• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT| of Listening to Classics (Not f&$@ing U-God)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamspy

The only good rapper from Detroit is Danny Brown. He's good, but I wouldn't put the whole D on him.

Someone YT that Fixed track for me. All I got is my phone for net.

Double D

Fixed2BeBroken said:
Alright Gaf......Here you go. http://www.mediafire.com/?nnl3n04epilf1x6

K. Jack,
100 bars for your little bitch ass.

NOW.

Soul Creator, Recon, and and whoever else....whats up with the mixtape. fuck all this corny battle babble babble bullshit.

Get at me.

6scKP.gif

Recon

Banned
kamspy said:
The only good rapper from Detroit is Danny Brown. He's good, but I wouldn't put the whole D on him.

Danny is alright, but the midwest is currently detroit and chicago right now, imo anyways. Ohio hasn't been relevant since Bone was relevant.

Also, fixed,that was dope. We really need to finally make a track.

Esch

Banned
kamspy said:

Aren't you a big Insane Clown Posse fan? they're from there.
laugh.gif

anyway fixed2b that track was like

owned-funny-funny-987.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Fixed2BeBroken said:
Alright Gaf......Here you go. http://www.mediafire.com/?nnl3n04epilf1x6

K. Jack,
100 bars for your little bitch ass.

NOW.

Soul Creator, Recon, and and whoever else....whats up with the mixtape. fuck all this corny battle babble babble bullshit.

Get at me.
AWWWWWW SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTT.

ilDJtC.gif

BODIED. That Sonic beat is godlike, did you make it?

I hope I didn't miss any shots directed at me or something.

enzo_gt said:
AWWWWWW SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTT.

ilDJtC.gif

BODIED. That Sonic beat is godlike, did you make it?

I hope I didn't miss any shots directed at me or something.

naw, its some shit off of a charles hamilton mixtape, so i assume produced by him...he didnt even rap on it...always wanted to rhyme on it, so figured id just do it with this.

and no shots at you sir.

PBY

Banned
Fixed2BeBroken said:
thanks, but you do realize, "fuckb0y" is in reference to you.
I do, laughed out loud when I heard that- you took shots at a bunch of people, didn't bother me cuz the rap was so good/I can take it (especially since I was one of the people here needling you to post a battle rap)

kamspy

So who from the D would y'all really put up there? Big Sean? D12? The former members of Slum Village who no one really cares about? Ha!

Flint is the best city rapping up there with DFC and Dayton Family.

As far as the whole midwest goes, prolly have to go Chi for that Do or Die and 'flict.

Esch

Banned
more people care about Elzhi, Dilla, Big Sean, Royce, and Eminem than fuckin Danny Brown, get out of here with that.

Danny Brown is like on Phat Kat/Guilty level.

EschatonDX said:
more people care about Elzhi, Dilla, Big Sean, Royce, and Eminem than fuckin Danny Brown, get out of here with that.

yea...

elzhi and royce probably "hottest" out of the D right now.....big sean sorta too..

<Edit>

Just saw this...
K.Jack said:
Yawn. Not too bad.

LOL.....

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
EschatonDX said:

Ironically, if Dilla were still alive, he'd probably pick D.Brown over everyone you listed.

DominoKid

kamspy said:
So who from the D would y'all really put up there? Big Sean? D12? The former members of Slum Village who no one really cares about? Ha!

Flint is the best city rapping up there with DFC and Dayton Family.

As far as the whole midwest goes, prolly have to go Chi for that Do or Die and 'flict.

Dilla (RIP) is Detroit

kamspy

Did someone seriously call eminem a rapper?

LOL

Elhzi proved how much hype he had by doing a renake of another dudes shit instead of his own. Smart, because it prolly got way more downloads that way. His boss at Ford isn't even checkin for him. Let alone enough payings fans to sustain a career. Em's just a manfactured marketing robo puppy. You people can't seriously consider him a musical artist right?

Danny B on the other hand is dope as fuck. Has a buzz from this decade, and just plain iller than anyone from detroit or chicago.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
kamspy said:

LOL

Elhzi proved how much hype he had by doing a renake of another dudes shit instead of his own. Smart, because it prolly got way more downloads that way. His boss at Ford isn't even checkin for him. Let alone enough payings fans to sustain a career. Em's just a manfactured marketing robo puppy. You people can't seriously consider him a musical artist right?

Danny B on the other hand is dope as fuck. Has a buzz from this decade, and just plain iller than anyone from detroit or chicago.
Wv2K5.gif

kamspy said:
Someone post a YT link to X n Buss killing Otis please. I have no internet right now.
It's not out yet, in the vid I posted in my previous post, Busta played the intro. "ITS NOT. A FUCKING. GAME." and all. Flex is gonna premiere it tomorrow at 7pm.

TheOddOne

kamspy said:

LOL

Waka-Flocka-smoking-2.gif

Tokubetsu

enzo_gt said:
Wv2K5.gif

It's not out yet, in the vid I posted in my previous post, Busta played the intro. "ITS NOT. A FUCKING. GAME." and all. Flex is gonna premiere it tomorrow at 7pm.

haha i think i made that gif.

We need some love in here to balance the chat out
http://youtu.be/CtnJ20UQDgk

Also Kams, you better than this man. You know you can't be smoking this much with the kids outta school.

Elzhi>your favorite rapper (most likely)

Dude is beyond dope. Glad to see he's finally making an impression on good producers/making connections.

Danny Brown is dope as hell too.

Esch

Banned
For what it's worth I actually do like Danny Brown, even if he looks like snoop's dickgirl brother. I only referenced popularity because that is what kam took a shot at.

I mean honestly i dont really care that Elmatic was a remake. Still has some of the hottest spit on the market this year by far. He bodied the Halftime beat.

HiResDes

Shit's just too derivative and overdone for me to even really acknowledge.

Elzhi = Dope + Sometimes Boring

Danny Brown = Dope + Always Entertaining

HiResDes

Yeah right...Rhythmatic Eternal King Supreme >>>>>>>> Elmatic, for example

Edit: Easily huh? I guess we have different ideas of how great this year has been...SMH

Esch

Banned
PhoenixDark said:
Elmatic?

bar for bar it would be the best rap album of the year if it was an album.

easily. Hell, he coulda probably just changed the beats, released it as a different album, and it still would be.

I played elmatic in the car for like a month straight after it came out.

its that good. and being that illmatic is probably one of my most favorite albums, i was especially critical of elmatic and damn did it did it exceed my expectations.

Esch

Banned
funnily enough, i actually tried to dislike Elmatic as much as possible when it hit because it was a remake but i couldnt. The rhymes are trim and perfectly delivered, and the instrumentals are dope. I'd definitely be down for another Elzhi+Will Sessions album over some original shit, would be great.

Plus it's not like R.E.K.S is a super original work of music either really, shit is like a 90's greatest hits album. i'd say that in it's own way it's as much of a tribute as Elmatic is.

HiResDes

I don't know the whole thing just sounds so choreographed to me...People say that Elzhi took Nas' style and made it his own, but I'd beg to differ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom