• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rarest Game You Own?

Almond

The rarest game I have is probably the original Harvest Moon for the SNES, but it's from a video rental store.....

6wqOA.jpg

These are the only other games I have I would consider rare/hard to find.

4pKBL.jpg

Mtslk.jpg

Kurtofan

Final Fantasy V Advance is sold 95 € on amazon holy shit.

Edit:Final Fantasy VI Advance is sold 250 € HOLY FUCK

I knew they were hard to find but shiiiiiiittttttttt be right back.

Hope I still have the boxes.

Edit: oh they sell for way less on discount sites, oh well 50 euros for GBA games is crazy enough

DK jr arcade machine
Radient Silvergun
Panzer Dragoon 1, 2, & Saga
2 copies each of FF 4,5,6 GBA sealed
Zelda 1 nes Sealed First Print.
Cubivore
Zelda themed Gold Gameboy Camera
Jack Bros Complete
Earthbound Complete
Bunch of GameCube in-store demo disks
Animal Crossing Beta Program(was technically the press version that they sent out to 300 gamers who signed up for it)
CDi zelda games

P6010008-1.jpg

P6010002.jpg

P6010004.jpg

My cousin rented Gitaroo Man from Blockbuster once and never gave the disc back. He gave it to me a couple years ago. Probably not that valuable as it has no case and no manual.

I have Chrono Trigger on the SNES. Apparently that's pretty rare? I dunno.

I've heard Legend of Oasis on the Saturn is somewhat rare. I've got that.

I'd have a black label copy of Final Fantasy VII, but some asshole stole disc 1 in highschool and never gave it back.

Skimming the thread, I see others mentioning Mario RPG on the SNES as being rare. I've got that, too. Skimming the rare games others are mentioning, infact, I also have:

- Klonoa 2 (PS2)
- Shenmue 2 (UK Dreamcast)
- NiGHTS (PS2)
- Lunar: The Silver Star Story Complete (PS1)

Mognet

I used to have a decent collection of PS1 games until they all got thrown in the trash but now the only games which survived and that I at least consider rare are my original FFVII and FFVIII and Grandia 1 PS1 games.

Squishy

I wonder if anyone on GAF has the Panzer Dragoon Orta Xbox.

I do. It's the PAL version though. But I don't think any version is that hard to come by, is it?

I guess the rarest games I own are Tombi and Tombi 2. A few others which might be rare, but I have no idea about are;

- Demon's Souls Black Phantom Edition?
- Pikmin 2 Gamecube?
- Sin and Punishment Wii?
- Metroid Prime Trilogy?

They're all PAL, I don't know if that makes any difference.

So, nothing amazing really.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
It's not that rare, but considering a few posts in here it fits:

Ikaruga for the Gamecube.

Naxuu.jpg

Saturn:
panzer dragoon saga EUR with packaging (from amazon back in the days for 40 bucks!)
Radiant Silvergun
Shining Force 3

Snes:
Chrono Trigger
FF3 in packaging
Earthbound with guide
Rendering Ranger

NGPC:
ganbare neo poke kun sealed (personal thing)

the bold one is probably the rarest.

EDIT:

holy shit.. maybe i should sell it
http://www.ebay.de/itm/RENDERING-RANGER-R2-R-SFC-FAMICOM-SUPER-NINTENDO-SNES-NEU-NEW-MEGAMAN-X-3-X3-2-/170775483276?pt=DE_PC_Videospiele&hash=item27c303138c#ht_2077wt_1112

edit2:

i totaly forgot gunhed for the pc engine! not super rar but my fav game for the system

jimi_dini

I managed to get my hands on this here:

uIDzC.gif

in 2010 in perfect condition. Yes, that wouldn't be that rare. But I got the absolute first print using the VERY FIRST officially released SCI engine version to be exact 0.000.247 (Sierra also released it as inferior AGI version at the same time, they tested waters). Before I got it, everyone thought 0.000.253 would be the very first version :)

I got several LE and CEs of regular console games, but wouldn't consider those really rare. Maybe Metroid Prime Trilogy, but it's still not that rare.

really rare would be something from my DVD collection - Ghost in the Shell 2 Japanese LE Collector Box (yeah the really big one lol) and the International LE Ver. Type Motoko

dc89

Wow!

I guess Final Fantasy VII, Big box edition for PC is pretty rare. Especially when you factor in I have all the damn leaflets still that they put in that big box lol.

Yeah, that's probably it.

Oh. I didn't realize Radiant Historia is rare. Hm.

I have that and the Metroid Prime Trilogy too. I also have a lot of old NES/SNES/Sega/DC/GB/GBA/DS games that I can't even count. I'm sure some of those are worth keeping. I don't have anything super special from those days though.

Esura

Banned
2eBz2.jpg

only 300 copies worldwide ... and shrinkwrapped :p

And I'm still not decided if I should sell it or not :(

Dude...don't you dare sell it. You cherish it, and love it, and be grateful you have such an awesome collectible. I'm so jealous. lol

You will regret it and your future offsprings will hate you for selling off their college fund.

I would have to say Mega Man X2 and X3 cartridges only in excellent condition. I want to buy the game boxes for both of them but it's hard to find.

Dino Crisis 2 for the PC, still shrinkwrapped.
Konami Collectors Series for the PC, also still shrinkwrapped.
Got them from a blowout sale, 2 games for $10. Bought them, but kinda forgot about them so I never bothered to install the games.

Lunar: Eternal Blue
Zone of the Enders
Castlevania: SOTN non-greatest hits version
PSO: ep 1+2 on the GC.
Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis
Zelda Collectors Edition
Brave Fencer Musashi
Saga Frontier II

There's a bunch more but I'm too lazy to check the boxes right now.

Robin64

Banjo-Kazooie. Get it? /sigh

In seriousness, I have a few games listed in this thread that I didn't think were rare.

Terranigma for the SNES
Twin Snakes, Ikaruga and Phantasy Star episode 3 for the Gamecube

But my pride and joy (and it might not be RARE, I don't know) is the dual-screen Zelda Game&Watch. Love it, never getting rid of that baby.

Edit: Also Christmas NiGHTS and Zelda for the CDi.

zon

Maybe my old copy of Planescape: Torment. I have no idea how rare it is but I haven't seen the original box since I bought mine in '98 or whenever it was released to retail.

Randdalf

Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland I guess. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney too, probably, it goes for a high price on eBay and Amazon so it's either rare or grossly understocked.

Pietepiet

Some stuff I think is uncommon at least:

- Ufouria
- Electroplankton limited edition with headphones
- Sin & Punishment
- A completely black copy of Klonoa (review I guess? No game logo or anything on the disc, just text)

And something that is not really a game, but it's an NES cartridge so I'll put it here:

A copy of Color Caves by Alex Mauer and Eirik Suhrke. Chiptune album on an NES cartridge, playable on NES. Only 100 of these exist.

I don't know if anything I own is rare. But somewhere I have the games and boxes (in good condition) for:

Space Invaders (Atari 2600)
Big Bird's Egg Hunt (Atari 2600)
Pac Man (Atari 2600)
Donkey Kong (Atari 2600)
Combat (Atari 2600)

The Legend of Zelda (NES)
Dragon Warrior (NES)
Gradius (NES)
Rygar (NES)
Contra (NES)
1941 (NES)
Ice Hockey (NES)
Pro Wrestling (NES)

Act Raiser (SNES)
UN Squadron (SNES)

Ecco the Dolphin (Sega CD)
Hook (Sega CD)
Eternal Champions (Sega CD)
Night Trap (Sega CD)
Ground Zero Texas (Sega CD)
Batman Returns (Sega CD)
Double Switch (Sega CD)
Lunar: The Silver Star (Sega CD)

Nothing special as far as I'm aware.

First edition (800 only) of Pier Solar :

piersolar2.jpg

Plus I guess it's kinda rare, a blister version of demon's souls deluxe (US) and a blister version of the black phantom edition (EU)

PKrockin

Oh yeah, I have Bubble Bobble NES with the manual, but I don't quite remember if it's rare or if you need the box too.

fushi

Ganbare Neo Poke-Kun with box and manual.
Faselei on the Neo Geo Pocket
These and complete copies of Rhythm Tengoku, Guru-Logi Champ and Hachiemon for GBA. I also have the PAL PS2 release of Raw Danger!, which is quite rare, I think...

I also have all the bit Generations games but I've no clue if these are rare or not.

Edit: And a full boxed copy of Outcast for the PC.

Spwn

The PS2 Silent Hill Collection is probably pretty rare. I haven't seen it anywhere since I bought it. Also have the Nordic cardboard sleeve version of Shadow of the Colossus that has a couple of art cards included. The first print of Radiant Historia and the PAL versions of Dragon Quest V DS and Ace Attorney Investigations are pretty rare nowadays too, I guess. The non-platinum versions of Final Fantasy VIII and IX are next to impossible to come by these days too.

hiro4

I do have some "rare" games like the Zelda Collectors Edition and Panzer Dragoon Saga.

But to be honest, so many people have those game I don't even consider them rare anymore.
I also have a signed Grandia III copy signed by the composer and the director, but that has more emotional value.

I do have a numbered edition of the Lord of the Rings Online, which was limited to a 1000 editions if I'm correct. I guess that is my rarest game.

mclem

I don't have anything *incredibly* rare, but a few somewhat rare items.

Sin & Punishment
Arc the Lad Collection
Panzer Dragoon Saga PAL (Rarer than US, isn't it?)

Out of interest, is there a reliable source for determining print run numbers? I have a PAL Odama, not sure how rare or otherwise that is.

I wonder if, twenty years from now, we'll get people claiming "A complete Skylanders collection"

Edit: Seeing the post below this: Banjo-Tooie and Conker's BFD are uncommon? Add them to the list, too, along with the all-stars anniversary edition. Also, Vesperia never really *struck* me as rare, but I guess it is. I wonder if Xenoblade should count?

parski

Banjo-Tooie
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Conker Live & Reloaded
Mega Man Zero Collection
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Shenmue 2 (Dreamcast)
Super Mario All-Stars: 25th Anniversary Edition
Tales of Vesperia
The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition
Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner (Signed by Hideo Kojima)

All of the above are PAL releases and are to my knowledge rare or at least uncommon in PAL territories.

danmaku

Probably Last Blade 2 for the japanese Neo Geo AES. Far from being the rarest NG cart, but I paid about 200€ for it.

LAST_BLADE_2_NEO_GEO_AES_RARE_NTSC_JAP_SNK_1.JPG

I also have a LE Mushihimesama PS2, is it rare?

elektrixx

Banned
I'm gonna win Zelda: Collector's Edition in a few hours (GCN) but apart from that I don't have much else.

Brutal Legend?

Guitar Hero 5 guitar with Guitar Hero: Metallica faceplate?

[edit] I totally forgot. This is mine!

d7cb8970-1.jpg

heynow12

Banned
I gots me N64 games + cases + manuals from the COMPANY Rare which I believe besides goldeneye and original Banjo are pretty rare in themself.

I also heard "The Neverhood" on PC was a very rare game which I also happen to have a copy of for some reason.

meppi

If I'd had to pick, it would be one of these:

Photo08-02-12111848.jpg

Magical Chase (PC-Engine) PC-Engine Fan edition
Gourmet Sentai Bara Yarou (Super Famicom)
Faselei (NeoGeo Pocket Pal)
Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire (PC-Engine)
Shinrei Jusatsushi Taromaru (Sega Saturn)
Ketsui Death label (DS)
Captain Commando (PSone)
Rakugaki Showtime (PSone)
Zanac X Zanac (PSone)
Guevara (Famicom)
Panzer dragoon Mini (Game Gear)
Summer Carnival Recca (Famicom)
Starwing competition edition
Space Invaders (Virtual Boy)

Photo08-02-12112059.jpg

Pengo (Mega Drive)
Guru Logi Champ (GBA)

Picture of the wrong CD in the magazine, this is the right one:
PCEfan2.jpg

Motteke Tamago with Ganbare! Kamonohashi (PC-Engine) unreleased game which only came with this issue of PC-Engine Fan.

DeLaJetSetRadio.jpg

De La Jet Set Radio

And then we have these new in box:

Photo08-02-12112204.jpg

Carbonox

f6lvt.jpg
- This is worth a fair bit. Got it for free as well. Good luck finding a decent priced copy now.
e6t7Y.jpg
- This is quite rare as it was only ever sold by Play.com for a limited time.

I also have the following which are difficult to find easily now but aren't worth that much still in terms of sell-on value:

Vanquish Steelbook
Devil May Cry 4 Steelbook
Resident Evil 4 Steelbook
Onimusha 3 Special Edition
Silent Hill 2 Special Edition

mr_square

Holy crap @ those Game and Watches - lovely condition, that's got to be worth a fair bit, no?

My fave collectible is probably my Bit Generations games:

800px-Bit_Generations_Series.JPG

(not my pic) Not sure if they're at all rare though.

Aside from that, I've got:

Seaman (US Dreamcast)
MGS Twin Snakes (PAL GC)
Skies of Arkadia (PAL GC)
NiGHTS (JPN PS2)
Okamiden (DS)
Ico/SOTC (PAL PS2, original issue cardboard versions)

Plus a load of old big box PC games (System Shock 2 etc.)

which I think are all vaguely hard to come by.

meppi

Holy crap @ those Game and Watches - lovely condition, that's got to be worth a fair bit, no?

I think so, but I've never even looked into selling them.

All of those are brand new and unopened besides Donkey Kong I think. Could be Donkey Kong Jr.
Which I just wanted to play again before the G&W collections came out on Gameboy. :)

Top Bottom