• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Vita Japanese Launch Thread. "APOCALYPTIC!" says concerned Nuclear Muffin

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsu

Send off? Haha.. oh god...

They should launch Vita with epic funeral music, like Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake (Vita playing the seductive Black Swan) or Sarah Brightman singing "All I Ask of You" (Vita playing the Phantom).

I will likely get the limited 3G bundle in US, Gravity Daze and SoundShapes, whenever they come out.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Good job, Takao.
But to be honest, after reading about all those features again... Preorder cancelled!

Yeah, as if.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I hope the Vita software market tanks over here like the PSP's did.

I don't know if I could go back to spending more than $12 on games for an also ran handheld.

yencid

I'm going to do header images linking to each post once I get the content finished. Which might be five years from now...

could always just ask the mods to delete the comments inbetween (i would say move them but im not sure if thats possible)

OLY-00126-l.jpg

"He's dyin' boss, give 'em sum a dese!"

In any event, I'm banking on the fact that GAF doom and gloom usually portends massive success. Please don't die Vita! :-0

mrklaw

MrArseFace
if the Japanese 3G version is docomo, does that mean its 3G 2100? In which case it *should* work in Europe right? Uses full size SIM cards?

patsu

They should launch Vita with epic funeral music, like Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake (Vita playing the seductive Black Swan) or Sarah Brightman singing "All I Ask of You" (Vita playing the Phantom).

I will likely get the limited 3G bundle in US, Gravity Daze and SoundShapes, whenever they come out.

EDIT: Imperial March would work too.

[What have I done ? Only wanted to edit my original post]

patsu

I hope the Vita software market tanks over here like the PSP's did.

I don't know if I could go back to spending more than $12 on games for an also ran handheld.

Where do you live ?

If you can't spend $12 on a Vita game, then don't take out your wallet ! That way you don't have to rely on Vita software market dying or thriving.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Once again, OTs are for specific games, not for whatever random topic. Stop using "|OT|" markings on Gaming for anything that isn't an official thread for a specific game's release.

hmm. Seems odd that its just for games. Not like a console launch comes along very often, and its not just 'any topic'. Oh well.

Takao, take a breath and relax. You have a great thread with lots of good info - ignore the nasty people wanting everything now.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Sales numbers will be at least single digit. I'm getting one! In four days...

Baki

@GoFreak:

How many preorders did the 3DS have at Yodobashi? Could use it as a good metric to estimate launch shipment/sales of the PSVita.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Any pics of what actual media the software comes on looks like? Is it some kind of proprietary SD-card thingy? I've been out of the loop.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
The square button's unresponsiveness in the initial launch units resulted in one of the best Krazy Ken quotes of all time.

"This is the design that we came up with. There may be people that complain about its usability, but that's something which users and game software developers will have to adapt to."

Offering additional testimony praising the handheld, Kutaragi said, "I believe we made the most beautiful thing in the world. Nobody would criticize a renowned architect's blueprint that the position of a gate is wrong. It's the same as that."

First time I ever read saw those. Ken sure was high on his own fumes at that point.

neptunes

"This is the design that we came up with. There may be people that complain about its usability, but that's something which users and game software developers will have to adapt to."

Offering additional testimony praising the handheld, Kutaragi said, "I believe we made the most beautiful thing in the world. Nobody would criticize a renowned architect's blueprint that the position of a gate is wrong. It's the same as that."

First time I ever read saw those. Ken sure was high on his own fumes at that point.

Ken was only approaching Yamauchi levels of swagger

How do you even top something like this

Yamauchi on RPG's (shortly after Square Jumped ship to Sony)
"[RPG players] are depressed gamers who like to sit alone in their dark rooms and play slow games.

Jea Song

Did the right thing
Can someone tell me why people are calling this already dead? Joke? Most system launches suck. It's the most powerful dedicated game handheld. Did you like psp? Then I see no reason why you won't like the vita. You know you want one, and wouldn't mind having one.

patsu

Can someone tell me why people are calling this already dead? Joke? Most system launches suck. It's the most powerful dedicated game handheld. Did you like psp? Then I see no reason why you won't like the vita. You know you want one, and wouldn't mind having one.

Takao is a pessimist. He chickened out in front of the cellphone gaming wave. :runaway:

That and seriously, the old PSP approach needs to die anyway. ^_^
I tried Vita. It has the potential to rise above casual mobile gaming, but all eyes are on Sony for making the right moves.

Cant wait to hear JP GAF opinions and impressions about Vita in the coming days. Seriously considering buying this in the EU next year and all new hands on info is appreciated.

Brannon

Worst thing is that there are morons out there that actually ate this up, no question. It was... incredible.

Takao

Banned

(Click around to head to a different post in this OT)

oTPSv.png

h3q9S.jpg

Bvlv0.png

I'd like to thank duckroll, Nirolak, Kagari and the rest of the moderating staff of NeoGAF for not banning me in this time of need. I'd like to thank Bad_Boy because I copied and pasted his work. I'd like to thank Toro for being a cool cat. I'd like to thank SCEJ for making a website that made this experience shorter by having everything listed out on their site. Lastly, I'd like to thank the populace of NeoGAF, because even though no one will read this part of the post, without you guys it would be a pretty handheld-less world out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom