• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Don't Use Imgur

x3sphere

Skyrim ENB

0be707f7d66c944643a5b225e1aeb83950592b50.jpg

a8aac5db53eefc3f9ac416fa0e8a22414d297cda.jpg

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
WAIT, THERE HE IS, OUR ENEMY EZIO AUDI...

no wait, that's just some guy sitting on a bench. nothing to see here, move along.

Special J

Banned
people posting skyrim pics really need to do something about the foilage.

either use transparency multisampling, downsample the images or use a FXAA/SMAA injector, the IQ on the ones without these look like shit.

Learn from x3sphere, and L0st Id3ntity

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Is it me, or is there was a pretty large jump from AC:B to Revelations?

The SSAO and such makes Brotherhood look marvelous. And the beautiful textures. The lighting in general is loads better.

people posting skyrim pics really need to do something about the foilage.

either use transparency multisampling, downsample the images or use a FXAA/SMAA injector, the IQ on the ones without these look like shit.

Learn from x3sphere, and L0st Id3ntity

4xMSAA + 8x transparency supersampling here. Not much else I can do.

Jtrizzy

Yeah I have Revelations and it looks awesome...looking at those Brotherhood shots there really seems to be a big jump.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
not to nitpick, but what's with the red and blue around the guy on the right?

In K&L2? The game uses a bunch of filters and effects to simulate visuals being 'filmed' through a handy cam, as if someone is following the characters around documenting their actions. Thus it has plenty of effects that look like video and colour artefacts, etc.

scitek

not to nitpick, but what's with the red and blue around the guy on the right?

The game is supposed to be simulating a web stream, complete with YouTube-like "buffering" symbols and everything. It's intentional.

EDIT: And I'm beaten, so I'll just say I hate it.

IMACOMPUTA

So, how much of a performance hit does ENB on Skyrim give you? What kind of rig do i need to get those visuals at a playable framerate, x3sphere?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I absolutely love the look of K&L2 in parts, especially in motion.

Agreed, I dig the look, stills don't do it justice. It's like a Michael Mann shootout filmed with a cell phone camera. I wish more games would go for such a bold visual style. The game itself is average at best but it's worth playing just for the unique presentation.

EatChildren

Morrowind Overhaul has god rays. Skyrim does not.

Goddamn you Bethesda.

x3sphere

So, how much of a performance hit does ENB on Skyrim give you? What kind of rig do i need to get those visuals at a playable framerate, x3sphere?

I've got a i7 920 @ 3.5ghz and HD7970 clocked at 1075/1400

In those screens I was running 2560x1600 at 2xSSAA. Gives me a stable 30 FPS, sometimes dips but very rarely. Once I get around to clocking this card at 1200MHz core it should solve that. Performance is double at the same settings with ENB off, so a pretty drastic hit FPS wise.

joezombie

Batman looking at things in DX9 at 1600*1200:

064690ad39706809f00c3cb2aecc45c15c004a45.jpg

8a1c612999f267141b2499555d50ad51647373ec.jpg

My first time post in this thread, so tell me if I'm doing it wrong

Also, is there any particular spoiler policy here? Have some nice shots of boss fights

hlhbk

Man after looking at these shots I have no idea why people think ENB brings anything to the table for Skyrim. Vanilla looks better imo. ENB oversaturates the world and makes it lose the feel that Bethesda was going for. Not to mention the performance hit just isn't worth it.

Man after looking at these shots I have no idea why people think ENB brings anything to the table for Skyrim. Vanilla looks better imo. ENB oversaturates the world and makes it lose the feel that Bethesda was going for. Not to mention the performance hit just isn't worth it.

I agree. I think certain ENB configs can look good in very specific areas/times of day, but 95% of the ENB screens I've seen feel like some kind of unholy eye fucking (kinda like that Crysis 2 Blackfire mod ;P)

I'm not entirely sure if there really was a feel Bethesda was going for, or if it was merely PS360 limitation filters all over the place. Meh, I didn't feel it.

With so many variations of ENB sure you can easily mess things up, I'm probably a culprit of that myself in some shots I post.

You are right about the performance hit being not worth it right now, as ENB is still not optimized, but personally I do not receive a big hit on my machine. Right now I'm too happy with my combination of FXAA Injector/ENB HD6 to ever go back to vanilla, though I'm sure my current results will not be amazing in a month or two, when better optimized/modified enb is out, but vanilla will always remain awfully washed out and uninteresting imo.
Also Lost Identity, what ENB are you using?
http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4142#

Anyway a couple of night shots:

TESV%202012-01-12%2003-05-55-16.png

TESV%202012-01-12%2003-27-28-80.png

Top Bottom