you still play current games like Crysis 2, dirt3, NFS HP etc in 4:3 resolutions like 1600x1200?? Anyone able to take pics of any of those games at 4:3 res 1600x1200 to see how it looks?

I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you!

Dacon

Banned
nexen said:

No it doesn't. Your options for tackling encounters are severely limited given the incessant respawns of enemies, and the methods with which you can take them out are a lot more limited than the original. Many of the encounters at the beginning of the game are a completely unfun mess when you're first playing. The freedom of the first game's combat is almost entirely gone imo. Crysis 2 is much more of a standard shooter.

It's still a damn fun game however, but I loved Crysis much more when it tried to have its own identity.

KKRT00

Blackvette94 said:
Thank you! So it would be safe to assume I can run any pc game in 4:3 resolutions?
Every game will work, but some [really few] will have black boxes on over and below the frame like Dungeon Siege 3 [You have some screens on this imgur account] or Witcher 2 [they patched full 4:3 support].

nexen

Corky said:
55-60 fps with unfrequent dips when "stuff happens", mostly related to areas with sources of water sometimes. But again thus far it's been random drops so it might get optimized/patched.

2600k@4.5
overclocked sli 560 TIs
8 gb ram

Do it, I think you'll enjoy it a lot.
Oh god, you are running a beast and you still get dips. I just bought this thing :[
I have a:
2500k 3.2ghz
470 GTX
8 gb ram

Divius

After all the GTAIV screens these last few pages I played a bit on the PS3, but it just looks awful in 720p with all those jaggies.

Corky

Spat_triate said:
GTA4 + IceHancer 1.2 + other mods:

http://img25.mediafire.com/885dd63e21bbd6232891329f1bf54b260b107487a843e3b1adb62b33bec0f5106g.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://img25.mediafire.com/8f1580ac03aa5fa9fdfc427d74e88f65f5e6417fb4c3090c27ed709abe7f50426g.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

Oh god, GTA V what?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I thought the GTA4 mod looked really awkward in motion but with that new lighting & effects it could seem more consistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom