• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of 2 Pics Per Post AND READ THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hypatia

Weenerz said:
3 monitor setup?

Yep yep. Three 16x10 22" screens. If you're considering it go with 16x9. I'd've done so but I bought my first screen without even knowing you could have multiple screens.

And some more:

Dead Space:

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands:

Alice:MR is the new hotness. Loving the game right now. Clever puzzles and platforming that aren't mindless & painstakingly thoughtless(Uncharted 2). :)

scitek

likedamaster said:
Alice:MR is the new hotness. Loving the game right now. Clever puzzles and platforming that aren't mindless & painstakingly thoughtless(Uncharted 2). :)

Wha? I'm liking the game, too, but it's pretty simplistic.

Hixx

Dacon said:
Thanks, definitely gonna check it out when I get the chance.

It is a surprisingly decent game but you do spend an awful lot of time 'looking' at the phone which has a kind of annoying visual effect.

43a2228f7af1355586d7976aae8da512a0f26d17.png

b3f4cbfaf8233ed7404744f8fa699f96b4017dd2.png

Hooray for my inaugural post :p

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Dacon said:
Oh? Do elaborate.

It's kind of like detective vision in Batman: AA. You can use it to spot enemies through walls and whatnot. I didn't find it overly distracting, but I didn't use it a whole lot.

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light.

I just had it to take a screenshot every 10 seconds, so they're not quite as perfect as I'd like, but damn this game has really impressed me with its visual style.

1dnmx.jpg

20nev.jpg

thirteenhn8n.jpg

fourteenzuw5.jpg

Anddd I'm done :) 7 posts is a fair bit, but hey, that's not bad considering that's probably 3/4 of the game over a mere 14 screenshots.

Great game - go play it! One of the best co-op experiences I've had in ages.

I don't think it would matter when you're playing because you're focused on the middle screen and the ends of the side ones would surely just be there for glancing at and adding atmosphere.

You probably don't even notice it.

I imagine. I want a 3 screen setup to see for myself. >_>

Hypatia

zombieshavebrains said:
It looks so stretched on the ends though.

The fisheye effect is in every game though. The only difference is with a 16x9 aspect ratio it's not usually wide enough for the stretching to be obvious. Though it depends on how wide the FOV is.

Foliorum Viridum said:
I don't think it would matter when you're playing because you're focused on the middle screen and the ends of the side ones would surely just be there for glancing at and adding atmosphere.

You probably don't even notice it.

And yep, exactly; you can't tell because the side screens fill your peripheral vision.

In all these games the focus is on the middle screen which has the same FOV as if the game was only being run on one screen. I can only notice if I turn my head away from the action basically.

Anyway, two more:

Just Cause 2:

Half Life 2:

Hypatia

legacyzero said:
This picture alone makes all this worth it!

:p

It's incredibly easy to take great looking panoramic shots of Just Cause. I can pretty much just spam f12 whenever I want and voila; instant awesomeness!

I could only be bothered uploading that one though.

Why are you trying to make me spend money on a 3-monitor setup?

Just need another GTX 580 and two more of my monitors to get 3D Surround... *drool*

legacyzero

Banned
Snuggler said:
Wait, Condemned is on PC? How do I not know this...
Oh yeahhh.

I broke down and bought it because I loved Condemned 2 so much, that I had to see if the first one was as good. SOOO AWESOME.

Fallout 3 There was no setting for 1600x900 so went with 1600x1200
1e27cd47e0dc6d92ed07a35e50556501cb3c0ff7.jpg

449f802351718ecab0f8e090a851dbe34ef600d6.jpg

To those wondering why there's so many ash piles. I have a zombie mod on. Full settings.

Hawk269

legacyzero said:
FUCKING LOVE THIS GAME. Such Atmosphere! Bloodshot was better though.
de20ca4c3ffd74026c6d0c8546e429b59de4d1a8.jpg

2fa603a984f3c11c06f54b0fe95c65fc3317b8f2.jpg

Does it work with a 360 controller? Loved the 360 version back in the day, but now that i have a beefy pc, would love to get it again.

legacyzero

Banned
Hawk269 said:
Does it work with a 360 controller? Loved the 360 version back in the day, but now that i have a beefy pc, would love to get it again.
Havn't tried it. I dont have a wired 360 controller or that wireless adapter thingamajig. Although I prefer Keyboard/Mouse on PC either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom