• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of 2 Pics Per Post AND READ THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spat_triate

Roarer said:
You still can't mod the Steam version of GTA IV right? Damn, might have to track down a non-steam copy...

I have the steam version. Practically all of the mods work. ENB 0.81 (and IceHancer) works, but some of the features are disabled.

Roarer

Spat_triate said:
I have the steam version. Practically all of the mods work. ENB 0.81 (and IceHancer) works, but some of the features are disabled.

Really? Wow, there goes the rest of the day. See ya!

kokujin

Banned
Spat_triate said:
GTA4 + IceHancer 1.2 + other mods:

885dd63e21bbd6232891329f1bf54b260b107487a843e3b1adb62b33bec0f5106g.jpg

8f1580ac03aa5fa9fdfc427d74e88f65f5e6417fb4c3090c27ed709abe7f50426g.jpg

What's icehancer?

Spat_triate

kokujin said:
I think the newest ENB adds SSAO, not too sure though.
I think SSAO has been in for a couple iterations now. IceHancer is a custom ENB setting (custom dll, ini, etc.) that adds lighting effects, Lens flare, Dynamic DOF and reworked bokeh. Feel free to pm me if you want links, explanations etc. I don't want to fill up this thread with too much text.

More from gtaforums:
0_6026b_38ccc0a3_orig

0_6026a_cb7787a0_orig

Gvaz

Banned
Spat_triate said:
GTA4 + IceHancer 1.2 + other mods:

885dd63e21bbd6232891329f1bf54b260b107487a843e3b1adb62b33bec0f5106g.jpg

8f1580ac03aa5fa9fdfc427d74e88f65f5e6417fb4c3090c27ed709abe7f50426g.jpg
If this is what GTA4 can look like now on a midrange PC (amd phenom 2 x3 720 @ 3.2ghz, 8gb ddr2, 1gb hd4890) I might actually find time to play it.

Are there mods to remove the awful driving handling and damage dealt to vehicles? Or at least my own? I hate in GTA type games where you get a fender bender and it looks like your whole front end got destroyed.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
IcyBlueStrawberry said:
And if anyone's wondering I was using 4xSGSSAA for those pics.

Oh wow nice. 3 questions.

1) what kind of performance are you having?
2) what kind of rig do you have?
3) when using 4xSGSSAA do you have to use 4xMSAA in conjunction aswell?

Spat_triate

Gvaz said:
If this is what GTA4 can look like now on a midrange PC (amd phenom 2 x3 720 @ 3.2ghz, 8gb ddr2, 1gb hd4890) I might actually find time to play it.

Are there mods to remove the awful driving handling and damage dealt to vehicles? Or at least my own? I hate in GTA type games where you get a fender bender and it looks like your whole front end got destroyed.
You can edit the handling and collision damage very easily (think notepad editing), there are also multiple mods that do the same thing.

I have a 4870 and it runs fine (>30fps), so you should give it a shot.

Gvaz

Banned
Spat_triate said:
You can edit the handling and collision damage very easily (think notepad editing), there are also multiple mods that do the same thing.

I have a 4870 and it runs fine (>30fps), so you should give it a shot.
What do you have for a CPU since GTA4 wants more of a CPU than GPU

Corky said:
Oh wow nice. 3 questions.

1) what kind of performance are you having?
2) what kind of rig do you have?
3) when using 4xSGSSAA do you have to use 4xMSAA in conjunction aswell?

1) With Physx on low FPS is between 40-60 in intense battles, 50-60 everywhere else. I switched to med PhysX and 2xSGSSAA for the first level because I liked the leaves, but everywhere else I use low and 4x.
2) I've got 2 2GB"Eyefinity 6" 5870s, but I get negative CF scaling with this game so only 1 card is working atm.
3) Nope. I just set CCC to 4x, change the slider to Supersampling, turn off in-game AA and it works fine.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
IcyBlueStrawberry said:
1) With Physx on low FPS is between 40-60 in intense battles, 50-60 everywhere else. I switched to med PhysX and 2xSGSSAA for the first level because I liked the leaves, but everywhere else I use low and 4x.
2) I've got 2 2GB"Eyefinity 6" 5870s, but I get negative CF scaling with this game so only 1 card is working atm.
3) Nope. I just set CCC to 4x, change the slider to Supersampling, turn off in-game AA and it works fine.

wow that's great :), much appreciated.

Damn good framerates for only using one card and SGSSAA to boot.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
A random pic

justcause22011-06-2709qjem.png

The geometry this game pulls is crazy. This is just a random shot to show some scale. That little plant down there is pretty big and explorable but looks like nothing.

UrbanRats

Spat_triate said:
I think SSAO has been in for a couple iterations now. IceHancer is a custom ENB setting (custom dll, ini, etc.) that adds lighting effects, Lens flare, Dynamic DOF and reworked bokeh. Feel free to pm me if you want links, explanations etc. I don't want to fill up this thread with too much text.

More from gtaforums:
http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/5808/w02f.a/0_6026b_38ccc0a3_orig[IMG]

[IMG]http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/5507/w02f.a/0_6026a_cb7787a0_orig[IMG][/QUOTE]
Dude, give us a link, it'd be rude not to.

EDIT: A'ight, PM sent.

Spat_triate, I've sent you a PM about the download locations of those files. Searching for icehancer on google brings me back to this thread, lol.

I have a GTX275 + i7 920, so not sure if I can play it at that quality with that framerate, but I want to try for sure.

Also, I've never been able to get D3DOverrider to work with ENB enabled, GTA4 crashes on startup if both are running. Anyone been able to get past that yet?

Edit: Found it: http://www.gta4-mods.com/misc/icenhancer-12---enb-graphic-mod-f9236

Gvaz

Banned
MrBig said:
You guys are making me hate my 9600
I can barely get crysis to look any better than it does on consoles.
That's because that card is barely better than what consoles have for graphics

MrBig

Gvaz said:
That's because that card is barely better than what consoles have for graphics
Yes indeed that is why I hate it.
darthbob said:
Dude, that card is from like 2003, what do you expect using an AGP card?
I can run just about any game from before 2011 on high. Even Crysis 1 I can pull 30fps on medium settings. Crysis 2 I'm scraping 30 at low-med settings.
And the gt came out just a few years ago, is pci

yeah i am loving Just Cause 2.. i'm running out of ammo all the time, though. Crackdown spoiled me in that regard.

really great-looking game, too. even on the ground!

justcause2z7f5.png

Cerepol

Hydrophobia, I'm actually pleasently surprised at how well it runs on my laptop :D, of course thar be jaggies so watch your eyes!

x3sphere

darthbob said:
Dude, that card is from like 2003, what do you expect using an AGP card?

I think he means 9600GT, but yeah, 9600 Pro was the first card that came to mind. That and the 9800 Pro were damn good cards back in the day :D

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Just tried out some botmatches. The game feels solid but also like a step back from Quake Wars and the original ET, while it lacks polish and isn't optimised so well.

Levels like this one are probably a good glimpse of how Rage will look, though Rage should have some better megatextures and be more optimised among other things.
f4aee2e9151c36c003857245ab7b027d51218c31.png
d448569f9a0bbf7f1cb0e84edf335f1c3c908f37.png

RS4-

Wow, I didn't know GTA4 mods made it look like that, I haven't checked up on things in a while.

I may have to play it again. I still have to pick up a wired 360 pad too.

hlhbk

So the real question is if there are any mods to actually make GTA playable? The last time I tried it the framerate was all over the place and it was just an aweful port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom