• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Don't Use Imgur

decyx

screenshot80162lcq12.png

screenshot816918zpk4.png

Also disabled DOF.

What do you mean with doesn't make any sense? I cannot think of something that ENB could have influenced.
The self shadow of the character is too dark giving the general lighting conditions of the area, pitch black shadow hiding all the model's detail in the back. So far ENB in the game does more harm than good. Some times someone will post a really good looking shot featuring ENB but in reality the same shot of the vanilla game could look just as good, not having the original to compare to, doesn't benefit any potential judgment one could make. To me the screens where ENB looks appropriate, are the ones with dark scenes like night.

Some AC Revelations. Btw, does anyone know how to host a picture that is clickable? I'd like to be able to post the picture here, then once it's clicked, the original opens up for the person clicking. It saves me having to post the original in a seperate link every time I post a picture. :/

acrsp2012-01-1000-16-3mavn.jpg

acrsp2012-01-1004-31-6klds.jpg

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
screenshot80162lcq12.png

screenshot816918zpk4.png

Also disabled DOF.

Do you have a link for the texture mods? This looks great. I picked up the games on PC after playing through them the first time on the 360 but I was going with PC for the 3rd one. Haven't had a chance to restart them yet though.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
1080p @ Ultra High + 8xMSAA + 16xSGSSAA + 4xSSAA + 2x2 OGSSAA + FXAA (ENB v0.102² YabbaDabbaDoo Config)

2y6xj3.jpg

19nz7g.jpg

This is Skyrim? WTF?

Durante

Shitty overdone bloom and god rays in the first shot, and the grass textures are totally washed out in the second. You really should tweak that config some more.

2nd shot is also a bit blurry, maybe try turning the FXAA off, I think you're covered with the rest of your AA.

Edit: Quick, someone post these in the "Are PC games a generation ahead?" thread

sp3000

Someone post those shots in the "Are PC games a gen ahead". I guarantee at least half the people will be fooled.

I like how the AA wouldn't even work with each other LOL

decyx

Do you have a link for the texture mods? This looks great. I picked up the games on PC after playing through them the first time on the 360 but I was going with PC for the 3rd one. Haven't had a chance to restart them yet though.

Just so you know, the more high-res textures you use, the longer it will take for the game to load the main screen (about five minutes for me). After that, it's fine.

Texmod (required to load custom textures)

High-resolution textures for characters
High-resolution Blue Suns Armour
Chipped Steel counter

4096x4096 Collector Armor Texture
HD Eyes
Updated Elcor, Scientist and Colonist Textures
High Def Normandy SR2
Normandy Map HD
No Red Veins of Death
High-resolution Normandy Black Floors
High-resolution Paperwork
Cabin Desk Photos

talicomparison2.jpg

Oh my goodness, those ME2 mods look amazing, is it very difficult to install?

Nope, but the tool used to activate them is cumbersome. Couple that with the fact that adding the high-res squadmate textures means there's a 10-15 minute load before the game actually begins. Though the amount of time can differ depending on your systems capabilities.

Great shots darkdeus, but what's going on with the foliage in the background? Is that caused by ENB? If not, check if you have transparency-supersampling enabled in your settings.

StudioTan

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
1080p @ Ultra High + 8xMSAA + 16xSGSSAA + 4xSSAA + 2x2 OGSSAA + FXAA (ENB v0.102² YabbaDabbaDoo Config)

2y6xj3.jpg

19nz7g.jpg

Srsly though, how long before we get close to something like this in games?

Top Bottom